Fetterman/Oz Debate Tonight

Page 18 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
Catch and release for illegals coming across the border is real. Your denial doesn't help.

First of all you did not answer my question at all.

But lets talk about catch and release..

Let me cliff note it for you..

"laws like Catch & Release"; in fact, the phrase refers to a "collection of policies, court precedents, executive actions and federal statutes spanning more than 20 years, cobbled together throughout Democratic and Republican administrations."

ohh and my denial???

I never said there was not an issue with the border and never blamed a political party was at fault for it. But i do see one party that is atleast attempting to do something postive while the other one just throws shit every where and blames the other party for no action.

And your denial... thinking that the 'pubs are your knight in shining armor.. but on a few topics they are at best tied with the dems..

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
what i would like to see is a bill that has only what they actually say is in it, and not things that have no relation to what the bill is about in it. no hidden pet projects, no hidden agendas. I do go to Congress's website and look at the bills that are voted on, see who votes for and against them, i then research and find out the why behind the votes, read the actual bills. Want money to go to the school lunch program, then why put in that bill millions to go to a butterfly habitat in washington state? that has nothing to do with school lunch programs, but people will vote against the bill for that reason then get called out for being against feeding kids. both sides do it to make the other look bad because they know members in the other party will vote know. yeah yeah, bothsideism. but its true they all do it
The butterfly habitat is the political grease that got the school lunches for kids. It's called reaching a political compromise and it is a very good idea for a functioning republic. One of Newt Gingrich's worst ideas was to destroy earkmarks and recast compromise as surrender.

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
I don’t think he did very well in the debate and I also questioned why he did it. It’s impossible to know if the debate helped him or hurt him. The idea that you can’t question a suspect decision out of party loyalty is pretty dumb.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
I don’t think he did very well in the debate and I also questioned why he did it. It’s impossible to know if the debate helped him or hurt him. The idea that you can’t question a suspect decision out of party loyalty is pretty dumb.
Exactly. Also over the moon that he won, both for my state and my country.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006

- TBF most of the early pages in this topic are folks lamenting his debate performance, calling out that his stroke def slowed him down, and that the debate was a net negative for him.

His campaign manager can throw some shade, and ultimately it's ballsier that Fetterman did the debate than not, but yes it wouldn't be easy going up against an Dr./Actor in a debate at 100% but after a stroke woof the differece is even more pronounced.

But hey all's well the ends well.

Reactions: rommelrommel

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
I missed it, but I heard Oz was a master debater.
/s AmIrite? Sure, Fetterman's stroke made for bad optics in the debate, but lost in all that was that Oz put in a C+ effort at best.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
I’m absolutely sure should the GOP lead the HoR and Senate they will absolutely crush the “invasion” at the border. In fact they‘ll miraculously fix it before even taking office on in January. @pcgeek11 will be able to justify his vote by pointing out how fast the problem went away after the election…..

Well so much for crime. Wonder how the border is doing.