Federal search warrant executed at Rudy Giuliani’s NYC apartment

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
More details here.

If he still has any incriminating stuff laying around in his apartment after 2 years of ongoing investigation, he deserves anything that comes from the discovery of that stuff.

Reactions: Linux23

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Probably looking to destroy his phylactery.

Apparently it is (unsurprisingly) about Rudy Colludey's attempts to dig up/fabricate dirt on Biden in Ukraine. If the feds are willing to raid a lawyer's personal residence, much less the personal residence of a former president's lawyer, they clearly think they have him.

Unless he was tipped off. ;)

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
hehe... Fox news is defending Rudy by claiming Rudy "was such a great mayor and cleaned up New York". So, HOW DARE THEY....
Well, Adolf was also a pretty good painter, actually, so should that disqualify his killing of 6 million Jews?
Fox? Comment? :rolleyes:

paintings-by-adolf-hitler-32.jpg

Last edited:

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Yeah, they have to have at least probable cause for a warrant, so they probably do have something on him already.

What I continue to wonder is why Trump did not pardon Giuliani. He was such a lapdog for so long. Poor Rudy.
What I think I heard is that pardoning Giuliani would mean he could/would testify against Trump. Same reason he didn't pardon his family, IIRC.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
hehe... Fox news is defending Rudy by claiming Rudy "was such a great mayor and cleaned up New York". So, HOW DARE THEY....
Well, Adolf was also a pretty good painter, actually, so should that disqualify his killing of 60 million Jews?
Fox? Comment? :rolleyes:
I don't think there were anywhere near that many Jews in the world. He killed 6,000,000 Jews. Bunches of others too.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
Yeah, they have to have at least probable cause for a warrant, so they probably do have something on him already.

What I continue to wonder is why Trump did not pardon Giuliani. He was such a lapdog for so long. Poor Rudy.

iirc, Rudy publicly stated that he didn't want and wouldn't accept a pardon.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Given that Rudy (and the rest of the world) had about 6-8 months notice this search warrant was coming (or was at least a very strong possibility) it would be absolutely astonishing if anything of value was found. Bill Barr sat on this investigation and prevented the warrant from being issued on his watch.

Almost certainly it is related to the shenanigans Rudy pulled in Ukraine trying to frame Biden-that's what they were reporting last summer.

Reactions: DarthKyrie and Muse

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
What I think I heard is that pardoning Giuliani would mean he could/would testify against Trump. Same reason he didn't pardon his family, IIRC.

But it would also mean that if they have something on Giuliani, they could theoretically flip him to incriminate Trump. Which is why that doesn't make sense as a legal strategy.

I think Trump just got mad at Rudy because Rudy promised to help him steal an election he lost and effectively end democracy in America, but instead all he did was fart in Congress and drool hair gel. Poor Rudy. He tried to do the wrong thing. He really did.

Reactions: hal2kilo

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
You mean, right after he begged Trump for a pardon and he said no? Might be the case.

I am aware that Rudy said this, but Rudy is also a serial liar.

I can imagine a scenario where he asked, Trump said yes, and then forgot about it before the inauguration. Rudy is sitting there convinced it will come right up until the last five minutes.

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002

From the article "What they did today was legal thuggery,” Giuliani’s lawyer Robert J. Costello said. “Why would you do this to anyone, let alone someone who was the associate attorney general, United States attorney, the mayor of New York City and the personal lawyer to the 45th president of the United States.”

I'd like to field that one Bob. It's because your client is a criminal that did crime on behalf of the 45th president of the United States.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
Some small very little part of me feels bad for him, that Trump didn't pardon him. I wonder what Giuliani feels like knowing he put himself in legal jeopardy for someone who didn't help him out when he could have.

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
Some small very little part of me feels bad for him, that Trump didn't pardon him. I wonder what Giuliani feels like knowing he put himself in legal jeopardy for someone who didn't help him out when he could have.

Naw. Trump’s track record of fucking over everyone, even his lawyers, really shoulda spoke for itself. Trump should have struggled to get Lionel Hutz to be willing to work for him, but there is always someone who is more greedy than smart.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Given that Rudy (and the rest of the world) had about 6-8 months notice this search warrant was coming (or was at least a very strong possibility) it would be absolutely astonishing if anything of value was found. Bill Barr sat on this investigation and prevented the warrant from being issued on his watch.

Almost certainly it is related to the shenanigans Rudy pulled in Ukraine trying to frame Biden-that's what they were reporting last summer.
Well true documents could be destroyed in anticipation of search warrant. But the facts were there to allow for the judge to issue the warrant. So just tack on a charge of obstruction or destroying legal records.