Favorite bike from American Chopper?

NTB

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2001
Inspired by this thread.

Just curious. It seems like they'd be a pain to ride (quite literally for the hardtail bikes), but they do look neat. I thought the Black Widow was pretty cool; the Nascar bike ($150k! Holy Cr@p!) was good to. The fireman's bike was neat, and the idea behind it admirable, but it looked like a Tonka toy to me.

Nate

jlarsson

Golden Member
Jul 31, 2001
I personally like the Cody project, its simple yet looks really nice. Also, the black widow is definetely up there as well.

sohcrates

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2000
just watched my first episode last night. paul and cody were building a retro bike up in the new shop.

i liked that airplane bomber bike the best i think (was that american chopper? i forget)

i think i'm gonna quit my day job and build bikes for a living

NTB

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2001
Originally posted by: jlarsson
I personally like the Cody project, its simple yet looks really nice. Also, the black widow is definetely up there as well.

I was watching that one last night - it does look nice. This can't be it though; the one last night had an old Indian-style seat, and the paintjob was black. I saw the show where they sold this green bike, and then saw the Cody project show last night, and was wondering about this then, too.

Nate

astroz

Jun 15, 2003
They do some fantastic work building those machines.
One of my favs is the one built to honor the 343 NY firefighters
that lost their lives on 9/11.

Find out more here A Very Proper Chopper

NTB

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2001
pliablemoose -

The trimspa was the Daytona bike, wasn't it? The one that had suspension problems - they had to clear out the hotel room and use it for a garage overnight to replace the air ride suspension. I'll bet the hotel management got a kick out of that :D

Nate

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Saw this show for first time a week back. I can't say why but I found it very interesting. I saw them make the NYFD bike. It was coolio :)

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: NTB
pliablemoose -

The trimspa was the Daytona bike, wasn't it? The one that had suspension problems - they had to clear out the hotel room and use it for a garage overnight to replace the air ride suspension. I'll bet the hotel management got a kick out of that :D

Nate

Didn't see the show, like the pic on the website..

todpod

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2001
I have a question? I just watch the last couple of episodes, the fire truck bike was cool, esp the carb. But which one is the biggest A-Hole the father or son?

BTW I went to AMI in Daytona Beach for Marine engines.

astroz

Jun 15, 2003
In the few episodes that I have watched, in my opinion the father is more of an A-hole.
Never have seen Paulie blow up on his father, like he does on him.
Sure they get into some heated discussion, but the father is more volatile.
That being said, I also believe the father is playing up to the camera at times.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: astroz
In the few episodes that I have watched, in my opinion the father is more of an A-hole.
That being said, I also believe the father is playing up to the camera at times.
He is definitely a little headstrong. The show where they made the NYPD bike sr. said he'd never been more proud of his son. He's just a big old biker dude but doesn't seem like a bad guy. Jr though I like a lot. He seems very even keel and works hard.

NTB

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Originally posted by: astroz
He is definitely a little headstrong. The show where they made the NYPD bike sr. said he'd never been more proud of his son. He's just a big old biker dude but doesn't seem like a bad guy. Jr though I like a lot. He seems very even keel and works hard.

I agree - the two Pauls seem to have a "Coach's son" thing going; the son either gets treated like a king or, intentionally or not, (as in this case) gets treated like sh!t. Pushed harder, yelled at more, etc. The expectations are different for him than the rest of the team. Jr. seems to take it fairly well though, and apparently can give as good as he gets. Other than this, he seems like a nice guy; just look at what he's doing and what he says about Cody. And what he says about his own sons, despite all the hot air he blows off in the shop.

Nate

mikebb

May 21, 2001
The new retro bike they're building now looks like it should be cool (I'm partial to something not-SO-flashy)

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: Antisocial-Virge
Personally, I like they are getting too much crap bolted on them. Keep it simple...keep it Jessie James

I agree :)

friedpie

Oct 1, 2002
I liked the Fire Bike the best.

I also liked the Jet Bike because I was in the Air Force.

I can't wait to see what the Stealth bike looks like.

It's a great show. I like it more than the hokey Monster Garage and all the cheesy announcing on that show.

Bikes are just friggin' cool. Wish I was a millionaire and could afford one. Even the rather simple Cody bike sold for $55k, that's about as much as Lincoln Navigator.

Supermercado

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
I think the FDNY bike is my favorite so far. Although they did show a sweet one in last week's show, I think it was; it was at the show where they sold the Cody project, I think. It won whatever competition they were having. Rat Hole something or other. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished Comanche bike, though. If the gas tank is any indication of the final product, that bike is going to be something else. I don't think they're going to complete it this week, though. At least, that's what it looks like from Discovery Channel's website. They've got a Commanche 3 episode listed.

austin316

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2001
My favorite bike is the black widow. Its on their homepage right now. Not to be confused with the spider man bike. Also, both Pauls will be on the tonight show this friday. worth watching I imagine. Then again, its friday night, so I'll prolly be out at the bars. dam I need a tivo.