Finally, a Radeon 9700 killer available

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Rand

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Xtasy
Hmmm... a piece of compu technology that can actually appreciate in value :D. I still hardly doubt that it's 4 chips and sdram can even beat a geforce 3.

Well from the few sites that ever saw a final V5 6000 after 3dfx's crash it usually performed right in-line with the GF2 Ultra, albeit with beta drivers as 3dfx never had any final V5 6000 drivers released. It also had 8X FSAA. Pretty nice for the time but relatively low end in today's market....

kimber

Jan 20, 2001
mine too. ;<)

there was a time when if you didnt have voodoo you didnt game. i remember seeing unreal the first time on my buddys 166mmx with a voodoo1.talk about eye candy :)

Slaimus

Sep 24, 2000
This is the cleanest 6000 board I've seen. Others use used a huge intel AGP arbitor chip with tons of stuff around it. This one with the HINT chip looks very clean and cheap to build. May be the closest to final revision there is.

SFang

Apr 4, 2001
Originally posted by: merlocka
get it here. Better hurry before they run out.

Urgh:confused:...What?:Q...Ahh:|...I just clicked the wrong button on Ebay, and confirmed this card for $999, anyone who promoting it are responsible here....:disgust:

Well, since this card has been so popular :), I would like to sell it for $1599. Firm price. Payment first. :D

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: spankyOO7
what was 3dfx thinking making a card that took up so much real estate?!

They were able(technically speaking) to make it, so they did(sorta). :)