FIFA 08/NHL 08/ NBA 08: any good?

Via

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2009
A store I go into sometimes got a big shipment of these three games a while back; I would say over 10 of each.

They had them at $6.99 a piece so I kind of held off since I have about a million unopened games anyway.

But I just went in today and they're down to a copy or two of each.

Has anyone here played these games? Are they worth buying?

I don't own any recent PC sports games, but fun sports game doesn't sound too bad as a diversion right now.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Sure they are ok games but don't expect to be able to play them online as any support for them was cut off.

Via

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2009
I was thinking more single player.

Ah, screw it. Maybe I'll just pick them up used for console some time.

Every time I buy a PC sports game it just gathers dust anyway.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I wouldn't get NHL. That series got rather boring until 09, and even then I don't think the PC version was revamped the same way the consoles were.

Chapbass

Diamond Member
May 31, 2004
Fifa is great, get it.

WAIT, saw that i was in the pc forums not in console. Pass on fifa. No idea who the hell is designing the fifa games for pc, but theyre terrible.

However, if you have a console...pick up fifa.

Last edited:

manutdc

Apr 20, 2008
Fifa is great, get it.

WAIT, saw that i was in the pc forums not in console. Pass on fifa. No idea who the hell is designing the fifa games for pc, but theyre terrible.

However, if you have a console...pick up fifa.

Agree - once they start using next-gen on PC for FIFA I'll probably switch back to them. They're still using the old PS2 engine for the PC version and it's terrible.