ferrari f355 spider

extra

Golden Member
Dec 18, 1999
hmmm, so i'm driving around juneau alaska, going to pick up a fedex package that i had missed earlier. (yes i realize i never capatalize anything).
anyways, i'm driving around killing time, when i see this ferrari drive by. i don't know what he's doing driving around on these back roads, just cruising i guess, so i catch up to him and follow him around...turn my music off and roll down my windows, and boy, just the exhaust note on that car is enough to make me reach for a towel to clean up.
anyway, wow, what a sweet looking (and sounding) car. nfs4, i think you should pull out the specs for it and tell me all about it...;)

Windogg

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I still remember the morning when I saw a F-50. It was on I-95 (128)near Burlington, MA where a lot of dot-coms call home. Followed it until he lost me in rush hour traffic.

Windogg

lupin

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 1999
That's what you get from a Ferrari.

3.495L V8
375 hp @ 8250rpm. WOW! :Q Does that translate to 9000+ Redline? :Q
268 lb-ft @ 6000 rpm.
Curb weight: 2976

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I saw a red Viper GTS near Charlotte, NC and nearly drove right into it :)

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I was driving the company Ford Taurus wagon ('96 model) and was on the way down to Charlotte to pick up some compuers.

I got into the Charlotte city limits and I saw it in my rear view mirror. I yelled F*&K to myself as my heart raced ;) It was going rather slow so I slowed down too. It got up beside me and I was literally drooling :D I then almost lost control as I was craning my neck over the shiny red exterior and chrome wheels and exhaust.

Gaul

Nov 3, 1999
NFS4,

I see Vipers all the time here in Houston. Saw 3 yesterday; only one was a GTS though

Francodman

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 1999
pshaw! I was drivin in san francisco checking out sega's HQ, when I see this silver exotic car, I take a closer look and pissed my pants. A McLaren F1 baby.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< A McLaren F1 baby. >>

You nearly knocked me out of my seat ;) It costs a lot of $$$ to get those things certified here...you also have to take out the two outtrigger seats.

extra

Golden Member
Dec 18, 1999
&quot;A McLaren F1 baby.&quot;

WOW...one of what, a few in the nation? that's incredible...
as for me, i have a liking for lotus's, but i never see one.

Paul

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
DAMN, there's like maybe 3 McLaren's in the U.S. I have seen a Viper R/T and a Ferrari 355 around here. Dame sweet cars.

RSI

Diamond Member
May 22, 2000
I've seen countless Porsche's here (not surprising, probably), and dozens of Ferrari's - although usually they were older models.. a few times I saw the classic Testarossa, and other times I see some other Ferrari's I forget the model names, but they were older...

Now if I could see a 360 Modena.. damn :D

I've never seen a Mclaren F1 tho..

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
There's a guy with a 355 Berlinetta who goes to my school. I've seen 2 vipers drag it out here in New Orleans too. I think I fainted! :D

arcain

Oct 9, 1999
One of the highlights of living in West Los Angeles, is the abundance of expensive cars. Last week I saw Ferrari's on the road 4 days straight. 355s, 360s, are 550s fairly common. The older ones aren't as common. Vipers don't seem as common as Ferraris either. Have only seen 2 Diablo's. Have also seen a few Brabus Mercedes too. Wow.
And there is also a Ferrari dealership, down the street on Whilshire. Only in West LA can there exist a dealership that only sells Ferraris. Further down the street is a dealership specializing in exotic cars, and through the window you can see a row of 4 or 5 yellow Ferrari's of various models and years.