FCC: Fvcking is acceptable adjective

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
10-7-2003 No FCC Action vs. Bono Over Naughty Word

On Monday, the government agency's Enforcement Bureau rejected complaints by the Parents Television Council and others that Bono's use of the phrase "this is really, really f---ing brilliant" failed to meet the test for indecency.

"The word 'f---ing' my be crude and offensive, but, in the context presented here, did not describe sexual or excretory organs or activities," the bureau wrote. "Rather, the performer used the word 'f---ing' as an adjective or expletive to emphasize an exclamation.

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
They are Fvcking Retarded dragging down our moral fiber lower and lower very sad but not surprising from this sorry bunch of liberals.

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
i hear more and more "bitch" and "ass" and such, on prime time tv these days, or even on the soaps

it's kinda odd how the vulgarity rules are getting less and less strict on network television

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: EXman
They are Fvcking Retarded dragging down our moral fiber lower and lower very sad but not surprising from this sorry bunch of liberals.
God you sound like Falwell in a Sailors Uniform

rahvin

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

Don't worry, I'm sure Falwell likes sailors ;) ;) *nudge* *nudge*

308nato

Platinum Member
Feb 10, 2002
What about the charges against him for impersonating an entertainer on public airwaves ?

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001

witty response
rolleye.gif
now go back in your hole Red and go pork some tele tubbies
rolleye.gif
then in 20 years you can put it on PBS in the daytime since that is where TV is headed. :brokenheart:

um, the neo-con's control the fcc right now.

sarcasm at it's best?

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003

witty response
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
then in 20 years you can put it on PBS in the daytime since that is where TV is headed. :brokenheart:

um, the neo-con's control the fcc right now.

sarcasm at it's best?

I wouldnt say neo-cons, that word is thrown around improperly. And I know who hes trying to refer to by "neo-cons" but that isnt the case with the FCC. The FCC has a conservative majority(I believe 3-2), but they are not even in the same group of people that people are refering to as "neo-cons". GWB technically shouldn't even be in that list, let alone the people on the FCC.

And damn it people come up with a new word "neo-con" is not the proper term for the people you are labeling as "neo-con".

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
well i call them neo-cons sense that is what they call themselves and it does gengraly go off better than calling the facists.

and EXman, no sarcasim at all; just pointing out that the FCC is not a "bunch of liberals" as you claimed they were.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

witty response
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
I'm glad I pulled my punches with that because if your reply is any indication of how you react to an innocous little jab I'm sure you would have burst a blood vessel if I had posted my original response
rolleye.gif