Fighting a parking ticket received at a place I've never been to

yhelothar

Lifer
Dec 11, 2002
So I got this random courtesy parking violation notice in the mail at this location I've never been to. It also says the violation is for "Parking of vehicle for sale," which obviously isn't me either since I have never done that, nor did I ever even plan to sell my car.

I already contested the ticket saying stating just that, and I requested for proof that it was indeed my car that was there, and for sale. They just returned a letter saying "The reason given does not invalidate the citation". Uh do they just have a generic response for everyone? :mad:

I'm going to go on with the administrative hearing by written declaration.
I'm not sure what else to say since No my car wasn't there, and especially not there for sale wasn't an acceptable answer.

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
check the plate vs VIN number... one is probably wrong

chances are someone fat-fingered one or the other.

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
Boy, that sucks, if you don't pay it they will issue a warrant for you. And if you want to properly fight it, I do believe you have to pay part of it (sometimes) and then fight it at their muni-court.

how much is it

yhelothar

Lifer
Dec 11, 2002
lolol yeah it's not even my VIN. I should've checked that since I was totally expecting it to be a fatfinger operation.

Man I'm gonna fucking rant them out so hardcore those fucking inept dipshits.

I mean it's one thing they fatfingered it or the teller accidently made a typo, but completely disregarding my contest just fucking makes my blood boil.

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
lolol yeah it's not even my VIN. I should've checked that since I was totally expecting it to be a fatfinger operation.

unfortunately, not uncommon, especially when it comes to unknown tickets.

completely disregarding my contest just fucking makes my blood boil.

they probably hear "it wasnt me... i swear" a million times a day.
the only thing that ever works is "wrong VIN, fucktard!"

oogabooga

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2003

Interesting - good to know.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
I remember them issuing me a parking ticket for a no parking 8am-6pm zone and the time on the ticket said 6:10pm.

yhelothar

Lifer
Dec 11, 2002

They usually do have pictures as proof of the vehicle upon writing the citation. If you write a contest, they're supposed to prove why you're guilty. That's how trial by written declaration works. Saying the reason given does not invalidate the citation, when it clearly does, is just a fucking pile of old fertilizer.

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
They usually do have pictures as proof of the vehicle upon writing the citation.

i've never seen, or heard, of a cop or traffic-cop taking a picture of the vehicle before they ticket it.

this might be local to your neighborhood only.

Pacfanweb

Lifer
Jan 2, 2000

Man I'm gonna fucking rant them out so hardcore those fucking inept dipshits.

I mean it's one thing they fatfingered it or the teller accidently made a typo, but completely disregarding my contest just fucking makes my blood boil.

I'm sure blowing someone out at city hall will help your case.

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
I once got a ticket for going 110 mph in a 25 mph school zone while I was serving time in Sing Sing.

It's true.

1sikbITCH

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001
Maybe it was a vehicle you previously sold to someone else. If they never bothered to get the title switched over, it'd possibly come back to you.