Federal Tax payments States

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Hmm the lions share is provided by NE Blue States what a surprise!
*disclaimer story doesn’t display well on my phone*

4 States pay big, hand full of states either pay a little bit or take a little bit. Then the mud hut States take the rest.
I always knew this was true but I always assumed there were more than a handful of big paying States.

Remember when Mitch McConnell said Kentucky (which gets 20% of its GSP in federal transfers) shouldn’t bail out New York? (gives $22 billion yearly to other states)

Feb 4, 2009
Remember when Mitch McConnell said Kentucky (which gets 20% of its GSP in federal transfers) shouldn’t bail out New York? (gives $22 billion yearly to other states)

I know, remember when the deplorable’s were defending the SALT tax caps by saying states should cut spending.
You know all tax cuts are good except tax cuts that to to Blue States.
Hey two points a handful of States pay for your shit. How about we get this to a one to one ratio and then talk about spending.

• Love
Reactions: DarthKyrie
Nov 8, 2012
States that have high cost of living (and thus EVERYTHING costs more) pay a larger part in our progressive tax brackets?

OH MY GOD! WHO COULD HAVE PREDICTED THIS?!

Someone stop the presses!

Perhaps since these tax rates screw over high cost of living progressive urban areas we should instead do a flat tax. Great idea!

Last edited:

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
States that have high cost of living (and thus EVERYTHING costs more) pay a larger part in our progressive tax brackets?

Perhaps since these tax rates screw over high cost of living progressive urban areas we should instead do a flat tax. Great idea!

Two words, womp womp.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Someone start the presses!

They're apparently not getting screwed judging from their relative prosperity. If you want to see who's getting screwed, take a look at the lands the Job Creators forgot.

Feb 4, 2009

Someone start the presses!

I’m all for paying higher taxes than a mud hut resident. I fully support the idea.
I do expect some gratitude for doing so
I do expect acknowledgement that since I pay more than receive I am not a welfare queen or accusations that I don’t have knowledge of economics or what success is.

I propose we (handful of high paying states) do what our Dear Leader does, demand a letter of praise from mud hut States. Monthly letter would be good enough.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

No, a flat tax is a dumb idea.

Regardless, the issue here is not that we aren’t willing to help conservatives in uncompetitive areas out, but it would be nice if they stopped lying about the issue.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
In the era of trillion dollar deficits, the transfer payments from productive states to lazy ass moocher states become somewhat meaningless.

<== lives in lazy ass moocher state where the legislature routinely passes budget busting tax cuts knowing Uncle Sugar will protect them from their own greed. Having two freshman senators with no seniority might provide a wake up call.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
about half the states in America cant balance their fucking budget.
The federal government cant balance their fucking budget.
This is all moot.

Feb 4, 2009
In the era of trillion dollar deficits, the transfer payments from productive states to lazy ass moocher states become somewhat meaningless.

<== lives in lazy ass moocher state where the legislature routinely passes budget busting tax cuts knowing Uncle Sugar will protect them from their own greed. Having two freshman senators with no seniority might provide a wake up call.

^^^This Guy gets it^^^

Nov 8, 2012
I’m all for paying higher taxes than a mud hut resident. I fully support the idea.
I do expect some gratitude for doing so
I do expect acknowledgement that since I pay more than receive I am not a welfare queen or accusations that I don’t have knowledge of economics or what success is.

I propose we (handful of high paying states) do what our Dear Leader does, demand a letter of praise from mud hut States. Monthly letter would be good enough.

Regardless, the issue here is not that we aren’t willing to help conservatives in uncompetitive areas out, but it would be nice if they stopped lying about the issue.

Considering dropping the whole "high and mightier than you" and you just might stop losing every flyover state in elections.

Until then you guys are destined to keep losing elections.

Also the general shitting on states that vote red makes me chuckle. People are simply so partisanly stupid that they can't wrap their head around the fact that often 40-50% of the state votes Democrat - and arguably many more that choose not to vote. The majority of plenty of these states are also Hispanic or black - but hey - keep shitting on those states and calling them takers, etc... It really shows your true morals and values ;)

EDIT: It's also ironic how the party "of the people" has strayed so far away from that. You're really just the party of gated community yuppies.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

Conservatives: Tax and spend liberals! all they want to do is tax and pay taxes! hahahahha!

LIberals: yes, because we gain more benefits for everyone, and QoL improves for everyone, including general wealth for everyone, with this model

--results prove the theory--

Conservatives again: Hahaha, look at you liberals pay all hose expensive taxes! Well of course you can contribute more money! because you have such high taxes and are still wealthier! hahahaha! look at me in a welfare state, where people overall are poorer [yes, because they live off the government dole, the evil of conservatism] and I don't have to pay high taxes, but I have freedom [to live off your wealth].

It's really amazing. maybe one day so0me0onesmind1 will realize that the only thing his angry ranting does is prove that he really is a liberal at heart, because everything that he is angry about is that he supports and lives in the pure results of conservativism. ...and he hates it. He believes it is the liberals screwing other people, though.

This is so entertaining.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Considering dropping the whole "high and mightier than you" and you just might stop losing every flyover state in elections.

If people in flyover country are voting because their fee fees got hurt that’s pretty funny. What a bunch of snowflakes.

Regardless, we won the most recent election and look pretty good for winning this one too. Seems like this is working out fine.
Also the general shitting on states that vote red makes me chuckle. People are simply so partisanly stupid that they can't wrap their head around the fact that often 40-50% of the state votes Democrat - and arguably many more that choose not to vote. The majority of plenty of these states are also Hispanic or black - but hey - keep shitting on those states and calling them takers, etc... It really shows your true morals and values ;)
Are you being like Trump here where when you learn a new fact you assume everyone else didn’t already know this?

This is the exact reason I’ve given previously as to why we can’t cut the red states off - lots of people in them aren’t idiots like the people who keep voting in Republicans and it would be wrong to punish them along with the dummies.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

EDIT: It's also ironic how the party "of the people" has strayed so far away from that. You're really just the party of gated community yuppies.

So the guy who routinely labels everyone else as "dumb as rocks" and "Stupid low IQ and doesn't know shit about economics" Is also claiming that everyone else is all "high and mighty" "elitists" and that this is why they are losing.

OK.

Dude, you need to balance out the meds or something. Neurons aren't firing where they need to be firing.

Feb 4, 2009

Not many gated communities in Massachusetts. Seriously I’m not kidding, I cannot think of one in my area. There are condo associations but that is just an easier way of building denser housing. People aren’t kept out of them. We are the oldest part of the country with the oldest housing stock. Not realistic to gate off a road. Other than a parking lot, I have never seen or known anyone who lives in a gated community where there is a guard or gate that blocks people off.

Edit: forgot, I did go to a appartment style condo development in Berlin(?) that had an access code gate. I guess I know of one.
Edit 2: I went to a gated private road 3 years ago but the “gate” was a dude who lived there with a couple of trash cans in the road. He said he’s only there because people in the neighborhood were tired of construction trucks from a nearby project illegally dumping stuff in the abandoned lot we were going to look at. If I remember correctly someone dumped some debris that had rodents in it and the residents had to pay an exterminator to remedy the situation. Small narrow road in Worcester had around 5 houses on it one was abandoned property. Not exactly 1 percenters.

Also seems like someone’s feelz got hurt...........again.

Last edited:

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

This would be fine. And stop pretending like Americans don't need each other.

Reactions: zinfamous

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Not many gated communities in Massachusetts. Seriously I’m not kidding, I cannot think of one in my area. There are condo associations but that is just an easier way of building denser housing. People aren’t kept out of them. We are the oldest part of the country with the oldest housing stock. Not realistic to gate off a road. Other than a parking lot, I have never seen or known anyone who lives in a gated community where there is a guard or gate that blocks people off.

Also seems like someone’s feelz got hurt...........again.
Lol, ‘gated community’. About a third of the bodegas near me don’t sell beer because my neighborhood has so many Muslim Bangladeshi immigrants. Many of the pharmacies advertise in both English and Russian because there are so many Eastern European immigrants.

I live in a modest one bedroom co op at the intersection of about the widest range of both culture and wealth possible.

Nov 29, 2006
I wish we could just cut off the red welfare state and let them wallow in their on pig filth. Gate off the red states and enjoy the extra tax money for ourselves. We'll try the tough love approach on them until they learn that conservative ideas are bad for them.

Mar 11, 2004
So the guy who routinely labels everyone else as "dumb as rocks" and "Stupid low IQ and doesn't know shit about economics" Is also claiming that everyone else is all "high and mighty" "elitists" and that this is why they are losing.

OK.

Dude, you need to balance out the meds or something. Neurons aren't firing where they need to be firing.

The sad part is he genuinely believes he knows more than anyone else on this forum about basically every subject that gets brought up, no matter how many times he just shows that he doesn't even understand basic aspects or know basic facts about what's being discussed.

I don't think there are meds to balance out what's been done to his brain. Based on his postings I'm assuming he runs an organic lead disposal business. He'll lick your lead paint clean off the walls.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Post-truth, huh?

Feb 4, 2009
I wish we could just cut off the red welfare state and let them wallow in their on pig filth. Gate off the red states and enjoy the extra tax money for ourselves. We'll try the tough love approach on them until they learn that conservative ideas are bad for them.

I agree, the best way to learn how to change usb thru pain & sacrifice. They won’t learn until there is pain. I fee guilty for saying this.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Look at this guy suggesting CA and NY would fair better sinking to the level of Miss and KS

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

OK.

Or buy a mirror, a tape recorder, look at what he's posted......