Federal Marshals at my House.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
Originally posted by: Lucky
Originally posted by: anxi80
damn, what a way to get pinched.
yeah, by pinching a loaf. :)
lol, finally! i gave the set up...was just waiting for the close... nicely done! :D

edit: i also give partial credit to Roger for putting a good spin on it. :p
They got pinched for pinching a loaf, good for you Ulf

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Ulfwald
I actually went back there shortly after the original incident occured to see if the wolf bait had been removed, it wasn't, and they were long gone. So I went and got a shovel from my garage, dug a really deep hole (about 4 feet deep), shoveled the wolf bait into the hole, washed my shovel off into the hole (used straight bleach), poured a bag of lime in there as well, then filled the hole back up.

My wife just called me and said that the builder who is is responsible for the construction of the house behind mine called and asked to speak to me. She told him to call back tonight when I am home. She said he sounded a bit upset.

We also have filed a dispute with the county over the placement of the property line, and where the builder says it should be. We currently have an injunction against him, preventing him from removing any trees until the property line dispute is settled. We have the original plat for our property line that is on file with the county.

He might be just a bit upset for getting busted hiring illegals. In all likelyhood, he has just figured out and/or confirmed that he = screwed

Stark

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2000
Originally posted by: amnesiac
Living in California and having to pay a significant portion of my taxes to support the healtcare and education of illegal immigrants -- well that pisses me off. We should catapult them back over the border. It's not our fault Mexico is a giant sh!thole. Don't turn our country into one either.

I'd rather pay a lot more for goods and produce if it means giving more jobs to legal immigrants and people who need the jobs. It'll also mean a decreased poverty level, increased property values, and lower healthcare rates.

If we punish the people who hire them, jobs will dry up and they'll go home on their own. Mass deportation will never happen.

DurocShark

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
Originally posted by: TheBoyBlunder
I'd rather they were not sh!tting in my yard and deported than sh!itting in my yard and being here illegally, but then, that's me.

Huzzah the poster!

SagaLore

Elite Member
Dec 18, 2001

My goal was not to have hard working people just trying to make a living, but to get them to stop using my backyard as their toilet.

Don't feel bad. The situation turned out right. Whether or not they are hard working, you can't allow illegal immigrants to roam the U.S. - especially these days. If as a citizen I'm required to show 2 forms of ID when writing out a check, then they better be forced to have some authorized credentials for living/working here.

TMPadmin

Golden Member
Jul 23, 2001
I actually went back there shortly after the original incident occured to see if the wolf bait had been removed, it wasn't, and they were long gone. So I went and got a shovel from my garage, dug a really deep hole (about 4 feet deep), shoveled the wolf bait into the hole, washed my shovel off into the hole (used straight bleach), poured a bag of lime in there as well, then filled the hole back up.

My wife just called me and said that the builder who is is responsible for the construction of the house behind mine called and asked to speak to me. She told him to call back tonight when I am home. She said he sounded a bit upset.

We also have filed a dispute with the county over the placement of the property line, and where the builder says it should be. We currently have an injunction against him, preventing him from removing any trees until the property line dispute is settled. We have the original plat for our property line that is on file with the county.

Please update us after you talk to this guy. I'm really courious to find out that his beef is with you. Or if he just wants to appologize. Hey, you never know.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001

Whatever you do, do NOT apologize. It is NOT your fault he was using illegal aliens, it is NOT your fault that the illegal aliens were trespassing on your property, it is NOT your fault he didn't provide portable restroom facilities, it is NOT your fault that he has crossed into your property. He will try to make you feel like it is your fault, but stand your ground and tell him to suck a big one.

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: CPA

Whatever you do, do NOT apologize. It is NOT your fault he was using illegal aliens, it is NOT your fault that the illegal aliens were trespassing on your property, it is NOT your fault that he has crossed into your property. He will try to make you feel like it is your fault, but stand your ground and tell him to suck a big one.

No, tell him to eat a big one... and that you just happen to have on your property several that would fulfill the purpose

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: dquan97
Well, since they were in this country ILLEGALY, I have no qualms about deporting them. If they really want to live in this country, apply for a visa.

You can't work with just a visa. You need a green card which takes years to get.

Ulfwald

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
May 27, 2000
Well, I have a bit of an update.

The builder called my house AGAIN. He apologized to my wife for being so abrupt with her, gave her his number (which I will not post here), and asked if i would call him back.

I just got off the phone with him. He apologized for the issue with the workers, explained that he now has porta johns being delivered, and that the property dispute is now over. Turns out, the developer had doctored the plats a bit, and then sold the property to the builder. So now the builder is going to take action against the developer. And since I basically won against the builder, he had to pay my legal fees, which he will more than likely seek to recover from the developer.

Since it is obviously the developer's fault, the builder has made peace with me, and apologized. He did not realize his crew had been using my back woods as a toilet. As far as his hiring practices go, that is up to him, I am not even going to discuss that issue with him.

waitman

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2002
Originally posted by: SagaLore

My goal was not to have hard working people just trying to make a living, but to get them to stop using my backyard as their toilet.

Don't feel bad. The situation turned out right. Whether or not they are hard working, you can't allow illegal immigrants to roam the U.S. - especially these days. If as a citizen I'm required to show 2 forms of ID when writing out a check, then they better be forced to have some authorized credentials for living/working here.

Exactly! ^

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
Well, since they were in this country ILLEGALY, I have no qualms about deporting them. If they really want to live in this country, apply for a visa.

or be smart enuff to not $h!t in others' lawns. they were asking for trouble

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
Well, I have a bit of an update.

The builder called my house AGAIN. He apologized to my wife for being so abrupt with her, gave her his number (which I will not post here), and asked if i would call him back.

I just got off the phone with him. He apologized for the issue with the workers, explained that he now has porta johns being delivered, and that the property dispute is now over. Turns out, the developer had doctored the plats a bit, and then sold the property to the builder. So now the builder is going to take action against the developer. And since I basically won against the builder, he had to pay my legal fees, which he will more than likely seek to recover from the developer.

Since it is obviously the developer's fault, the builder has made peace with me, and apologized. He did not realize his crew had been using my back woods as a toilet. As far as his hiring practices go, that is up to him, I am not even going to discuss that issue with him.

good to hear it all worked out. now sit back and enjoy an ice cold :beer:

PunDogg

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2002
good job, damn illegal immgrants

<------ son of immgrants who legally immgranted here

Dogg

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
There was another thread about Mexican illegals recently (Mexico a parasite?)

I thought, who cares if the Mexicans want to take all of our sh!tty jobs (pun intended)
Then I heard on NPR how they're causing damage to property, littering, contaminating live-stock waters on ranches, etc. as they come across the border. That's where I'd draw the line, too.... So, good for you. Let the decent Mexicans stay, and get rid of the slobs... we already have enough of our own.

huey1124

Golden Member
Sep 19, 2000
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis

You can't work with just a visa. You need a green card which takes years to get.

I know this is off the topic, but you're wrong about this one. I have a couple of co-workers who are here on 'work visas' from Canada, and they do not have green cards. As long as the company will sponsor them, they can legally work here for extended period of time.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
You have no reason to apologize. You handled it well and fairly, and they happened to be illegal. That's their problem. :)

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Why couldnt the 911 hijackers have done something stupid to get deported?

We are too lenient on illegals from all over the world.

Round 'em up and send 'em home. Send them ALL home.