FBI Arrests 3 Alleged Members Of White Supremacist Group Ahead Of Richmond Rally

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Welp..Credit where it's due, it looks like the organizers and protesters have managed to keep this a bloodless event. Having given them that credit, I'm fresh out of praise for this overwhelmingly white overwhelming male crowd of paranoid conspiracy theorists who think that parading around in Call of Duty costumes with massive weaponry is a good way to spend MLK Day. But, hey..this is today's America. Nothing really surprises anymore.

alcoholbob

Diamond Member
May 24, 2005
And another three arrested:

"The Floyd County, Ga., Police Department says Luke Austin Lane, 21, Michael John Helterbrand, 25, and Jacob Kaderli, 19, were "allegedly involved in a white supremacist group with plans to overthrow the government" and to kill a married couple whom they identified as having high-profile roles in the far-left group Antifa."

But remember, Antifa is the devil.

Curious they named themselves after Al-Qaeda. Reminds me of the story of the White Supremacist that converted to Islam and then killed 2 room mates for disrespecting his faith. I find it amusing how these guys are such a internal contradiction and seem to love what they hate.

Reactions: DarthKyrie
Feb 16, 2005
giphy.gif

dphantom

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2005
I can't help but be irked by the timing of this given the context.

It's largely a horde of overly entitled white guys, at least a handful of them likely to be racists, making vague threats of violence... on MLK Day. At best, it's tone deaf to MLK's advocacy of peaceful protests; at worst, it's a not-so-subtle threat to the black community.
So this wasn't a peaceful gathering? I missed the news tonight of the violence that occurred.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
They named themselves after AL-QAEDA. You can't make this shit up.
You know what it proves? Those people are susceptible and suggestible beyond belief to propaganda repetition.

The media has dubbed Trump's following as "The Base" for a long time -- "Trump's Base" -- "The Base".

It's a political term for "base of support". I don't think the "Lame-Stream Media" has conspired to influence a target audience, and I don't think it's a deliberate attempt at propaganda. But it's "repetition".

So the chuckleheads thoughtlessly decided that "The Base" is good enough, without thought to Al Qaeda.

It just shows what a bunch of thoughtless lemmings they are.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
So this wasn't a peaceful gathering? I missed the news tonight of the violence that occurred.
Absent the arrests we likely would have had a repeat event by those "very fine people".

I guess that's how rednecks "celebrate" MLK day. A holiday most of them did not want. We're gonna use the day of the uppity negro and go out indimidatin'

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
"1776 for all Americans"....wth is that supposed to even mean?
It's basically voter intimidation thinly veiled behind gun rights. They're threatening to violently overthrow the govt if the election this fall doesn't go their way.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
It's basically voter intimidation thinly veiled behind gun rights. They're threatening to violently overthrow the govt if the election this fall doesn't go their way.

They're sure the only way Trump could lose would be massive voter fraud. That's the only reason he lost the popular vote in 2016, isn't it? Thank God the electoral college thwarted the evil plot. Oh, and it was Ukraine who hacked the DNC to make Russia look bad. The server... they say Ukraine has it. Never forget that the Ayatollah is responsible for the bowling green massacre. Imminent threats! Sharia Law! Mexican rapists! Be afraid! Protect the white wimmens!

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Liberals need to shut up with the gun control bullshit, buy guns, and confront this imminent threat to our freedom head-on.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Surely this is Antifa's fault...
Lol... could you imagine how these same 'Patriots' would shit their fucking drawers if antifa ever marched armed through city streets like this?
That alone is proof that they don't support everyone's 2a rights, just their own.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Welp..Credit where it's due, it looks like the organizers and protesters have managed to keep this a bloodless event. Having given them that credit, I'm fresh out of praise for this overwhelmingly white overwhelming male crowd of paranoid conspiracy theorists who think that parading around in Call of Duty costumes with massive weaponry is a good way to spend MLK Day. But, hey..this is today's America. Nothing really surprises anymore.
Amazing what happens when alt-left troublemakers do not participate in a protests. The narrative created by the media and Governor Blackface was guaranteeing that it would have been WW3 with all those evil whiteys and guns in the same place.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Amazing what happens when alt-left troublemakers do not participate in a protests. The narrative created by the media and Governor Blackface was guaranteeing that it would have been WW3 with all those evil whiteys and guns in the same place.

It's clear that people who march behind the slogan "Guns save lives" are beyond reason so there's no point in confronting them. It's one of the stupidest thing I ever heard. Defibrillators save lives. Narcan saves lives. Guns only take them.