FF XV better on PC?

maniacalpha1-1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
I noticed that the PS4 Royal version is $25 and I was thinking of getting it because I've been enjoying a replay of FFXII on PS4 remaster, and kind of wondering if I'd like a more modern FF, but based on the gameplay videos I kind of think FFXV on PC might be better, at least for me. any thoughts?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I can't really compare the two versions, but I can say that it runs and plays very well on PC, and if you have a beefy system that can push the eye candy, it will look way better than what you get on PS4. Compared to the PS2 and PS3 ports of FF games, this is an actual game that plays like it was made for PC. I recently played through the various FFXIII ports (First time I ever played them), and those are consistently buggy messes; though they more or less work after a few tweaks (turn off cloud saves; force large address aware); but they are also fixed to peasant resolutions with essentially no graphic adjustments available. And considering that those ports are still roughly $20 from Steam, you can get all of FF XV for about $20 or less on sale (as I did about a month ago); so it's a much better deal, really.

And it's a pretty good game. I haven't played it in a few weeks (sidetracked with the new AC), but I am enjoying things once they get rolling.

maniacalpha1-1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
Thanks - I have an 8700k and 1080, that ought to do it. I really don't like playing anything but standard console RPGs with gamepad, and if I got it on PS4 gamepad would be the only option. Are there any shooter-like movements or more like PC-action game movements in it than previous FF games? That'd be the key -

Midwayman

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
Well you can always play it with a gamepad on PC if that ends up working better. I do that for a lot of action RPGs that get ported. Still the framerate/resolution, etc will always be better on PC.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Thanks - I have an 8700k and 1080, that ought to do it. I really don't like playing anything but standard console RPGs with gamepad, and if I got it on PS4 gamepad would be the only option. Are there any shooter-like movements or more like PC-action game movements in it than previous FF games? That'd be the key -

It is more action-based than previous FF games, and I do play it with a gamepad because it was basically designed for that.