FF v68.0.1 Crashes Tabs like Crazy !

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
There is nothing wrong with FF 68.0.1. Mine works fine watching Youtube videos. I have 12 Youtube tabs opens and no crashing.

Z15CAM

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2010
www.flickr.com
Mine does - - I try reinstalling ! it as see what happens !

Possible a Chrome CSS mod I'm using that is not compatible with this version of FF ?

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2009
When this first got posted I wasn't experiencing the problem. But now I've noticed that when I bring up Amazon in FF under Win7Pro, all running 64-bit, latest versions, etc., I can consistently get the video driver to crash. Very reproducible problem. There is either some component trying to load on their website, or some feature that the graphics hardware can't handle under FF+Win7Pro. Problem doesn't exist using Chrome, or even FF in Linux.

deustroop

Golden Member
Dec 12, 2010
What does the crash look like ? Errors ? Time out messages ? Did you refresh the video driver ?

Nov 20, 2009
It the up to date Nvidia driver. I get a yellow pop-up message down on the taskbar stating the video driver failed. When it happens, the animated components of the web page disappear. The last time this happened I simply reloaded the page and it crashed again. Reloaded a again and crash a third time. I just figured it was probably come graphic component used in some web designs as it only happens to me on Amazon and only when using FF in Windows 7.

deustroop

Golden Member
Dec 12, 2010
I had that problem a few years ago, only happened on this site, but not always on this site, while viewing it on FF. IE did not time out. (You may investigate further through Event Viewer). The problem here was a time out event between the graphics driver and the browser. The issue went away as I recall after an updated FF which dealt with a "timing issue for graphics drivers". You could report the problem to FF , however being a 7 issue , there may be no interest in fixing it, but you can always pray.
That's the cost of not upgrading to 10 I suppose but I'm sure you love your 7 like a family member.

Nov 20, 2009
10 is not in my household's future. I'm already 95% on Linux personally and I just need to train the wife to move to it. Since I was able to do this rather easily from 7 to OS X (now ridding the household of Apple), I should be able to achieve the same. I'll miss things like Photoshop/Lightroom, but I should be able to get the already owned MS Office up and running in WINE for the wife (I use LibreOffice).