Feetzballer Kaepernick 'protests inequality' at preseason game

master_shake_

Diamond Member
May 22, 2012
lol.

moron gonna lets some "feels" ruin his career.

get over yourself.

also, fuck all those people who fought for your right to have an opinion, asshole.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
He's just trying to grab attention for making political remarks because he can't grab any attention for his skills on field any more.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
People fought for your freedom so don't you dare exercise it! <harrumph, harrumph, harrumph>

Great point, which "super patriots" tend to forget. That said, I get to exercise my right to a free opinion as well, which is, Kaepernick is a child not to be taken seriously.

This makes me think back to my initial reaction to the pic of that gymnast not putting her hand over her heart, which was a truly negative one. It felt disrespectful to me, when she was most likely overwhelmed by the moment and maybe had somehow never been sufficiently clued in to the proper (if informal) protocol.

She made a mistake. Kaepernick is just a baby posing as a man.

However, the highest and purest stance of a true defender of our freedoms is best summed up, "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it," apparently actually penned, not by Patrick Henry or Voltaire, but by Evelyn Beatrice Hall in 1906.

Reactions: MongGrel

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
lol.

moron gonna lets some "feels" ruin his career.

get over yourself.

also, fuck all those people who fought for your right to have an opinion, asshole.

His inability to read a defense is what's ruining his career. The sit-out is probably just a way for him to pretend he'd still relevant as he takes his place on the bench.

Screech

Golden Member
Oct 20, 2004
Ironic perhaps that many of the people criticizing him likely support a candidate who claims America isn't great anymore. But, whatever.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
a half black dude making 14 mil a year crying about how bad his race is opressed. yea makes sense.

He coulda done it about Tom Brady's balls but he did it over people dying.. up to him really.

Just like being a fucking moron is up to you and you do it often.

Reactions: gradoman

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
He coulda done it about Tom Brady's balls but he did it over people dying.. up to him really.

Just like being a fucking moron is up to you and you do it often.

you make as much sense as tits on a bull. just stop posting its sad

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
^^ And if Kaepernick starts winning games, the fan will run out and buy another one.

Last edited:

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
fuck that guy.

there is a time and place, and that was neither the time nor the place.

What would be the time and place, exactly? A press conference? At home?

The whole point of doing it then was to make a point, to draw attention to the cause. This may have also been a way of getting his name back in the media, but I doubt there would be significantly better venues.

I'm reminded of the people who gripe about protesters blocking streets, and suggesting they make their voices heard elsewhere. What that really says: "I don't want to hear your opinion. I don't want you to make me question my world view, and I definitely don't want you to disrupt the status quo." You don't produce change by being unintrusive.

master_shake_

Diamond Member
May 22, 2012
What would be the time and place, exactly? A press conference? At home?

The whole point of doing it then was to make a point, to draw attention to the cause. This may have also been a way of getting his name back in the media, but I doubt there would be significantly better venues.

I'm reminded of the people who gripe about protesters blocking streets, and suggesting they make their voices heard elsewhere. What that really says: "I don't want to hear your opinion. I don't want you to make me question my world view, and I definitely don't want you to disrupt the status quo." You don't produce change by being unintrusive.

Apples and oranges.

People on the street are not at work.

This guy is at work.

Reactions: relrobber