Final Fantasy Tactics

gear02

Jul 3, 2001
For those who don't know, SCEA is releasing FFT on the Greatest Hits Line. This is great news since the Greatest Hits line goes for $20 while ebay auctions go for about $100. (It's a rare game)

Here's my question, WHEN IS IT COMING OUT? I checked ebgames.com and gamestop.com and it doesn't list it anywhere. Can anyone find any information?

Here's the article from GIA

Final Fantasy Tactics confirmed as joining Greatest Hits
[06.12.01] » Fans thrilled, eBay sellers less thrilled.

The GIA confirmed today that hard-to-find classic Final Fantasy Tactics would be joining Sony's budget-priced Greatest Hits line this July. Final Fantasy Tactics was published in the U.S. before the advent of Square Electronic Arts, and Sony Computer Entertainment America maintains the U.S. publication rights. Therefore, SCEA will be publishing the game as a first-party title.

Copies of Final Fantasy Tactics have been known to go for well over $100 on eBay; fortunately, Sony's Greatest Hits line carry a suggested MSRP of $24.99 and are regularly available for $19.99 or less. This low, low price is karmically offset by a god-awful green bar printed directly on the instruction manual. Nevertheless, Square and Sony should be commended for reissuing this strongly demanded product. This is the way!

Here's that link:
http://www.thegia.com/news/0106/n12c.html :D

Viper22

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Dont know when its coming out but its one of the best PSX Games ever. I loved that game. Still have an original copy of it also.

Viper22

May 31, 2001
Well, the article does say July. Most online stores do not bother listing release dates for Greatest Hits titles, so there will probably not be much luck there. I also have an original copy. A friend gave his to me for my birthday, after I had no luck getting it on eBay. I will check with another friend that owns a game store, and if he has a release date, I will post it here.

Shadowedge

Feb 25, 2000
Yeah I read this the other day, its crazy how much it went for on eBay.

I remember when this game first came out, my friend and I got this very cheap. I've never actually had the chance to play this game yet either (I am very behind on gameplaying :))

May 31, 2001
If you have a DexDrive, I could send you my characters. They are maximum level on every career path, no GameShark used. :D

CrazyHelloDeli

Platinum Member
Jun 24, 2001
I still have FF tactics in perfect condition, I love that game.

EDIT-HOLY CRAP, I even have the old PS Ogre Battle limited Edition. HAHA Awsome. Totally forgot aboput Ogre Battle.

May 31, 2001

<< I still have FF tactics in perfect condition, I love that game.

EDIT-HOLY CRAP, I even have the old PS Ogre Battle limited Edition. HAHA Awsome. Totally forgot aboput Ogre Battle.
>>

I also have Ogre Battle LE and Tactics Ogre LE for PSX. Ogre Battle is just a port of the SuperFamiCom/SNES version, and Tactics Ogre is a port of the SEGA Saturn game. Tactics Ogre will also be appearing in some form on the GameBoy Advanced.

lupin

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 1999
Why is it rare??

I remember when it came out people were bitchin' about how awful the game was, and that sales weren't very good. Personally I think it's the 2nd best FF game, right after FF6.

May 31, 2001
I just remember people complaining about the difficulty. It is rare because not many were made, and it is highly sought-after. I consider it to be one of the best FF games on the PSX. For SquareSoft's overall best on that console, I would probably say FFT or XenoGears.

piku

Diamond Member
May 30, 2000
Tactics Ogre was also on the SNES (in Japan), and I think it was maybe the same version as the PSX one (either that or they just use the same engine, because they look strikingly similar).

Oh, and to add my 2c, Tactics is the second best game Square has made.

Noriaki

Lifer
Jun 3, 2000
Holy crap!!! $100 on ebay!

I've had that game for eons. I got it for $25 canadian (~$16US)

That game kicks major booty, I didn't realize how rare it was.

*takes good care of his FFT* :D

May 31, 2001

<< Tactics Ogre was also on the SNES (in Japan), and I think it was maybe the same version as the PSX one >>

It was probably just a port to the PSX and SEGA Saturn then. If it was SuperFamiCom originally, the release of Tactics Ogre on GameBoy Advanced will no doubt be another port.

piku

Diamond Member
May 30, 2000
Yeah, the GBA version is just a port. Damn... 4 versions of one game :D

May 31, 2001
I can point to many more. Samurai ShoDown. Neo-Geo MVS arcade cartridge (U.S. and Japanese), Neo-Geo AES home cartridge (U.S. and Japanese), SNES, SuperFamiCom, Genesis, MegaDrive, Neo-Geo CD, Japanese PSX (In a collection, I believe). There are many out there like that.