Feds to Bring Criminal Contempt Charges Against Arpaio

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Judge will issue another order, he'll disregard it again, will be charged with another contempt. Wash, rinse, repeat, until the jury gets it right.

Phynaz

Lifer
Mar 13, 2006
Judge will issue another order, he'll disregard it again, will be charged with another contempt. Wash, rinse, repeat, until the jury gets it right.

Ummm....WOW. I'm seriously glad you're not in any kind of position of power.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Of course, Arpaio is being charged BECAUSE HE IS ENFORCING THE LAW. But other than when we do the exact opposite of the laws, we live by laws.
That's for judge to decide, not for Arpaio to ignore, and if he continues to be in contempt, he should be continued to be charged with it.

Reactions: Aegeon

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Of course, Arpaio is being charged BECAUSE HE IS ENFORCING THE LAW. But other than when we do the exact opposite of the laws, we live by laws.

Arpaio doesn't have the authority to enforce immigration law. He acts as a vigilante usurping federal authority. He's been ordered to cease & desist by the proper authority & is therefore in contempt.

Has the king of the Birthers stepped up to tweet out defenses of the crown prince?

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Arpaio doesn't have the authority to enforce immigration law. He acts as a vigilante usurping federal authority. He's been ordered to cease & desist by the proper authority & is therefore in contempt.

Has the king of the Birthers stepped up to tweet out defenses of the crown prince?
I agree with your first point; Arpaio does not have the authority to enforce federal immigration law. But when the federal government does the exact opposite of the law, we are no longer living by laws, we are living by the whims of those at the top. That was my point, that when the people who are charged with enforcing laws do the exact opposite and prosecute the people attempting to enforce those laws, we are no longer a nation of laws.

As to your last line, it seems nonsensical. I suggest that your maker add an error loop to your code.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I agree with your first point; Arpaio does not have the authority to enforce federal immigration law. But when the federal government does the exact opposite of the law, we are no longer living by laws, we are living by the whims of those at the top. That was my point, that when the people who are charged with enforcing laws do the exact opposite and prosecute the people attempting to enforce those laws, we are no longer a nation of laws.

As to your last line, it seems nonsensical. I suggest that your maker add an error loop to your code.

I'm pretty sure that the govt is enforcing the immigration laws as well as they can within the constraints of congressional budgeting. Deficiencies are basically the result of Munchausen by proxy on the part of Repubs. They don't want a solution, just an issue.

It's not like the border patrol has been instructed to sit on their hands like Bush's financial regulators, either.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
I'm pretty sure that the govt is enforcing the immigration laws as well as they can within the constraints of congressional budgeting. Deficiencies are basically the result of Munchausen by proxy on the part of Repubs. They don't want a solution, just an issue.

It's not like the border patrol has been instructed to sit on their hands like Bush's financial regulators, either.
lol I stand corrected: you really can be that stupid.

http://www.migrationpolicy.org/research/country-processing-central-america-piece-puzzle
In December 2014, the Obama administration established the Central American Minors (CAM) Refugee/Parole Program, an in-country refugee processing program for minors in El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras deemed deserving of humanitarian protection in the United States. An element of the government’s response to the 2014 surge in arrivals at the U.S.-Mexico border of unaccompanied minors from Central America, the CAM program seeks to provide certain minors with a legal, safe alternative to undertaking dangerous, unauthorized journeys to the United States.

In fiscal year (FY) 2014, almost 69,000 unaccompanied minors were apprehended by the U.S. Border Patrol, up from 39,000 in FY 2013 and 24,000 the prior year. Unlike in prior years, when Mexico was the top sending country, the majority of unaccompanied children (UACs) in 2014 came from Central America’s Northern Triangle countries of El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras. The growing power of gangs and organized-crime groups, as well as rising rates of homicide, drug trafficking, human trafficking, and gender-based violence in the region are well documented, and the new CAM in-country processing program was created with the aim of providing minors affected by violence in Central America the ability to legally reunite with parents living lawfully in the United States.
The federal government is so starved for cash that it established "processing centers" in El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras to pre-approve minors (mostly 16 and 17 year old males) and then FLY THEM INTO THE UNITED STATES. Because that's what you do when you don't have enough money to enforce immigration law, you go seek more illegal immigrants and fly them into the country.

Even more amusement:
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...-social-security-retirees-get/article/2590078
What's more, the administration is also spending heavily on a program with the United Nations to help the illegal minors avoid the dangerous trip by declaring them refugees and handing them a plane ticket to the U.S. where, once here, they get special legal status.

The report, titled "Welcoming Unaccompanied Alien Children to the United States," is a deep dive into the administration's evolving efforts to let hundreds of thousands of mostly 16- and 17-year-old males settle in the country.

rush-f2.png

It said that most of the undocumented minors do not qualify for refugee status or are even in any danger in their native countries. Instead, they are seeking to unify with their family members, commonly parents in the United States illegally.

The report cited Department of Health and Human Services data showing the trend. "New data," said CIS, "shows that 80 percent of the 71,000 Central American children placed between February 2014 and September 2015 were released to sponsors who are in the United States illegally."
This to the progressive "mind" is how government reacts to not having enough money to enforce immigration law - by locating the illegals who are already here, and then finding and flying in their children. Because clearly, flying in the illegals' children is soooo much cheaper than deporting them.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
Goes to show how stupid people in Arizona are that they support a person like Arpaio. I guess that is what happens when you fill a state full of rightwingers, they outstupid everyone else there.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013

What Jhhnn said.

Arpaio can not just blantantly ignore a court order.

Bundie with a badge.

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005

http://www.migrationpolicy.org/research/country-processing-central-america-piece-puzzle

The federal government is so starved for cash that it established "processing centers" in El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras to pre-approve minors (mostly 16 and 17 year old males) and then FLY THEM INTO THE UNITED STATES. Because that's what you do when you don't have enough money to enforce immigration law, you go seek more illegal immigrants and fly them into the country.

Even more amusement:
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...-social-security-retirees-get/article/2590078

This to the progressive "mind" is how government reacts to not having enough money to enforce immigration law - by locating the illegals who are already here, and then finding and flying in their children. Because clearly, flying in the illegals' children is soooo much cheaper than deporting them.

Correction, this is brought upon by the corporate global elitists minds in order to drive down wages, nationalism, unions, and other potential threats to their aristocratic lifestyles from a rising middle class, these feel good progressives are just useful idiots that have been brainwashed to be reactionary drones that must do the opposite of what the other side does because of reasons.

These are the same fools that on one hand cry out for living wages, $15 hour minimum wages, free healthcare, labor rights, etc. and then undo it by giving employers access to all the illegals they need in order to bypass all these things they pretend to care for while saying they represent the middle class.

You need to look no further than the E-verify program that they purposely gimped requiring employers to check applicants "after they are hired" instead of requiring them to check ALL applicants before and tell the employer if the prospective employee can be legally employed.

Imagine if the TSA was only allowed to check a passengers flying status after they boarded the plane and it took off.

Reagan proved what spineless cowards these so called liberal progressives are when they went along with his illegal amnesty even though the unions and labor warned them this was just a ploy to further erode unions, wages, and labor rights.

http://www.thomhartmann.com/articles/2006/03/illegal-workers-cons-secret-weapon
Illegal Workers: the Con's Secret Weapon

Conservatives are all atwitter about illegal immigrants. Some want to give them amnesty. Others want to reinstitute the old Bracero program. Others want to build a wall around America, like the communists did around East Berlin. Some advocate all of the above. But none will tell Americans the truth about why we have eleven million illegal aliens in this nation now (when it was fewer than 2 million when Reagan came into office), why they're staying, or why they keep coming. In a word, it's "jobs." In conservative lexicon, it's "cheap labor to increase corporate profits."

http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/0516/p09s01-coop.html

Illegal aliens: Democrats stumped
PROVIDENCE, R.I. — Hillary gets it. Hillary Clinton says she's against illegal immigration. And she would fine employers who hire illegal aliens.

Pundits say the Democratic senator from New York is using this hot-button issue to position herself for the 2008 presidential election. It's a way to hit Republicans from the right. Polls show huge majorities of both Republicans and Democrats oppose illegal immigration - and are frustrated that President Bush won't do a thing to stop it.

But this issue does not belong to the right. Or it shouldn't. Illegal immigration hurts most liberal causes. It depresses wages, crushes unions, and kills all hope for universal health coverage. Progressives have to understand that there can be little social justice in an unregulated labor market.

"Liberals are so confused on this issue," says Vernon Briggs, a labor economist at Cornell University and self-described liberal. "Immigration policy has got to be held accountable for its economic consequences."

Like I said useful idiots doing the work of corporations while thinking they are fighting the deplorable republicans for some feel good worthwhile cause.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Even more amusement:

So you deny the humanitarian crisis in Central America?

What part of your own link do you fail to understand? This part, apparently-

the new CAM in-country processing program was created with the aim of providing minors affected by violence in Central America the ability to legally reunite with parents living lawfully in the United States.

Nobody is flying in the children of illegals. The contention is bullshit.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
There's a lot I don't like about Sheriff Joe...but I approve of him trying to do what the feds won't...enforce immigration laws.
The USPB tries to patrol the border...within the limits the politicians allow, but the border is still as porus as a colander.

Immigration (as a whole) is a good thing. UNREGULATED immigration is a recipe for disaster by allowing unhealthy immigrants, criminals, and potentially terrorists to enter unchecked.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
There's a lot I don't like about Sheriff Joe...but I approve of him trying to do what the feds won't...enforce immigration laws.
The USPB tries to patrol the border...within the limits the politicians allow, but the border is still as porus as a colander.

Immigration (as a whole) is a good thing. UNREGULATED immigration is a recipe for disaster by allowing unhealthy immigrants, criminals, and potentially terrorists to enter unchecked.

Despite the badge, Arpaio has no more authority to enforce immigration law than an ordinary citizen. That makes what he's doing vigilantism & usurpation of authority. It's Brownshirt territory just in case you hadn't noticed.

Reactions: MongGrel

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
I'm still disappointed that Trump didn't name Arpaio as his VP.