Fedex dropped off a couple things today

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kalster

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2002
Originally posted by: Anubis
Originally posted by: ViviTheMage
ew 17" laptop...might as well carry your computer around with you

stop being a pussy, my brother carries around a 19 in lappy, i own a 17 and wouldent think of getting anything smaller,

i have a 12" in lappy and cant imagine hauling anything bigger than that, of course if its free i dont care :p

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
Originally posted by: Platypus
YAGBSLAMP

Ok, that's just about enough of the thread crapping. If you can't be civil, you can't be here.

Anandtech Moderator - KP

How can you tell me I'm thread crapping if you have absolutely no idea what I said?

How dare you question Kirby Pucket! You, sir, are a no-good rotten shame!

brxndxn

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2001
I have a very similar printer.. D7360. It's the best (by far) photo printer I have ever owned. It really does get at least 200 4x6 photos with a set of cartriges. And, the cartriges are not very expensive.. $40 for a full set and 200 4x6 glossy photo sheets.

Touch-screen lcd, built in card reader.. what more could you want?

Nice laptop, btw.

Lucky you. I also hate you.

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Originally posted by: brxndxn
I have a very similar printer.. D7360. It's the best (by far) photo printer I have ever owned. It really does get at least 200 4x6 photos with a set of cartriges. And, the cartriges are not very expensive.. $40 for a full set and 200 4x6 glossy photo sheets.

Nice laptop, btw.

this bundle arrived out of the blue,it was totally unexpected. In fact I was just kinda feeling burned out from entering so many contests.This win was energizing.

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Geekbabe

Nice laptop, btw.

this bundle arrived out of the blue,it was totally unexpected. In fact I was just kinda feeling burned out from entering so many contests.This win was energizing.

You may be addicted :D

But then, free stuff is good.

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Originally posted by: dighn
Originally posted by: Geekbabe

Nice laptop, btw.

You may be addicted :D

But then, free stuff is good.

oh I'm definately addicted but at least hours spent on the web lead to good things for my family and friends:)

tfinch2

Lifer
Feb 3, 2004
YAGBSLAMP

Ok, that's just about enough of the thread crapping. If you can't be civil, you can't be here.

Anandtech Moderator - KP

:esp;

I'm in your brain, stealing your acronyms.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Originally posted by: kalster

stop being a pussy, my brother carries around a 19 in lappy, i own a 17 and wouldent think of getting anything smaller,

i have a 12" in lappy and cant imagine hauling anything bigger than that, of course if its free i dont care :p

??? Can you even play solitaire on a 12"?

I am about to pull the trigger on this badass

http://www.killernotebooks.com...odachi_order_page.html

Will get Core 2 Quad, 4GB, 1 200GB 7200 HDD (will add more later, when bigger ones are available) , 8700GT, 1920x1200 17"

tfinch2

Lifer
Feb 3, 2004
Originally posted by: sdifox

Will get Core 2 Quad, 4GB, 1 200GB 7200 HDD (will add more later, when bigger ones are available) , 8700GT, 1920x1200 17"

$3500 for a laptop makes Baby Jesus cry!

kalster

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2002

i bet you will enjoy each and every moment of your 10 minute battery life with that thing :p

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Originally posted by: tfinch2

$3500 for a laptop makes Baby Jesus cry!

lol, 3500 is the starting point. My config is more like 4300.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005

i bet you will enjoy each and every moment of your 10 minute battery life with that thing :p

You think it will last 10 minutes??? The only time I'll be using the battery is when I am moving between plugs :)

Skacer

Banned
Jun 4, 2007
You think it will last 10 minutes??? The only time I'll be using the battery is when I am moving between plugs :)

No backpack generator? Weak.

WombRaider

Banned
Jun 21, 2007

What's the point then? Just buy a desktop that costs half as much and twice as powerful.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
How the HELL do you win a $1,100 laptop? :Q

$20 cordless vacuum? Yeah, I can see that.
$40 DVD box set? Sure.
$100 BestBuy gift card? Possible.
$1,100 LAPTOP? And a NICE ONE too? :shocked:

How? I gotta know.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Originally posted by: WombRaider

What's the point then? Just buy a desktop that costs half as much and twice as powerful.

Not very professional to lug a desktop to client site. It's basically my portable (well, luggable) server. I contemplated getting a MPC + lcd monitor like my current setup (which I lugged as carry on) but it is just too much hassle. I am not sure about the twice as powerful bit, this thing has a core2quad 6700