Fellow Christians it?s time to stop posting

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

VERTIGGO

Apr 29, 2005
Originally posted by: Infohawk
Originally posted by: VERTIGGO
hmm, the world is full of intricate detail and design, therefore it had to be designed by someone with infinite amounts of intelligence and order.
Computers are full of intricate detail and design. Yet they are made by man. Anyway, where is your proof that someone with infinite amounts of intelligence and order designed the universe?

Every individual must be guided by the Holy Spirit to understand the details of our origin, but even so, we will only know fully when we are reunited with Him.
Says who? How do you know this?

Yes! Computers had to be made by man. You never make the mistake of thinking that your complex desktop was randomly assembled by accidents (like genetic mutations) in a pool of electronics parts. In fact, it takes us insane amounts of labor and headaches just to get our computers to work, so logically a universe full of insane amounts of detail, order, and balance points directly to a super intelligent designer. I'm saying that logic directs us to look to [God], but I'm not trying to prove who He is.

Even so, when you look at a computer component, and it says "NVIDIA" and consists of NVIDIA chipsets, you could be quite sure that it was made by NVIDIA, not that it was self assembled in a pile of junk. This demands that we examine life on earth: incredible beauty and intelligence with tremendous capacity for love and good will, but horrendously marred by sin (we all know how easy it is for a virus to destroy an entire computer with very little manipulation). This reflects the heart of our endlessly loving Father in Heaven, the beauty that still remains in life is the "NVIDIA" label that He left there. We can only prove this through experiencing His loving relationship, and communicating with him until He gives us freedom from the sin or "virus" which so penetrates that we look less like perfect creations, and more like "broken computers".

It is faith that lets us gain that relationship with Him, and then He starts to reveal the obvious aspects of design in creation, and we doubt less and less that it was carefully planned.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
In case anyone was curious about the "compelling evidence" matter, it doesn't look like we'll get an answer from Rip. Via PM Rip explained to me that we all have internet connections so we should be able to do our own research.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
Originally posted by: VERTIGGO
[Yes! Computers had to be made by man. You never make the mistake of thinking that your complex desktop was randomly assembled by accidents (like genetic mutations) in a pool of electronics parts. In fact, it takes us insane amounts of labor and headaches just to get our computers to work, so logically a universe full of insane amounts of detail, order, and balance points directly to a super intelligent designer. I'm saying that logic directs us to look to [God], but I'm not trying to prove who He is.
The point is that there are complicated things that are not created by God. You agree with this. Hence, your argument that God must have created the universe because it's complicated fails.

It is faith that lets us gain that relationship with Him
How do you know? How do you know who He is?

Valkerie

Banned
May 28, 2005
STUPID STUPID AND STUPID

FREEDOM OF SPEECH

Christians can do whatever the hell they wanna do. If they feel like sharing, so be it.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
Originally posted by: Skyclad1uhm1
Originally posted by: sleepysentry
The Bible can't always be taken literally.

Yes it can, but you only want to if it suits you.

Bingo. A lot of so-called Christians take much of the Bible literally, but conveniently ignore or spin straightforward passages suggesting it is impossible for a rich man to get into heaven. Then you Jesus' kicking the money changer out of the temple is seen as an excuse for warmongering despite his overwhelming repitition of a message of peace.

May 10, 2001
Originally posted by: busmaster11
Originally posted by: LordMagnusKain
Romans CH1:
; 24Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between themselves: 29Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 30Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

This isn?t a reference to argument in an attempt to come to a common understanding or share truth, but rather argument for it?s own sake, arguing with your mind made up, dishonestly, and for the sake simply of upsetting those who disagree with you.

The actual context of the use, of course, has to be taken into account, but in putting this in context don't loose the power of the fact that this is something that we're doing.

This wouldn?t be a problem if we where simply trying to come to an understanding or share the truth, but we take part in the mindless partisan hacker just like everyone else.. and that?s simply not right.

It?s a sin, just like murder or gossip and we Christians shouldn?t be doing as much or encouraging others to.

Agreed, though we all fall into this trap on occasion, its trolls like Riprorin that really need to go away.

or atleast change there manner of post.

But isn't this the point? What is sin? And what does it mean to confess? I pointed to this when I said:

"Merely to mask a desire to sin by repressing its expression or expressing it, both are sin."
what your convicted of, ignoring conviction is something entirely different from not being convicted.

sin: what you know is wrong but you do, spiritual consequences
sin: what is wrong to do, know it or not, physical consequences

The poor soul that is tormented by the desire to sin is in need of self understanding and has hidden motivations he or she does not understand.
i find self understanding simple: evil lives in the skin, the flesh wants what's against the spirit so the spirit wars with the flesh.

M: Hope it's clearer now.
sure is nounverber.

This is why we find so many religious people who are deeply sick. They hate themselves because they are evil and keep acting out the evil because of the hate.
hate the sin, not the sinner.. this applies to yourself to, I agree, a very important lesson.

misterj

Jan 7, 2000

Bingo. A lot of so-called Christians take much of the Bible literally, but conveniently ignore or spin straightforward passages suggesting it is impossible for a rich man to get into heaven. Then you Jesus' kicking the money changer out of the temple is seen as an excuse for warmongering despite his overwhelming repitition of a message of peace.

those would be more misguided interpretations, just like the fundamentalists who take each word literally.

this is why there exists the authority of the Catholic church since day number one. you let people run a muck building their own churches and offering their own philosophies and interpretations, and the true meanings are lost.

you think you know, but is it possible you have no idea? if you are curious, look for the answer. ask, why? keep asking why until you find the answer, and i guarantee you, you will find the truth. the simplicity in logic can be uncanny.

May 10, 2001
Originally posted by: misterj

those would be more misguided interpretations, just like the fundamentalists who take each word literally.

this is why there exists the authority of the Catholic church since day number one. you let people run a muck building their own churches and offering their own philosophies and interpretations, and the true meanings are lost.

you think you know, but is it possible you have no idea? if you are curious, look for the answer. ask, why? keep asking why until you find the answer, and i guarantee you, you will find the truth. the simplicity in logic can be uncanny.
even the most fundi of Christians that I?ve met believe the bible to be 100% the word of God to man, given the historical and literary context.

so poetry and prophecy may well, and often does, use simile metaphor.

not to say some people aren?t just stupid or crazy, but i doubt that you'll find a respectable organization that says that only 144k people are going to heaven.

May 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Harvey
Fellow Christians it?s time to stop posting
But... but... but... you said you would... :roll:
come now, i thought that the pharisaical hypocrisy of the original post was quite clear :p

the actual points made there within where my point after the original paradoxical statement.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
Originally posted by: misterj

:roll:

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
come now, i thought that the pharisaical hypocrisy of the original post was quite clear :p
Oh! I see. Well, if you wanted to show yourself as a hypocrite, you've succeeded admirably. :p

CDC Mail Guy

Golden Member
May 2, 2005
I do not see this as arguing. I have recieved a lot of very good advise about computers here, and at other forum sites. Not everything in the Bible is to be taken literally.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Valkerie
STUPID STUPID AND STUPID

FREEDOM OF SPEECH

Christians can do whatever the hell they wanna do. If they feel like being annoying as stink on sh!t, so be it.
Fixed

Jediab

May 13, 2005
One doesnt have to have moderator status to attempt to get rid of Christians on this board. All that has to happen is have the repeated attacks that come from many people here, in this post and many others like it.

The repeated attacks and insults drive many people away. Why should they put up with the hate that they feel?

May 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Jediab
One doesnt have to have moderator status to attempt to get rid of Christians on this board. All that has to happen is have the repeated attacks that come from many people here, in this post and many others like it.

The repeated attacks and insults drive many people away. Why should they put up with the hate that they feel?

it's true, your doing a fine job boys.

May 10, 2001
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
Why are you still posting LMK?

This isn?t a reference to argument in an attempt to come to a common understanding or share truth, but rather argument for it?s own sake, arguing with your mind made up, dishonestly, and for the sake simply of upsetting those who disagree with you.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
Why are you still posting LMK?

That is not only unchristian but anti-human nature. We do that because we learned to hate ourselves and that hate has as a property the needs to make others feel as bad as we do. That's why we crucified Christ. The bastard was in Heaven, having forgiven himself. Out of love he wanted the same for all. Who's gonna let go of self hate? To do that you have to discover that everything that is deserving of contempt and hate in this world is you. I hate the Devil and now you want me to see that I'm the Devil. No thanks, think I'll kill you instead.

May 10, 2001
I hate the Devil and now you want me to see that I'm the Devil. No thanks, think I'll kill you instead.
as ?system of a down? and paul, by paraphrase, both say:
Don't you realize, That evil, lives in the mother*ing skin.