Female Fox news pundit states young women shouldn't vote

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
I think this article makes a point. There have been studies that seem to indicate that Young Men and probably young women also don't start to fully develop their logical reasoning capabilities till they are at least 25 years old. They just have not lived long enough to experience what it mean to be an adult. I think we expect young people to grow up too fast. The world is a harsh and cruel place that you will not fully understand until you are done with formal schooling and try to face it on your own. High School kids are not well equipped to make adult decisions. Maybe the voting age should be about 30. That way they would have had a few years to work on their own and see what the world is really like.

Then why don't we have a voting cut off age be 65 or 70? As well as a max age to hold public office. After all those people likely won't be alive when the effects of their bad decisions occur.

Feb 16, 2005
If you're old enough to fight and die for your country, you're sure as shit old enough to have a say in who the elected leaders are.

And I sincerely doubt we will ever be on the verge of extinction due to same sex marriage. However, great job in slipping that in :rolleyes:

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Maybe the better question is who will make the money to pay your parents and grand parent's SS? The answer is always the next generation. The purpose of family should be to produce a healthy and thriving next generation and Same Sex Marriage does not do that. It still takes sperm to procreate a new human life.

And you go full retard.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Of course the masses do. The masses always do. Everyone knows that's how things would go if there were 100% voter turnout. That's why they have elaborate gerrymandering, voter ID laws and all sorts of other efforts to make sure only the right ones vote.

Correct. That's why Conservatives oppose vote by mail, as well- makes it too easy to vote for their liking. If they make it hard enough & difficult enough, only zealots will vote, a category in which they lead by a large margin.

Their whole voter fraud schtick is just a different kind of fraud, one where they can claim that a small % of the electorate represents the Will of the People.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Correct. That's why Conservatives oppose vote by mail, as well- makes it too easy to vote for their liking. If they make it hard enough & difficult enough, only zealots will vote, a category in which they lead by a large margin.

Their whole voter fraud schtick is just a different kind of fraud, one where they can claim that a small % of the electorate represents the Will of the People.

100% voter turnout would be the equivalent of 2 wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. The prols would tax the hell out of the wealthy and attempt to redistribute the wealth.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
100% voter turnout would be the equivalent of 2 wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. The prols would tax the hell out of the wealthy and attempt to redistribute the wealth.

Crack is a hell of a drug.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
And a lot of them will be voting, I'm sure.

You've got a point there that, within the context you're coming from I tend to agree with.

However, you're referring to the ones that won't vote, while I'm referring to the ones who do. ;)

There's also those young ladies that may not vote now, but will remember what that FOX talking head said about them and will vote accordingly when they do get the notion.

Point being, that idiot dame on FOX who was clearly pandering to the "mature grown-up" fundie base of the Repub Party obviously didn't see past her own short-sighted "maturity". And if she had any of the "maturity" she accuses the young women of the nation of being without, she'd had never uttered that idiotic brain fart in the first place, don't ya think?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
If you're old enough to fight and die for your country, you're sure as shit old enough to have a say in who the elected leaders are.

Damn straight. I may despise the choice of the majority, but they have every right to self determination.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
I wonder what her young female peers in law or the women in service to our country think of her opinion.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Do I need to quote Warren Buffet?

There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning.

That's been true ever since America was chumped by Reagan & trickle down economics. Other first world Rich seem to be doing just fine paying much, much higher taxes.

Wealth & income redistribution are a necessity if Democracy is to thrive & America to prosper. We knew that in the 30's & in the decades following, acted accordingly. It's economic self defense for the middle class.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003

That's been true ever since America was chumped by Reagan & trickle down economics. Other first world Rich seem to be doing just fine paying much, much higher taxes.

Wealth & income redistribution are a necessity if Democracy is to thrive & America to prosper. We knew that in the 30's & in the decades following, acted accordingly. It's economic self defense for the middle class.

Actual effective tax rates on the world's top .1% are very similar, from America, to China, to France.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Actual effective tax rates on the world's top .1% are very similar, from America, to China, to France.

Out of curiosity, would you know what happens to the total tax outlay from the 1%'ers of each nation after loopholes, "incentives" and legal dodges that our legislators blessed our 1% with are factored in?

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Out of curiosity, would you know what happens to the total tax outlay from the 1%'ers of each nation after loopholes, "incentives" and legal dodges that our legislators blessed our 1% with are factored in?

It runs the NSA for about 4 months.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003

I think Buffet's views on women and the economy offer interesting contrast to this recent Fox/Republican sentiment on women. Hitchens had a lot of good thoughts on this too.

Bill O'reilly was playing the same tune a couple days ago wasn't he? This isn't limited to what one talking head said. Interesting that some see females and their empowerment as an economic pillar of the country, while others see them as simpletons that are a detriment to America and would prefer them to just leave all that hard thinking stuff to men.

The level of uproar I've personally heard about this topic in the last 24hrs makes me think the GOP may have just shot itself in the foot again. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of misogynistic fools.

Keep up the good work Fox!

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
Damn straight. I may despise the choice of the majority, but they have every right to self determination.

Is it really "self"-determination when you're determining to take from one group and give to another via government?

Oldgamer

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
I have to laugh at this woman. She is a true ditz! My daughters and her friends vote pretty regularly every election even the mid terms and at local elections. She is 26 years old now and single. She and her friends are all college educated. But I think it depends on where you live your environment, whether you are poor, middle class or well off. And if you have been educated early on about the importance on voting.

For this woman to belittle younger women who obviously are in her age bracket and say they are busy with online dating and tinder box, and they shouldn't bother voting is showing that she clearly is a misogynist at heart.

Yes there are women misogynist. But I kinda laughed at the big fat dude sitting next to her squirming a bit when she said those things. He was trying to get her to back track a bit on those comments. But it looks like what she said really backfired on her and that particular show.

CountZero

Golden Member
Jul 10, 2001
Kind of a non-issue.

Essentially a conservative mouth piece said that only those that are conservative should vote and then using some twisted logic used that to say that means young women shouldn't vote.

Why young women and not men I don't know.

gotsmack

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2001
Joke is on you. Young people as a demographic don't really vote anyway.

I'm in my 30's and I don't vote or do jury duty (I weasel out of it when I get the notice). So I guess it evens out. On a side note I think they should exclusively do the selections for jury duty from the voting pool not DMV records.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Joke is on you. Young people as a demographic don't really vote anyway.

I'm in my 30's and I don't vote or do jury duty (I weasel out of it when I get the notice). So I guess it evens out. On a side note I think they should exclusively do the selections for jury duty from the voting pool not DMV records.

So you get the automatic pre-emptive weasel, right?