FCC internet privacy

Dec 10, 2005
I guess the implication is that someone that has worked with the industry would forever be tainted in how they push government policies? I just don't buy that idea wholesale. I don't think everyone is fit for government service and some might try to use their service to further an agenda that isn't inline with the public interest. But I also think that you'll often find very qualified individuals in or associated with various industries, since that's where many of the "experts" will simply end up.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Comcast must be fuming at the betrayal. They got their guy in there solely to fuck up the American people for their gain, but the guy actually does his job instead. Net neutrality, more privacy, what's next?! Outlawed duopoly and collusion with Time Warner for carving up the territory?! Oh the humanity!!

Feb 4, 2009
Comcast must be fuming at the betrayal. They got their guy in there solely to fuck up the American people for their gain, but the guy actually does his job instead. Net neutrality, more privacy, what's next?! Outlawed duopoly and collusion with Time Warner for carving up the territory?! Oh the humanity!!

Don't forget he is looking for a way to allow you or have another item that functions as a cable box to eliminate box fees.

I wonder if he had his balls completely busted working in the cable industry now its his time for revenge. I can think of an old employer I'd love to have power over.

shabby

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I wonder if he had his balls completely busted working in the cable industry now its his time for revenge. I can think of an old employer I'd love to have power over.
Here's a quote from an interview http://www.theverge.com/2016/3/9/11...-wheeler-interview-5g-internet-net-neutrality
What was the cable industry like when I was lobbying for them? They were the underdog. They were the folks trying to climb up the hill, and broadcasters and telephone companies tried to stop them.

What was the wireless industry like when I was there? They were the young guys coming up the side of the mountain. What was I doing when I was a VC? I was funding startup companies that were challenging the incumbents.

My heart has always been with the insurgents, not the incumbents. And nobody stopped to really look at that — they just wanted to make this judgement. But I’m the same guy I always was.

This explains why he's doing what he's doing.