FBI Arrests 3 Alleged Members Of White Supremacist Group Ahead Of Richmond Rally

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Watching the pics of this rally on Twitter is somehow making me more skeptical of private gun ownership than ever and I’m a long time gun owner. All these cosplaying douches with kitted out in masks and absurd gear. What a display of super fragile masculinity.

if your rally requires you to wear a mask and you don't live under an oppressive government, shouldn't you be asking yourself about the cause the rally is supporting?

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
There's only 370 million plus unregistered firearms in this country (according to wikipedia fwiw). Gun control is a lost cause in this country. Dems would be better off to focus on everything else and let this country continue to be the only rootin' tootin' one. They'd probably help/save more people by doing so and they'd stand less chance of losing elections over those issues. Maybe tackle hospital mistakes, a recent study said over 400,000 Americans die each year from mistakes....

We have 120 guns per 100 people. Next on the list is Falkland Islands with 62. LOL! There's no large, western country in the ballpark until iirc Finland in the 30s. It's a lost cause. Shootings should be seen here like lightning strikes, you try to get in out of a storm but some people are going to get hit. Go on with life.

Gun ownership is not based on need, or logic, or facts. The facts are completely against the idea. So any "solution" won't involve logic or facts. Hell a ton of people think we'd be safer with MORE guns LOL!

Reactions: thilanliyan

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
if your rally requires you to wear a mask and you don't live under an oppressive government, shouldn't you be asking yourself about the cause the rally is supporting?

Given the day chosen it seems extremely obvious what this is actually about.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
There's only 370 million plus unregistered firearms in this country (according to wikipedia fwiw). Gun control is a lost cause in this country. Dems would be better off to focus on everything else and let this country continue to be the only rootin' tootin' one. They'd probably help/save more people by doing so and they'd stand less chance of losing elections over those issues. Maybe tackle hospital mistakes, a recent study said over 400,000 Americans die each year from mistakes....

We have 120 guns per 100 people. Next on the list is Falkland Islands with 62. LOL! There's no large, western country in the ballpark until iirc Finland in the 30s. It's a lost cause. Shootings should be seen here like lightning strikes, you try to get in out of a storm but some people are going to get hit. Go on with life.

Gun ownership is not based on need, or logic, or facts. The facts are completely against the idea. So any "solution" won't involve logic or facts. Hell a ton of people think we'd be safer with MORE guns LOL!

Wrong thread?

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
In all fairness anyone that goes to or near these rally's or any major event are being watched/recorded in UHD and their cell info is being logged. Besides, any government can turn oppressive. I give it about 2 to 3 more years if things stay the same.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
haha, Alex Jones is there. Nothing like inviting another grifter to join the rally on "totally didn't mean to" MLK day.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
How many times have you and others used this line when "very fine people" are arrested. I'm just surprised you didn't use it now.
Uh.... Reading is fundemental.... I've stated twice in this thread I'm glad they were arrested.

Now what were you saying?

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
I can't help but be irked by the timing of this given the context.

It's largely a horde of overly entitled white guys, at least a handful of them likely to be racists, making vague threats of violence... on MLK Day. At best, it's tone deaf to MLK's advocacy of peaceful protests; at worst, it's a not-so-subtle threat to the black community.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000

It's largely a horde of overly entitled white guys, at least a handful of them likely to be racists, making vague threats of violence... on MLK Day. At best, it's tone deaf to MLK's advocacy of peaceful protests; at worst, it's a not-so-subtle threat to the black community.

Hey now, didn’t you know there are plenty of black folk on the right side of the aisle who are pro 2A too??
e070a62c1b3276bfd26845a281855b21.jpg

• Wow
Nov 25, 2013

It's deliberate.