Ferrari F2002 Unveiled! AMD Ferrari:)

GL

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Ferrari has released their 2002 F1 contender and it looks to be a winner!. I can't say I like the new livery. It looks like a cigarette pack with a big vodafone logo squeezed on! Anyway, here are the comparisons to last year's F2001. Look at the difference in the back of the car. It appears that revolutionary engine really has saved space and let Ferrari improve the rear of the car's aerodynamics. What Ferrari seems to have not shown to the public yet is the new front nose cone. Apparently that's radically different too.

Comparison from above (F2002 on top, F2001 on bottom for all pictures)
Comparison from the side
Comparison from front/side angle

SuperGroove

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999

<< Ferrari has released their 2002 F1 contender and it looks to be a winner!. I can't say I like the new livery. It looks like a cigarette pack with a big vodafone logo squeezed on! Anyway, here are the comparisons to last year's F2001. Look at the difference in the back of the car. It appears that revolutionary engine really has saved space and let Ferrari improve the rear of the car's aerodynamics. What Ferrari seems to have not shown to the public yet is the new front nose cone. Apparently that's radically different too.

Comparison from above (F2002 on top, F2001 on bottom for all pictures)
Comparison from the side
Comparison from front/side angle
>>

So much for Jaguar ever becoming competitive for a while. Same goes for BAR:)

Tell me more about the 575M Maranello!

GL

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

<< And it will have the AMD logo too :) >>

You're right! Hahaha, somebody at AMD knows that the heck they're doing! This Ferrari's going to own...and yes I'm sad to say but the BARs and Jags will again be midpack fighters. The new Jordan looks pretty cool too - they may actually sneak up on BMW since the new Williams is pretty conservative.

updateAll the engineers at Ferrari will be using AMD Athlons it seems. It's part of the sponsorship deal. Tres cool.

bacillus

Lifer
Jan 6, 2001
I heard that the new 2002 car won't be used till after the third race this season because it hasn't yet been tested on the track!

nagger

Golden Member
Dec 26, 2001

How about we propose to overclock the new engine?

We can ask Thermaltake to produce a king size Vulcano 7 cooler...

;)

CocaCola5

Golden Member
Jan 5, 2001
Ferrari is the real leader of F1, McLaren was never that strong outside of their early1998 year(when Bridgestones tires were clearly superior to the Ferrari's Goodyears), while Ferrari have improved constantly.

GL

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

<< REPOST :p >>

Bah, none of them actually talk about the car or the sport. And the AMD livery isn't on a V12 lol! I didn't actually know about the AMD sponsorship until it was pointed out though. Pretty cool. I wonder if AMD also has sponsorship near the LCDs of the steering wheel?

CocaCola5, I have to agree with you. Ferrari have been on the podium every race since 1999. That's an incredible feet. I wouldn't count out McLaren completely though. We have to see how Kimi drives this year. Their car is good enough to mix it up with a potentially unreliable Ferrari. But I have a feeling MS is going to get #5 by the USGP next year. It'll be a little harder than last year's walk in the park.

I have a good feeling about this season. Ferrari has really improved but so have a lot of other teams it seems. The new Jordan and BAR may surprise. Apparently, just this past week, Honda got their engine running reliable enough to start upping the power. Villeneuve seems confident about the car - and his first impressions are usually dead on. He wrote off last year's BAR and we know how that fared! But he still got two podiums after being lucky. I wouldn't be surprised if JV pulls off his first victory since being with Williams. And speaking of Williams, I think we'll see some great battles from them even though their new car looks rather conservative.

I can't wait...less than a month 'till Melbourne!

CocaCola5

Golden Member
Jan 5, 2001

<<

<< REPOST :p >>

Bah, none of them actually talk about the car or the sport. And the AMD livery isn't on a V12 lol! I didn't actually know about the AMD sponsorship until it was pointed out though. Pretty cool. I wonder if AMD also has sponsorship near the LCDs of the steering wheel?

CocaCola5, I have to agree with you. Ferrari have been on the podium every race since 1999. That's an incredible feet. I wouldn't count out McLaren completely though. We have to see how Kimi drives this year. Their car is good enough to mix it up with a potentially unreliable Ferrari. But I have a feeling MS is going to get #5 by the USGP next year. It'll be a little harder than last year's walk in the park.

I have a good feeling about this season. Ferrari has really improved but so have a lot of other teams it seems. The new Jordan and BAR may surprise. Apparently, just this past week, Honda got their engine running reliable enough to start upping the power. Villeneuve seems confident about the car - and his first impressions are usually dead on. He wrote off last year's BAR and we know how that fared! But he still got two podiums after being lucky. I wouldn't be surprised if JV pulls off his first victory since being with Williams. And speaking of Williams, I think we'll see some great battles from them even though their new car looks rather conservative.

I can't wait...less than a month 'till Melbourne!
>>

It will be a interesting year, but yes it looks like Ferrari will take both championship. You alluded to their potential unreliability but I can't imagine them losing it big in any way just because they're the type of team that got the budget to "test" their way out of any problems(their 1999 car was a brick yet they managed to make it fast by testing the car til the wheels fell off). BMW with Ralf and Montoya driving could potentially equal Ferrari's pace so it will be exciting. The team I am most excited though is Renault as they seem to have the "new" engine out there and also because Jarno Trulli is a thoroughly nice guy for a F1 driver.