File Backup Software

ronbo613

Golden Member
Jan 9, 2010
I'm looking for a free or inexpensive file backup program. I need to backup files, mostly photo and video files, to other internal hard drives and external hard drives in USB and eSATA HD enclosures. I could copy and paste them but it takes forever.
Any ideas?

ronbo613

Golden Member
Jan 9, 2010
it is great for making drive images though in any case.
I use the Windows 7 Windows Backup program to image my boot drive, I'm interested mostly in file and folder backup so I will check out SyncBack.
I got Nova Backup from NovaStor as a bonus for buying an EVGA video card, but have seen mixed reviews on the software. I've also looked at BackupMaker, Easeus TodoBackup, FreeFileSync and OopsBackup.
Trying to decide which way to go...

ronbo613

Golden Member
Jan 9, 2010
I think I'm going to try SyncBack. I'll try the freeware first, if I like it, I'll spring for the SE version.

ronbo613

Golden Member
Jan 9, 2010
Well, I installed SyncBack; it does exactly what I want and is easy to use. It works for backing up to other drives in the same computer, over a network and to drives in external enclosures. Free, too. Can't beat that.
Thanks for all the suggestions.

nk215

Dec 4, 2008
I use Cobian backup (free). It has Incremental & differential backups which are only available in the pro version of SyncBack. It also do shadow copy so it can backup files when they are still opened.