Fellow members, please help my pet win the cutest contest.

Day Trader

Jan 3, 2000
Below the "VOTE" Key, there is a button that lets you view other contestants. (warning! there are a whole bunch to choose from) This whole contest is rigged. There are some butt-ugly pets who are getting more votes because of their cheating owners.

What better way to even the score with the power of anandtech members?

I thank everyone who votes for my dog. :)

Yo Ma Ma

Lifer
Jan 21, 2000
There are over 12,000 pets in that contest, I think "cheating" (aka requesting votes) is the only way to go. Who's going to browse 12K of pics?

Day Trader

Jan 3, 2000
Thanks for voting. You guys/gals are the greatest! I tip my hat to all of you who are voting for Gophee or even checking him out. I say he is cute. Dirty & needs a bath all the time, but cute.

drboogie

Banned
Jun 9, 2000
<Thanks for voting. You guys/gals are the greatest! I tip my hat to all of you.>

Are you just tipping your hat to Yo_Ma-Ma? That is, if Yo_Ma-Ma has even voted yet ... It's gonna take me at least a couple of days to go through all these choices and cast my vote.

Crysla

Banned
Jan 26, 2000
ROFLMFAO @ boogie.:)

Sorry DayTrader...twas funny....especially because I think he means it.:D

Princess;)

Yo Ma Ma

Lifer
Jan 21, 2000
I did vote for his doggie! It was cute, and I don't want to look at all those others.

After you vote, you'll get a $5.00 coupon, too. This might qualify as a HOT DEAL even :)

KaBudokan

Oct 10, 1999
Day Trader you got my vote. And no, I am not going to look at the other 12k contestants... lmao

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
i got an error message...

We recently experienced technical difficulties with the Contest. The following problems occurred for some of our participants:
Certain homepages were not posted after submission
Certain homepages did not reflect the number of votes that have been received by these homepages
Certain votes were not accepted and/or tabulated from certain users.
In order to address the impact of these problems on Contest voting, please note that all votes received by any participant from 12:01 a.m. Sunday PDT, June 25, 2000 until 11:50 pm Saturday July 1, 2000 PDT (&quot;Suspension Period&quot;) will be discounted. The weekly Contests will continue commencing July 2, 2000. The tabulation of cumulative voting for the Grand Prize will not include any votes received during the Suspension Period.

Yo Ma Ma

Lifer
Jan 21, 2000
Gophee is up to 3rd place now (with 15 votes):) But there's a large spread, 1st place has 96 and 2nd has 52.

Mday, I don't think that's an error, that's the regular text for the browse contestant page.

Day Trader

Jan 3, 2000
Thanks to all who voted. We have 26 votes but some cheater entered his dog today &amp; already got 106 votes. The bad part is that the dog isn't even cute.

I am not planning to win anything in this contest. It is just that my friend &amp; I are having a bet on whose dog gets the most votes. He thinks any form of poodles are demon dogs. (I guess it's because their eyes are a different color when you use a flash)

So far Gophee is kicking butt! He is leading by 25 votes. I think my friend will cheat &amp; just delete the cookies in IE to vote again.

Day Trader

Jan 3, 2000
Mday, the message you are getting is ok. Petsmart had some problems with &quot;other&quot; pages that couldn't be displayed so these whiners complained and they were discounting votes until the problem is fixed.

I guess they are disclosing the fact so they can't be sued.

drboogie

Banned
Jun 9, 2000
Just an update for you Day Trader, I've looked through about 1/3 of the other contestants so far, but haven't made a decision yet. I'll keep you posted with updates, though.

Day Trader

Jan 3, 2000
I just checked the pages and some dog had 16K votes! Gophee doesn't stand a chance. Thanks for your time.