Federal search warrant executed at Rudy Giuliani’s NYC apartment

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Can Barr be sued to clawback his salary? Failure to do duty cause for reimbursement?
Very unlikely. While we all know what Barr was doing I’m sure he can come up with any number of plausible enough sounding reasons that no action will be taken against him.

While Barr is just as evil as the rest of them (and crazier than most) he’s also a smart guy who has spent his life in Washington and knows how things work. Pretty hard to imagine anything sticking to him.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Some small very little part of me feels bad for him, that Trump didn't pardon him. I wonder what Giuliani feels like knowing he put himself in legal jeopardy for someone who didn't help him out when he could have.
Remember it's Pubs who love to shove life choices in peoples faces.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Some small very little part of me feels bad for him, that Trump didn't pardon him. I wonder what Giuliani feels like knowing he put himself in legal jeopardy for someone who didn't help him out when he could have.
If only there was some way Giuliani could have foreseen the idea that he would be jettisoned when he was no longer useful. I guess he could have referred to the example of every single one of Trump’s relationships in his entire fucking life.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
That means Rudy had plenty of time to get rid of any "good" evidence, they'll get him on something minor compared to what it could've been.
And plant fake evidence. Surprised Andrew Giuliana agreed to an interview on CNN. But he starts the interview how dare the Justice Dept invade the best major and SDNY AG home so they can find evidence on the orange baby. But ends the interview but why did they ignore the "Hunter" laptop that was there? So after hearing this, yes the home has been purged of evidence.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
So. Barr was in on the sedition. Is there any chance of holding Barr accountable?

I don't think that's true. Barr never played into the stolen election routine, even said the DoJ found no evidence of malfeasance. Barr resigned the same day the Electoral College declared Biden the winner, probably because he wouldn't be part of the insurrection. I mean, insurrection was Trump's only path to staying in power, so of course he did. And Rudy helped him.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
I don't think that's true. Barr never played into the stolen election routine, even said the DoJ found no evidence of malfeasance. Barr resigned the same day the Electoral College declared Biden the winner, probably because he wouldn't be part of the insurrection. I mean, insurrection was Trump's only path to staying in power, so of course he did. And Rudy helped him.
To be blunt I think Barr saw it coming and instead of really standing up he just turned tail and ran. Just another coward.

Reactions: Linux23

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
To be blunt I think Barr saw it coming and instead of really standing up he just turned tail and ran. Just another coward.

Whatever his reasons, Barr refused to participate in Trump's planned insurrection. I'm sure Trump made his plans clear & Barr wouldn't help him. Barr wouldn't cross that line. I detest Barr, but not for that.

Reactions: Thump553

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
according to the NYT, Rudy's involvement in the firing of Yovanovitch is at the center of this investigation.

the Russians call his type "useful idiots"
it sounds like Rudy is " going to go through some things" soon.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
So sedition didnt start at collaboration with a foreign power to secure false evidence to rally the troops?

Reactions: dank69

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
according to Preet Bharara on CNN, the SDNY would already have the evidence from 3rd parties like AT&T so Rudy's devices might hold evidence of the destruction of evidence.
Thats so stupid... and typical of old people who dont gr0k the tech... Here lemme delete this text real quick.... aaaand evidence gone.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
So, he went on Tucker's Brownshirt Parade and proclaimed 'I din't do nuffin!!!' ?
It was a Rudy show, Alex Jones conspiracy level 8 on three fifths of Jack. The most interesting thing about it was Tucker on Russia when he stated, paraphrasing, that Ukraine is paid by evil democrats to hate on poor Russia. On the table of what motivates Tucker we should consider a kompromat connection as well... He seems sympathetic to the Vlad way of things.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
It was a Rudy show, Alex Jones conspiracy level 8 on three fifths of Jack. The most interesting thing about it was Tucker on Russia when he stated, paraphrasing, that Ukraine is paid by evil democrats to hate on poor Russia. On the table of what motivates Tucker we should consider a kompromat connection as well... He seems sympathetic to the Vlad way of things.
I like how this former SDNY head said the only way a search warrant is legal is if the target is going to destroy or abscond with evidence.

This is…uhmm….emphatically not how search warrants work.

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I like how this former SDNY head said the only way a search warrant is legal is if the target is going to destroy or abscond with evidence.

This is…uhmm….emphatically not how search warrants work.

I would have liked a recording of Rudy going "Then you have to take the Hunter hard drive too!?!?!" over and over again... That woulda been comedy.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
That means Rudy had plenty of time to get rid of any "good" evidence, they'll get him on something minor compared to what it could've been.
Rudy likely thinks hitting delete means it's gone forever, he was the cybersecurity czar or something wasn't he?