favorite songs for subs?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Viper GTS
Hmm...

This thread has my name written all over it.

viper GTS

lol...I guess you're gonna be showing those babies off (yes, he made more than one :Q) for a while, eh? :) I'm actually thinking about picking up a quick DIY kit for some superELFs to replace my quints as surrounds and center. (stupid matching center and surrounds are gonna set me back another 1000 eventually)

As for bass...if you really want to test out your sub and know it's real limits, using the command line in foobar, create frequency tests starting at 50->40->30->25->20->??? How low do you really think yours will go? :)

Song wise...hard to say. Lots of my music has heavy bass...I guess Ministry of Sound is a good one. D&B tracks are great for punchy bass too.

hjo3

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
waylman:
> ummmm....they dont have a bass player

Even so, that song has a lot of bass (as in low-frequency sounds) in it. It sounds good on system with a powerful subwoofer. Just my 2 cents.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
The two songs I use:

Daz Dillinger - My System
Billy Joel - River of Dreams

The first one just has low and loud bass throughout the whole song. The words are pretty worthless. The second song has a very low, very quick bass line throughout the song. Most subs will make it sound like one big blur, mixing all the notes together. Your better subs will allow you to distinguish the notes.

And in case you care, I have a Brahma 12 :)
If you're into the metal stuff, Fear Factory - Obsolete is a pretty good album on subs. I wouldn't reccomend running 15's cuz the guy's double-kick is like a machine gun and your sub will be sloppy as hell.
No it won't. If it comes from a crappy company that uses the same motor on their 15 as they do on their 8, then yes, it will be. But a 15 from any of your reputable companies will sound fine.

IEatChildren

Jul 4, 2003
Portishead - Numb

The beat's not too loud, but the bass is very nice. It's trip-hop, but the not-so-rap kind. Very smooth bass and vocals.

If you're trying to punch a hole through the wall with your sub, then most Prodigy songs should do the trick.

Doggiedog

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
KLF

It's either the Blue Room or the White Room. I forget. Awesome bass in some songs.

Edit: Rick Astley's dance songs like Never gonna give you up also have pretty good bass.