FedEx FTW!!!

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
I ordered a BenQ G2400W from Newegg yesterday at 12:35 p.m. and the box arrived today at about 10:30 a.m.!!! Less than 24 hours at the cost of 3-5 business day shipping!!!

FedEx sometimes gets a bad rap around here (see this thread as an example). I just wanted to give them praise when it was earned.

(I know that, despite my intentions, this is going to turn into a "FedEx Nightmares"/"MotionMan's Experience Was a Fluke" thread, so go ahead. I do find those negative stories interesting, too.)

MotionMan

legoman666

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2003
ah.. the good ol days of early Newegg with cheap Fedex to every door....

UPS can suck my balls. Morons leave their packages in front of the garage door so my mom runs them over with the car when she leaves. And they don't even ring the door bell.

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
Wow, nice price on those monitors. I have two spare Ergotron LX LCD Arms that I am considering putting to good use in a triple monitor setup.

I have a 37" main monitor, might be cool have to a couple of 19" to 24" LCDs to pivot around while watching TV on the main. Maybe put a permanent web browser on one, iTunes on the other. :sun:

Zorro

Platinum Member
Oct 13, 1999
OP how far is Newegg from you ??

MotionMan

City: Los Angeles

Province/State: California

TecHNooB

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2005
Newegg took 3 days to ship something that I wanted overnighted.

Me: New Jersey

Newegg: New Jersey Warehouse (Approx 20 miles from me).

Balls.

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
Originally posted by: ViviTheMage
I have never been a fan of BenQ, but man that is some quick shipping !

Not that I am looking for some buyer's remorse, why no love for BenQ (I have never owned one before).

MotionMan

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
Originally posted by: MotionMan
I ordered a BenQ G2400W from Newegg yesterday at 12:35 p.m. and the box arrived today at about 10:30 a.m.!!! Less than 24 hours at the cost of 3-5 business day shipping!!!

FedEx sometimes gets a bad rap around here (see this thread as an example). I just wanted to give them praise when it was earned.

(I know that, despite my intentions, this is going to turn into a "FedEx Nightmares"/"MotionMan's Experience Was a Fluke" thread, so go ahead. I do find those negative stories interesting, too.)

MotionMan

I installed the new monitor and it looks great. I am going to have to change the way I handle windows now that I have all this real estate!

old monitor - long shot
new monitor - long shot
old monitor - short shot
new monitor - short shot

MotionMan

Crucial

Diamond Member
Dec 21, 2000
I have had nothing but problems with the BenQ FP71G+ models. I have had to RMA at least 5 of them for the same problem. All of them died in about a year. Their RMA sucks too. no cross shipping and you eat at least $10 shipping for every one. Plus the wait is at least 2 weeks till you get your repaired unit back.

Samsung was great. They shipped me a replacement and I sent the old one back in the box they sent. No cost to me and there wasn't a 3 week wait for the replacement to get here. No more BenQ's for me.

slsmnaz

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2005
Originally posted by: legoman666
Morons leave their packages in front of the garage door so my mom runs them over with the car when she leaves.

who's the moron?

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Safeway
Wow, nice price on those monitors. I have two spare Ergotron LX LCD Arms that I am considering putting to good use in a triple monitor setup.

I have a 37" main monitor, might be cool have to a couple of 19" to 24" LCDs to pivot around while watching TV on the main. Maybe put a permanent web browser on one, iTunes on the other. :sun:

Thats a silly idea. You should just sell one of those mounts to me.

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004
Yeah I like living about 50 miles from City of Industry. I just wish I had more money to spend at NewEgg to take advantage of it.

goog40

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2000
I don't understand why you would give praise to Fedex in this situation. Newegg deserves all the credit, but any package shipped within such a short distance should be delivered within one day, no matter which company you use for delivery.

Edit: For example, here's the map for transit times of deliveries shipped from southern California by UPS. A good portion of California has guaranteed next day delivery:
http://www.costco.com/Images/C...l/Transitmap_0661n.gif

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
Originally posted by: goog40
I don't understand why you would give praise to Fedex in this situation. Newegg deserves all the credit, but any package shipped within such a short distance should be delivered within one day, no matter which company you use for delivery.

Edit: For example, here's the map for transit times of deliveries shipped from southern California by UPS. A good portion of California has guaranteed next day delivery:
http://www.costco.com/Images/C...l/Transitmap_0661n.gif

I paid for 3-5 day delivery and got it in < 1 day.

That's good enough for a little praise from me.

MotionMan

goog40

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2000
That's the thing, you didn't pay for 3-5 day service, you paid for ground delivery. Ground delivery is typically within a range of 1-5 days depending on where you live. And you just happen to live in the area where delivery is guaranteed in one day regardless of the shipping speed selected. If Newegg had used any other shipping company (except possibly USPS) and paid for the slowest shipping option available, you still would have been guaranteed to get the package within one day.

Newegg deserves props for getting the package shipped out so quickly, but Fedex didn't do anything exceptional here. If they had failed to deliver the package within one day, Newegg would have gotten a refund from them for failing to live up to their service contract.

One time I did receive a package overnight that was shipped from Texas to California via DHL Ground. That was impressive, because not only did they get it to me in one day (and obviously they shipped it Air instead of Ground), they took some weird route, where it first went to the East Coast and was then redirected to my front porch the next morning.

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
FedEx almost always get my package a day faster than UPS. And FedEx doesn't break my stuff, although UPS has only done it a few times. I also like the fact that when I get home, if there is a package slip, I can drive down to FedEx and pick up my package.

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
That's the thing, you didn't pay for 3-5 day service, you paid for ground delivery.

I paid for 3-5 business day guaranteed. They beat that guarantee by a mile. How often does that happen now-a-days?

I am pleased.

MotionMan

DT4K

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002
Originally posted by: MotionMan
That's the thing, you didn't pay for 3-5 day service, you paid for ground delivery.

I paid for 3-5 business day guaranteed. They beat that guarantee by a mile. How often does that happen now-a-days?

I am pleased.

MotionMan

Sorry, I'm not that impressed that FedEx managed to move a package 35 miles within one day. I'm in North Carolina and I ordered some paintball stuff from a place in Virginia. Paid for UPS ground shipping and got my stuff within 24 hours.

I agree that props should be given to NewEgg for shipping quickly, but anything more than 1 day of shipping time would be pretty ridiculous for FedEx or UPS or anyone else considering how short the distance is.