Finally: A NEW band that plays Great Rock! *calling all 40 something music fans that miss good rock*

Golden Member
Jul 22, 2003
Just to get you on the same page, I'm 40 something, and I listen to 'classic rock' - Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, Doors, Cream, early Elton, Hendrix, early steve miller, blind faith, Yes, Traffic, Dave Mason - you get the idea.

This new band called 'Comets on Fire' blows me away. When I heard their song 'jaybird' on NPR last week, I thought they were playing something from the bubble puppy or other music from 1968.

All I can say is wow. I have finally found a new band that I will buy a CD from. Put this in perspective, other than this, the newest CD from a rock band that I have is U2's rattle and hum, and that was a present.

:):):):):):)

rahul

Nov 1, 2004
"Avatar" is actually their "mellowest" album. Their earlier stuff is more pop-noise.

dennilfloss

Past Lifer 1957-2014 In Memoriam
Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
Holy distortion and screaming Batman! Can't lead singers sing anymore and can't lead guitarists play clear notes anymore? I'd have to take the brown acid to like this crap (and I was around in 68).