FIFA investigating claims about North Korea's treatment of football players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
I don't know about you but I knew this was going to happen. Why would anybody expect otherwise? I'm surprised countries like NK are even allowed to participate, KNOWING they are going to torture their players for losing.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
If this is true they will not be allowed to participate in future WC championships. Why would NK risk that just to make those guys do some labor? It doesn't make sense, even in their crazy despotic world.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
They have an effective gulag system there. Would not surprise me one bit. granted the investigation will find nothing.

Narmer

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2006
If this is true they will not be allowed to participate in future WC championships. Why would NK risk that just to make those guys do some labor? It doesn't make sense, even in their crazy despotic world.

Do you think the leadership is intelligent or forward-thinking? I don't. To me, they are a bunch of insolent man-children.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Seriously, if I were a North Korean, I'd try to get on the team just so I could make a run for it come world-cup time.

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
Seriously, if I were a North Korean, I'd try to get on the team just so I could make a run for it come world-cup time.

Well, I am sure they do not let their family travel with them. So, that would likely be asking for your entire family to be sentenced to hard labor or simply slaughtered. Not to mention, they can get you back (they have a history of abducting people in other countries and brining them back to NK)...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Korean_abductions_of_Japanese
The abductions of Japanese citizens from Japan by agents of the North Korean government happened during a period of six years from 1977 to 1983.[1]

Although only 17 Japanese (eight men and nine women) are officially recognized by the Japanese government as having been abducted,[2] there may have been as many as 70 to 80.[3] The North Korean government has officially admitted abducting 13 Japanese citizens.[4]

There are testimonies that many non-Japanese citizens, including nine European citizens,[5] have been abducted by North Korea.

Status
Not open for further replies.