Fermi/GF100/GF104 clarification...more delays?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

akugami

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2005
Was that supposed to in some way justify Charlie?
"He guesses and some times guesses right, so it's all good"?
Come one...

I don't need to justify what Charlie does. Just that you are wrong in what you say. If all he did was guess without at least some information, even if sketchy, to base his guesses on then he would be right maybe once in a lifetime. He's been right often enough or gotten at least some information right that one has to acknowledge his guesswork is based on information his sources give him. Something I know you will continue to fail to acknowledge but which everyone but the biased will acknowledge.

When he is wrong more than he is right, when all his ramblings are based on guesswork I don't see that a plus.

And the forum disproves your claim...charlie ramblings do get posted here, by fanboys as facts.
It's a negative.

And no one except you is saying Charlie posts the truth. Every time something by Charlie gets posted it is eyed sceptically in the post by both those who have ATI cards as well as nVidia cards. Anyone who knows how to use the search function can confirm what I say and show that you are wrong on this count. The forum does not support what you claim it does. Everyone but you (and those with obvious agendas) acknowledges he's in the rumor business and at least half, if not the majority, of what he posts will turn out completely inaccurate and the ones that do have a nugget of truth may not turn out the way he predicted. But that doesn't change the fact the fact that the AT forums does not in fact view anything Charlie or Fuad says as truth. You are 100% wrong on that count.

I also don't need to justify what Charlie says because frankly, I don't really care that much. The only times I go to his site, or Fuad's, is because a member links to an article from there. Do I find some of what he posts interesting? Yes. Do I think any of it is the truth? No. Not until it has corroborating information from other more reputable sites and I guarantee that most on these forums feel that way.

I don't think you will change your mind because of your obvious agenda against Charlie. You've turned this thread from a discussion about the latest information (from a pretty reputable source) of nVidia not being able to release Fermi until March into one about the merits and demerits of Charlie. Congratulations on the thread derail. You've done your job well.

Don't bother replying because I've said what I wanted to say in this thread and will not reply. I won't change your mind and you won't change mine.

yh125d

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2006
Problem is he presents it like facts..and the fanboys gulp it up and spread it all over.
It guesswork...no knowlegde...BIG difference.

He fuels fanboys and pollutes ever debate about new hardware due to that fact.

Care to try another fallacy?
Jeg er ikke ham du prøver at insuniere jeg er, så drop dit pis og hold dig til emnet.

Are you just choosing to ignore parts of my post? Once again, I SAID "Reporting =/= speculation. Anand reports, charlie/others speculate. Keep a clear distinction there and all is resolved. I know charlie has a bad habit of trying to parade his speculations as reporting but it's up to the reader to make that distinction."

And that was no fallacy. You sound a lot like a wreckage drone

Disse er engelsk fora. bedes du respektere, at. You're the one who turned this into a thread about charlie, you're not really in a place to tell me to stay on topic

lifeblood

Oct 17, 2001
Problem is he presents it like facts..and the fanboys gulp it up and spread it all over.
It guesswork...no knowlegde...BIG difference.

Dude, really, most of us understand Charlie is taking (at best) hints and whispers and speculating on them. His musings are not fact and should be treated as highly questionable until proven otherwise. And to be honest, your just encouraging him with your behavior. If you truly dislike him then just ignore him.

Having said that, why did Nemesis 1's thread get locked? It does look rather suspicious although I suspect the true reason is far more mundane. Unfortunately now my morbid curiosity is peaked.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
This is excellent advice; follow it.

Fern
Super Moderator

Nemesis 1 and Lonbjerg:

PLEASE TAKE YOUR ARGUMENT EITHER TO PM OR SOMEWHERE ELSE.
WE DON'T NEED YOUR CRAP IN THIS THREAD, IT'S NOT RELEVANT TO THE THREAD, NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR ABOUT IT.

If there was a moderator around then they might have already told you both to give it a rest or take it to PM.
If you have managed to develop a personal beef, keep it personal, and don't crap all over this, or any other, thread with your unnecessary argument about irrelevant things.

For the good of the rest of this forum, please take a break from at least this thread, if not the entire board, at least for a little while. It's gone on long enough.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Because the Mods were kind enough to reopen this topic for viiewing I will handle it in the best way I can . I believe its post 13 I forgot to look . But there it is . Its locked but its viewable . Clearly I called It befor any one else. Did or any others Later I revised this to 4 or five tapouts.If you read the whole thing I missed up on Larrabee bigtime but we don't know the story there yet with all thats going on . I hope we can lay this to rest now . Again thank you mods I am very pleased.

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=290742&highlight=300

Last edited:

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Well, interesting banter from both sides.

But, I'm still a tad confused.......

Has it been established that Lonbjerk is Wreckage or is simply a poor facsimile?

EightySix Four

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2004
Because the Mods were kind enough to reopen this topic for viiewing I will handle it in the best way I can . I believe its post 13 I forgot to look . But there it is . Its locked but its viewable . Clearly I called It befor any one else. Did or any others Later I revised this to 4 or five tapouts.If you read the whole thing I missed up on Larrabee bigtime but we don't know the story there yet with all thats going on . I hope we can lay this to rest now . Again thank you mods I am very pleased.

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=290742&highlight=300

Is english your first language?

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009

Has it been established that Lonbjerk is Wreckage or is simply a poor facsimile?

That is Lønbjerg and a simple IP check would confirm that I a) am from Denmark and b) not "wreckage", if any mod would confirm this i would be fine by me.

(My email is also locked to the company I work for)

Now can we stop that fallacy?

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003
you keep using that word...

The term fallacy is usually employed when an opposing opinion doesn't "mesh" with one's own. Might as well use the term "troll".
Seriously, a lot of folks seem to feel pretty big in the britches for an internet forum. They'll use fancy words to seem more intelligent than they are, and to try to intimidate the opposing opinion into thinking they aren't as smart as the fancy word guy.
Then, ego's come into play. That is a whole different level of chemicals. A single debate would never end if ego's weren't called into check.

Hmmm.. What else? I dunno. My ego ran out of chemicals. :)

OT: I hope we are able to gleen some more information on Fermi/GF100 from CES 2010. I don't know if anything will come of it, but I'm hoping.

Last edited:

lifeblood

Oct 17, 2001

It appears that both you and Charlie were right.

Having said that, I'm not sure if that's a compliment or an insult, being compared to Charlie. All the comments about charlie being right sometimes now apply to you.

Here's my prediction, when Fermi does come out it's going to perform awesomely, use a lot of power, generate a lot of heat, and cost a lot of money. I think it will provide some interesting growth in the HPC market, as well as Folding at Home type stuff. You can quote me on this later (if you really want to bother).

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
It appears that both you and Charlie were right.

Having said that, I'm not sure if that's a compliment or an insult, being compared to Charlie. All the comments about charlie being right sometimes now apply to you.

Here's my prediction, when Fermi does come out it's going to perform awesomely, use a lot of power, generate a lot of heat, and cost a lot of money. I think it will provide some interesting growth in the HPC market, as well as Folding at Home type stuff. You can quote me on this later (if you really want to bother).

There is nothing to be gained about being right or wrong on speculation, its nothing more than deduction and you gain nothing from it . Its in a debate envirorment were you can excell only . But you only win a cookie.

Last edited:

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006

I doubt he is wreckage , He has pretty goood knowledge other than NV PR . SO no its not wreckage

at80eighty

Jun 28, 2004
OT: I hope we are able to gleen some more information on Fermi/GF100 from CES 2010. I don't know if anything will come of it, but I'm hoping.

I reported you to the mods for going back on topic

dont hate me dude - you brought this upon yourself

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Ya that was funny of me. Stay on topic , But Man I never know were that next 1 point is going to come from . Could it be from a word like necromancy yes it can , But not from me. You have to research . I have never talked to the dead other than the night my mom died I awoke from a dream were she and I talked. Thats it . Other than that No dead people talking to me. EVER

Spike99

Jan 12, 2000
OK, so is it worth waiting for Fermi ?

Always been a fan of NVIDIA but not sure if I want to wait till March. I'm planning on buying Radeon 5870 (single GPU, I want to stay away from SLI). I figure, that the game play won't make much of a difference between ATI & NVIDIA.

Also, can someone confirm that CES won't bring a single GPU faster than ATI 5870 ?

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
This FTC thing is going to hurt so many . The latest weapon being used by unknown super power LOL is Richtec. Of course intel already licensed this tech along time ago .

But AMD hasn't now they are being sued , NV wasn't named so I assume they also did as intel did . But thats yet to be seen . Someone is flexing their Muscle .

lifeblood

Oct 17, 2001

Always been a fan of NVIDIA but not sure if I want to wait till March. I'm planning on buying Radeon 5870 (single GPU, I want to stay away from SLI). I figure, that the game play won't make much of a difference between ATI & NVIDIA.

It's worth waiting as the prices on ATI cards will probably drop back down again once they have competition (assuming Fermi is good).

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006

Also, can someone confirm that CES won't bring a single GPU faster than ATI 5870 ?

You are not going to see fermi on the shelves in March.

What Nividia is tring to do here is a hugh undertaking Intel couldn't do it in 3 stepping . Fermi is very advanced tech . Its got a tuffroad to follow. lots of bumps that requirer driver to back off the acceleratory

Last edited:

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
It's worth waiting as the prices on ATI cards will probably drop back down again once they have competition (assuming Fermi is good).

This is just so wrong in so many ways . Did ya give that advice on NV overpriced products? What shouldn't AMD/ATI profit from their advanced tech .