FBI releases files on Trump apartments' race discrimination probe in '70s

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Uh, okay. Did someone specifically fill out a FOIA request for this? Not really sure what, if any, impact there is here.

NesuD

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

Wow 1973. His Dad was still running the business at the time. I don't think I would judge anyone on anything that happened in 1973. What I remember from 1973 is I was in the 8th grade, needed glasses, and used to get beaten up by gangs of black kids on the way home from school every couple of months. It was a different world then. Can't judge what happened in 1973 by today's standards.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Wow 1973. His Dad was still running the business at the time. I don't think I would judge anyone on anything that happened in 1973. What I remember from 1973 is I was in the 8th grade, needed glasses, and used to get beaten up by gangs of black kids on the way home from school every couple of months. It was a different world then. Can't judge what happened in 1973 by today's standards.

Trump was president of the company in 1973 and was 27 at the time. He was even named in the federal lawsuit against his company. I would absolutely judge someone for their actions when they were almost 30 and the president of the company. You can absolutely judge what happened in 1973 by today's standards when that standard is 'don't refuse to do business with people because they are black.'

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...illary-clinton-says-federal-government-sued-/

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Putin came up from Russian Intelligence.

There is likely a ringleader inside American Intelligence that is taking guidance from Putin. Looking to systematically destroy America's confidence in democracy and the political parties. First, they took down Hillary, now they are taking down Trump. Putin has a puppet in the USA, but it isn't Trump. We'll find out who they are in about 8 years I think.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

There is likely a ringleader inside American Intelligence that is taking guidance from Putin. Looking to systematically destroy America's confidence in democracy and the political parties. First, they took down Hillary, now they are taking down Trump. Putin has a puppet in the USA, but it isn't Trump. We'll find out who they are in about 8 years I think.

Considering the information about Trump and his campaign have come from a wide range of different sources within the IC can you explain how this supposed Russian mole would influence 17 different intelligence agencies to come to the same conclusions? We must be talking about an exceptionally powerful, high ranking official who would have authority over large swaths of the intelligence community, but presumably not a political appointee as they have changed between Trump and Obama and the conclusions have stayed the same. (if anything have gotten worse)

It would be helpful if you could at least outline the specific position or positions within the IC where you think such a mole might operate effectively from.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Considering the information about Trump and his campaign have come from a wide range of different sources within the IC can you explain how this supposed Russian mole would influence 17 different intelligence agencies to come to the same conclusions? We must be talking about an exceptionally powerful, high ranking official who would have authority over large swaths of the intelligence community, but presumably not a political appointee as they have changed between Trump and Obama and the conclusions have stayed the same. (if anything have gotten worse)

It would be helpful if you could at least outline the specific position or positions within the IC where you think such a mole might operate effectively from.

I'm not sure, I said we will find out in about 8 years when somebody with IC experience runs and gets elected President. Doesn't have to be a Russian mole, perhaps just a copycat of Putin, they may not even be receiving guidance from Putin or Russia.

I feel this way because the IC took down Hillary, and now they are taking down Trump. They probably took down Hillary before the election because there wouldn't have been enough evidence to impeach her once elected, so they were left with only being able to manipulate our perception and have her lose votes. With Trump, impeachment will be easy. What is the point of canning a candidate and a President? Just coincidence or is there some ulterior motive.

NesuD

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Trump was president of the company in 1973 and was 27 at the time. He was even named in the federal lawsuit against his company. I would absolutely judge someone for their actions when they were almost 30 and the president of the company. You can absolutely judge what happened in 1973 by today's standards when that standard is 'don't refuse to do business with people because they are black.'

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...illary-clinton-says-federal-government-sued-/

No actually you can't The country was still being dragged kicking and screaming into the changes caused by the civil rights movement. You cannot judge someone today by their actions 44 years before. The important thing to note is that there was a consent judgement that they agreed to to change the practice. Almost everyone in the real estate business was doing some version of that in those days. Check and see how many similar cases the Justice department was investigating in the entire country at that time. There were hundreds all across the country.To single out someone 44 years after the fact is wrong. If I held my Father to the things he said in the 1960s and 70s I would have to say I was raised by a racist. Guess what I wasn't He changed his views like the vast majority of white america did. So no you absolutely cannot judge someone by their opinions and actions of 44+ years before. People change, Society changes and most change with it. If we were to go with your theory about judging them on their actions far in the past what are we to do about Robert Byrd the former Democratic Senator from West Virginia? He was a card carrying member of the KKK for crying out loud and filibustered the civil rights act of 1964 for 14 hours. You know what we do we accept that people are imperfect and that they change. Byrd changed and the country moved on. No one dredged up his racist past at every opportunity to defame him. It was what it was. It was an ugly time in our history. We changed and we moved on.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I'm not sure, I said we will find out in about 8 years when somebody with IC experience runs and gets elected President. Doesn't have to be a Russian mole, perhaps just a copycat of Putin, they may not even be receiving guidance from Putin or Russia.

I feel this way because the IC took down Hillary, and now they are taking down Trump. They probably took down Hillary before the election because there wouldn't have been enough evidence to impeach her once elected, so they were left with only being able to manipulate our perception and have her lose votes. With Trump, impeachment will be easy. What is the point of canning a candidate and a President? Just coincidence or is there some ulterior motive.

I'm just having a hard time imagining what that person would be or even what such an individual would look like, considering the structure of our intelligence community. It's a very decentralized operation (which is why ODNI exists, after all) and even with the DNI he is more of a person to facilitate collaboration as opposed to someone who wields power over the conclusions of agencies. What you are describing just doesn't seem possible through the actions of a single individual, it would take quite a few.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
No actually you can't The country was still being dragged kicking and screaming into the changes caused by the civil rights movement. You cannot judge someone today by their actions 44 years before. The important thing to note is that there was a consent judgement that they agreed to to change the practice. Almost everyone in the real estate business was doing some version of that in those days. Check and see how many similar cases the Justice department was investigating in the entire country at that time. There were hundreds all across the country.To single out someone 44 years after the fact is wrong.

Saying that Trump's behavior was acceptable because other people in real estate were also refusing to provide service to black people is ridiculous and the DOJ was not suing 'almost everyone'. Then, the government had to go back after Trump a second time because of his continuing violations of the consent decree he signed.

If I held my Father to the things he said in the 1960s and 70s I would have to say I was raised by a racist. Guess what I wasn't He changed his views like the vast majority of white america did. So no you absolutely cannot judge someone by their opinions and actions of 44+ years before. People change, Society changes and most change with it. If we were to go with your theory about judging them on their actions far in the past what are we to do about Robert Byrd the former Democratic Senator from West Virginia? He was a card carrying member of the KKK for crying out loud and filibustered the civil rights act of 1964 for 14 hours. You know what we do we accept that people are imperfect and that they change. Byrd changed and the country moved on. No one dredged up his racist past at every opportunity to defame him. It was what it was. It was an ugly time in our history. We changed and we moved on.

Unlike Byrd, Trump has never said that his actions then were wrong, continues to defend them to this day, and continues to engage in racist and bigoted behavior. Hell, when asked about his unconscionably racist campaign to get the Central Park 5 executed after it turned out they were innocent his response was something to the effect of 'they were guilty anyway.' To put it lightly, maybe Trump needs to take some lessons from your dad.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
I'm just having a hard time imagining what that person would be or even what such an individual would look like, considering the structure of our intelligence community. It's a very decentralized operation (which is why ODNI exists, after all) and even with the DNI he is more of a person to facilitate collaboration as opposed to someone who wields power over the conclusions of agencies. What you are describing just doesn't seem possible through the actions of a single individual, it would take quite a few.

Sons of Liberty perhaps. Maybe they can make America free again once they tear down the government.

Feb 4, 2009
Meh, I don't care about something that happened in the 70s. Opinions have moved a lot since then many people have evolved on the issue. I'm not going to throw mud at Trump over this.

digiram

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2004
This made him even more popular among his supporters. Can't believe how but hurt they all were to see a black guy in office for 8 years.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016

I wonder if there will ever be any conservatives the least bit concerned about a racist figurehead. Maybe the more apropos statement would be instead of shooting someone in the middle of the street, will Trump lose any supporters if he joined the klan.