Final Fantasy XIV 2.0

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RavenSEAL

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2010
Hrm, is it still that long out? they were posting 8-9 months out when this thread was still new, 5 months ago. I haven't really paid much attention, but the last time I checked the squre page for it, i dont recall it being quite THAT far away still. They may not have had a set date for it yet. I do receive emails from them, and, while it never has a firm date, they do make it seem like its drawing close?

The game is playable in its current form. i doubt many peole would rate it one of the best around, however.

If you do play, do yourself a favor and use a controller for it. I'm a firm believer in everything mouse and keyboard for pc games. But, this game is so much easier to control with a controller.

The roadmap they have published has 2.0 set to go live when the PS3 version of the game releases. They are however restructuring the game as they go, from my understanding. Right now the latest patch seems to be 1.2?

Does anyone know if the subscription model has been re-activated yet or if its still F2P?

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
SE has got to be burning some SERIOUS money into this game, holy crap.

Sucks that 2.0 isn't due out for another year, Gamestop has the game for $9.99 and I'm seriously considering a time burner now that summer is here.

tera online launches in a week. Play that instead.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I don't feel comfortable dumping $60 on a new MMO, made that mistake with SWTOR.

It's $50 and it's not a handheld casual game. Game is more action combat oriented, so if you're good you can kill party mobs by yourself (though it'll take 25 minutes). Certainly is the case for the open beta weekend. Similar impressions from everyone else playing as well. Not a day 1 purchase for me but that's because I have other things I need to get through.

morpheus305

Jan 31, 2010
2.0 is about 6-7 months away right now. We will see a video of it at E3 this year. Btw, lalafels are tarus.

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Yea I believe the timeline is for 2.0 to come around October this year? Haven't checked any of their docs lately however, but I think we're about 6 months out still.

Still looking forward to it myself as well.