FBI is SCUM... Scum I tell you

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
It's a terrible mistake to think that way. 62M Americans couldn't spot the con in 2016 & some of them still can't see it today. Just because we can see through it doesn't mean it doesn't work on other people. He might be the greatest con artist who ever lived.

I think it's hard to say if Trump is a calculating and cunning con-artist, or if he just happens to be horribly dysfunctional in the way that fits the dysfunction of the country and the political system.

I think it's the latter. It's like evolution - a species doesn't consciously and cleverly _choose_ to mutate in the way that suits the environment, rather the right kind of mutation is selected for by that environment. The current political environment has selected for the particular kind of personality flaw that Trump happens to have. I don't think he's doing it out of a kind of malevolent brilliance, I don't think he could do anything other than what he does, because that's his nature.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I think it's hard to say if Trump is a calculating and cunning con-artist, or if he just happens to be horribly dysfunctional in the way that fits the dysfunction of the country and the political system.

I think it's the latter. It's like evolution - a species doesn't consciously and cleverly _choose_ to mutate in the way that suits the environment, rather the right kind of mutation is selected for by that environment. The current political environment has selected for the particular kind of personality flaw that Trump happens to have. I don't think he's doing it out of a kind of malevolent brilliance, I don't think he could do anything other than what he does, because that's his nature.

It's most definitely the latter. Trump's wealth, narcissism, racism, sexism and, especially, his petty vindictiveness towards the left, interface perfectly with the current conservative American world view.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
The party of Law and Order.... Lol

"[Trumps] have to start showing, more than they do, the respect and support that law enforcement deserves, and if they don’t give that support and respect, they might find themselves without the police protection they need."

-A Bloated Fat Man

• Love
Reactions: cytg111

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
"That's what I heard. I don't know,"

Trump has been watching too much Breaking Bad.

ShookKnight

Dec 12, 2019
Trump is human garbage - period.

Furthermore, it was proven that the FBI was anti-Hillary more than anything.

Say, does Trump's latest tantrum have anything to do with Virginia Roberts Guiffre being warned by the FBI?

Is Trump pissed off that she won't be "taken care of"?

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
There are 3 facts that Republicans have been trying, or are going to continue to hide from the American electorate at all costs:

1. Trump isn't a wealthy, self-made man. He runs spectacular con games using inherited and laundered money.
2. Trump isn't an intelligent, shrewd strategist. He's a bumbling incoherent ignoramus who needs to be handled by others.
3. Trump is a criminal, and numerous Republicans are inextricably entangled in his crimes.

Many Republicans may hate Trump, but they understand that their mythic house of cards comes tumbling down when these truths are exposed. There's no way, for example - they compel Trump to testify in impeachment trail, and they will continue to break laws to keep Trump's finances hidden.

The Republican party is 100% linked to Trump. It is the party of Trump now. They thought they could control him as a useful idiot, but his popularity within the Republican party means he controls them. The time to get rid of Trump was when he joined the primaries or when he won the primaries. Oh sure, they would have been breaking their own rules, but so what. What a few party rules compared to all the laws they are now breaking. It's possible that they would have lost very many votes by going against the will of their internal electorate. I've seen nothing to suggest that anything will turn a die-hard Republican voter against the Republican party and vote for a Democrat. But again, I think they saw Trump as candidate as a potential positive. Trump was a outsider with no political experience. Perhaps they believed Trump when he said he would get the best people as adviser's. Perhaps they thought Trump would actually listen to advice. Boy, were they wrong. But they cannot reverse direction now without get obliterated at the polls. They only thing that can save the Republican party is Republican voters not voting for them. They need to get obliterated even without reversing course, so that they can reverse course. I just don't see this happening though.

Reactions: TeeJay1952

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Trump is human garbage - period.

Furthermore, it was proven that the FBI was anti-Hillary more than anything.

Say, does Trump's latest tantrum have anything to do with Virginia Roberts Guiffre being warned by the FBI?

Is Trump pissed off that she won't be "taken care of"?

Why should Trump care? He doesn't know Prince Andrew. He's never met him.

• Haha
Reactions: ShookKnight

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Trying to convince people with images of the NBA and like them with Xi and then going Anti-Trump isn't going to win you the masses. Nothing you stated makes sense, it's just all random jumble, but a very strategic one, albeit.

I guess I'm not going to get a chance to hear from you what you're on about. I really have no clue. But if anyone else thought my post didn't make sense, ask, and I'll try to clarify my meaning.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
"FBI is scum" -- such an appropriate holiday sentiment coming from Satan's White-House Own.

I've been so overwhelmed with domestic responsibilities and no less paralyzed by the hearings that I hadn't thought about sending greetings cards this year, until I received one from a friend down the road.

Then, for a while, I thought I'd send one to the White House, but I doubt I'll take the time and effort.

I would need to drive to Michael's Arts & Crafts -- something of a hike down the highway when I can't afford to be away from the house for very long.

Michael's is the only place I could be sure to find black art-construction paper for a custom, homemade holiday card.

I thought I might get some white ink, pen the sentiment "Burn in Hell by New Year's", and sign it "Santa Claus -- wintering in So-Cal".

Well . . . . it seemed like a good idea, anyway . . .

• Haha
Reactions: Meghan54

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
IG Horowitz testified yesterday: "It's illegal surveillance. It's not court-authorized surveillance." Trump was right all along. Haters suck on it!

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
IG Horowitz testified yesterday: "It's illegal surveillance. It's not court-authorized surveillance." Trump was right all along. Haters suck on it!

Nice! Way to take testimony out of context. Are you lying on purpose or simply repeating talking points that you couldn’t be bothered to fact check?

Soon after, Graham asked him hypothetically whether it would spying if you “don’t have a legal foundation to surveil somebody, and you keep doing it.” (This was not a conclusion Horowitz actually reached about the surveillance of former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page.) Horowitz would say only: “It’s illegal surveillance. It’s not court-authorized surveillance.”

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Nice! Way to take testimony out of context. Are you lying on purpose or simply repeating talking points that you couldn’t be bothered to fact check?
What part of illegal surveillance don't you understand? The FISA was illegal, the spying on Trump's campaign was illegal, FBI = scum. Time to move them into a real Swamp, i.e. Louisiana or Mississippi. The DC consolidation of power of federal agencies needs to go, stat.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
What part of illegal surveillance don't you understand? The FISA was illegal, the spying on Trump's campaign was illegal, FBI = scum. Time to move them into a real Swamp, i.e. Louisiana or Mississippi. The DC consolidation of power of federal agencies needs to go, stat.

I guess you can’t read. You’ve been corrected and unless you have evidence to counter mine, I’ll consider it trolling and report you accordingly.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
I guess you can’t read. You’ve been corrected and unless you have evidence to counter mine, I’ll consider it trolling and report you accordingly.
I can't read? That's a personal insult. I'm reporting you. /eyeroll

<<After Horowitz explained that the Justice Department would’ve had to show “probable cause” to get permission to surveil Trump campaign foreign policy adviser Carter Page, Cornyn pointed out there were mistakes made in the FISA process.

“The court got inaccurate, incomplete information, agreed,” Horowitz said.
<<

So Horowitz says the surveillance was illegal as a result of the court getting inaccurate, incomplete information.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I can't read? That's a personal insult. I'm reporting you. /eyeroll

<<After Horowitz explained that the Justice Department would’ve had to show “probable cause” to get permission to surveil Trump campaign foreign policy adviser Carter Page, Cornyn pointed out there were mistakes made in the FISA process.

“The court got inaccurate, incomplete information, agreed,” Horowitz said.
<<

So Horowitz says the surveillance was illegal as a result of the court getting inaccurate, incomplete information.

When you use shit sources you get incorrect conclusions.

The report doesn’t say whether “any particular misstatement or omission” or a combination of them would have affected the approval of the wiretap, but Horowitz states that the top brass at the FBI and the DOJ should have been given “complete and accurate” information.

“That did not occur, and as a result, the surveillance of Carter Page continued even as the FBI gathered information that weakened the assessment of probable cause and made the FISA applications less accurate,” Horowitz concludes. In other words, these missteps left out evidence that may have worked in Page’s favor.

Show me where he said it was illegal.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The best part is that surveillance of an individual can't be said to be spying on a campaign when they already left the campaign. Funny how that works.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
When you use shit sources you get incorrect conclusions.

Show me where he said it was illegal.

Shit sources? It's got Newsguard's top rating (green), same as Vox. How are you more qualified than Newsguard again?

Need more proof? Another Newsguard green source for ya:

“A lawyer at the FBI creates fraudulent evidence, alters an email that is in turn used as the basis for a sworn statement to the court that the court relies on,” Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) said. “Am I stating that accurately?”

“That’s correct,” Horowitz confirmed. “That’s what occurred.”
Earlier during the hearing, Horowitz essentially implied to Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham that what the FBI did was tantamount to “illegal surveillance.”

The FBI's basis for spying on the Trump campaign was illegally procured. Please provide a green rated Newsguard source that can contradict this fact.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Shit sources? It's got Newsguard's top rating (green), same as Vox. How are you more qualified than Newsguard again?

Need more proof? Another Newsguard green source for ya:

“A lawyer at the FBI creates fraudulent evidence, alters an email that is in turn used as the basis for a sworn statement to the court that the court relies on,” Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) said. “Am I stating that accurately?”

“That’s correct,” Horowitz confirmed. “That’s what occurred.”
Earlier during the hearing, Horowitz essentially implied to Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham that what the FBI did was tantamount to “illegal surveillance.”

The FBI's basis for spying on the Trump campaign was illegally procured. Please provide a green rated Newsguard source that can contradict this fact.

ahahah!! You’ve got newsguard!? and then had the audacity to link to a shit site like the daily wire AND quote Republicans to back your claim? Lol!

I backed my claim using the full context of the quote.

Troll on.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
What is the defense the conservatives are pushing?

"We won't dispute the weapon, the bloodly fingerprints, or the dead body found in Trump's car, ... But... The cop stuttered when he read him his rights, so totally unfair, totally illegal, we must acquit."

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
What is the defense the conservatives are pushing?

"We won't dispute the weapon, the bloodly fingerprints, or the dead body found in Trump's car, ... But... The cop stuttered when he read him his rights, so totally unfair, totally illegal, we must acquit."

They aren’t defending him, they are obstructing and deflecting to anything and everything but trump.

I look forward to the ads that will run that will take Moscow mitch’s own words on fox abdicating his sworn duties to protect our democracy, to ensure congress is a coequal Branch of government, and to hold the president accountable. The fact that Mitch has the balls to go on tv and say openly that they will take the president’s position and will make sure he’s not removed from office, shows how bad republicans are for our democracy.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Is that legal under the new rules? Blatantly not true. Leningrad Lindsey said that, not Horowitz.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009

Naaa....you seem to be sucking on it well enough for everyone.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Is that legal under the new rules? Blatantly not true. Leningrad Lindsey said that, not Horowitz.
Wrong, it's a direct quote from horowitz. Let me spell it out for you: i-l-l-e-g-a-l s-u-r-v-e-i-l-l-a-n-c-e. Also, who aligns themselves with deep state stooges like Comey? Wait until the indictments come after Durham is done. Y'all think you're upset now...