Geez, Romney went down easier than the French in 1940
Romney went down faster than Saddam.
Romney put up as much fight as the British did in Singapore in 1941

10972850.jpg

Last edited:

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
I think it'll be interesting to re-assess the map and what we consider red, blue, and purple states next cycle. CO may be this cycle's NM, and off the table next cycle. VA may be moving in that direction with demographic changes. NH may not be the independent state it once was. Same for IA

Are we a center-left country?

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
I think it'll be interesting to re-assess the map and what we consider red, blue, and purple states next cycle. CO may be this cycle's NM, and off the table next cycle. VA may be moving in that direction with demographic changes. NH may not be the independent state it once was. Same for IA

Are we a center-left country?

Perhaps it would be more appropriate to ask are we a center-reality country?

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
Perhaps it would be more appropriate to ask are we a center-reality country?

Well I guess my point is I think Republicans may need to nominate people to the left of them to get elected nationally, whereas it used to be the opposite (a Democrat would have to be conservative to get elected nationally). Like would Reagan have beat Obama in this electorate? I'm not convinced.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
From a fiscal conservative perspective, Romney was a bad candidate. From a trustability perspective, Romney was a horrible candidate. Factoring those two things in, when I look at those numbers, it tells me that half of the country is center to Left, the other have of the country is center to Right.

What else were we supposed to get from that?

sigurros81

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2010
Looking at the numbers, were these even battleground states? With the exception of N Carolina and Fl of course.

1lobo1

Jun 20, 2012
Well, we have for the first time more people in cities than in rural areas... Demographics are destiny...

Status
Not open for further replies.