FCC is impressing me lately

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Basically ATT was fined 100 million bucks for saying unlimited data then throttling its customers. I wish they would nail all carriers.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Verizon's likely next. T-Mobile probably won't be, but then it's also been more transparent about what you get and really doesn't throttle unlimited service if you're paying for it.

ChAoTiCpInOy

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2006
When will they make AT&T let us unlimited data customers have the ability to create hotspots? There's really no reason we shouldn't.

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
How is that impressive, if it is too little, too late?
They made billions in that time period, and got off with pennies on the dollar fine.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
Verizon's likely next. T-Mobile probably won't be, but then it's also been more transparent about what you get and really doesn't throttle unlimited service if you're paying for it.

When did VZW ever throttle?

s44

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2006
Yeah, VZ backed down before implementing their unlimited throttle.

pm

Elite Member Mobile Devices
Jan 25, 2000
Basically ATT was fined 100 million bucks for saying unlimited data then throttling its customers. I wish they would nail all carriers.

I wish the FCC would give the money to the customers instead of keeping it... and then go after all of the carriers.

Branches of the government charging corporations huge fines that they get to keep seems to pose a bit of a conflict of interest. If there is real concern over customers being defrauded, then give the money from the fine back to the customers who were impacted - or at least theoretically impacted.

shabby

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I wish the FCC would give the money to the customers instead of keeping it... and then go after all of the carriers.

Branches of the government charging corporations huge fines that they get to keep seems to pose a bit of a conflict of interest. If there is real concern over customers being defrauded, then give the money from the fine back to the customers who were impacted - or at least theoretically impacted.

Don't worry, it'll trickle down...

Dec 30, 2004

But they need that money as protection to bake sure the companies don't do it again!!!

You're right I agree