Final Q3 2003 GDP Released

Fern

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 30, 2003
Yeah, could be. But don't be surprised if it's higher. Q3 was 8.2%, man that's high. But look for a boost in Q4 due to new tax laws. I've got a lot clients making large purchases for business now to take advantage of increased write-offs for equipment purchases (section 179 of US tax code). The banks and eqiupment dealers have been pushing this a lot this quarter.

Jan 12, 2003
Originally posted by: Fern
Yeah, could be. But don't be surprised if it's higher. Q3 was 8.2%, man that's high. But look for a boost in Q4 due to new tax laws. I've got a lot clients making large purchases for business now to take advantage of increased write-offs for equipment purchases (section 179 of US tax code). The banks and eqiupment dealers have been pushing this a lot this quarter.
If it's higher, you can have my job, as I should lose mine :)

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: rml
Good news!

Let's hope that more jobs will be created in 2004!
Based on what? More jobs at a local Walmart?

The report showed some Companies are replacing aged PC's they got for the 2000 rollover, big deal.
Nothing else in it to write home about.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: rml
Good news!

Let's hope that more jobs will be created in 2004!
Based on what? More jobs at a local Walmart?

The report showed some Companies are replacing aged PC's they got for the 2000 rollover, big deal.
Nothing else in it to write home about.
Just give me my cart and leave me alone when I come in to shop, OK Dave? I don't want to get chatty, you take your "greeter" job too literally.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The Q3 stats are very misleading, considering the huge number of Americans who refinanced their homes, cashing in equity... That reservoir is drained. Now for some real growth, we hope....

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Vadatajs
Just let me know when there's net job creation again.
Just read the AT Expert posts, they swear there are more jobs being created than lost everyday and they are higher Wage jobs to boot.

Have a lot of Bridges For Sale too.

ASK THE COMMUNITY