Feces Meets the Fan, War Crimes Division

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
International Court Approves Afghanistan Investigation

"THE HAGUE, Netherlands — International Criminal Court judges authorized a far-reaching investigation Thursday of war crimes and crimes against humanity allegedly committed by Afghan government forces, the Taliban, American troops and U.S. foreign intelligence operatives.

The appellate ruling marked the first time the court's prosecutor has been cleared to investigate U.S. forces, and set the global tribunal on a collision course with the Trump administration."

^^^ This could prove . . . interesting! :D :eek::p:cool:

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
To be clear, most of these actual events fall under Bush Jr's presidency.

"She said there is information that members of the U.S. military and intelligence agencies “committed acts of torture, cruel treatment, outrages upon personal dignity, rape and sexual violence against conflict-related detainees in Afghanistan and other locations, principally in the 2003-2004 period.”

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
Would love to see some American generals and civilian leadership smuggled out of the country Mossad style and forced to stand trial. Could you imagine? Dick Cheney in an orange jumpsuit in one of those glass tanks?

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
The International Court is trying to maintain it`s relevance!
If we want to get technical about war -- well war is hell!!
But the courts are trying to maintain their relevance!
Sure there are war crimes but with that said lets really be precise about what a war crime is.......

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
The International Court is trying to maintain it`s relevance!
If we want to get technical about war -- well war is hell!!
But the courts are trying to maintain their relevance!
Sure there are war crimes but with that said lets really be precise about what a war crime is.......
Nuremberg Principles VI (a) and (b)

When I accuse Bush and company of war crimes I do so based on the language of the Nuremberg Principles, principles that the United States wrote.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Nuremberg Principles VI (a) and (b)

When I accuse Bush and company of war crimes I do so based on the language of the Nuremberg Principles, principles that the United States wrote.
That is all well and good! No argument there!
But I still stand by my assertion that the International Court is trying to maintain it`s relevance!
What will be interesting is to hear Trump`s response....lol..that ought to be a doozy!!

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
No need to speculate Trump's response. He already pardoned a war criminal