Father Pulls Gun on Youth Coach, Police Say

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
And the drama with youth sports and coaches continues...

Pic and more story here:

http://www.local6.com/spotlight/10142299/detail.html

Father Pulls Gun on Youth Coach, Police Say
AP
PHILADELPHIA (Oct. 23) - A father pulled a gun on a youth football coach because his son wasn't getting enough playing time, police said.

Wayne Derkotch, 40, was arguing with the coach Sunday morning during a game of 6- and 7-year-olds in northeast Philadelphia when he pulled out the gun, police said.

No shots were fired and no one required medical treatment, authorities said.

Derkotch was charged with aggravated assault, simple assault and reckless endangerment. He did not immediately return a telephone message left at his home Monday.

A referee who allegedly threw a punch at a man was also arrested on assault charges, but it was not clear if that fight was related to the first altercation, police spokeswoman Lisa Rotolo said.

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
first they ban the game of tag, now I can't assault youth coaches with my ak-47? Wtf is this world coming to?

txrandom

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2004
I'd be mad if my kid was mad to sit out a lot, but it depends on the leagues rules. I use to play baseball and one time the coach sat me out 2 or 3 innings in a row. The limit was 1 or 2 and my parents complained to him about it. I'm not going to pay money to sit on the bench all day.

countryboy

Oct 23, 2006
Originally posted by: txrandom
I'd be mad if my kid was mad to sit out a lot, but it depends on the leagues rules. I use to play baseball and one time the coach sat me out 2 or 3 innings in a row. The limit was 1 or 2 and my parents complained to him about it. I'm not going to pay money to sit on the bench all day.

That sucks.. the only solution to that problem is to blow the coaches head clean off!

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Why are people so goddamned obsessed over these games? Greedy, deluded parents gambling on the chance that their kid will be a millionaire all-star player?

thegimp03

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2004
Man, this seems to be a growing problem. Parents need to stay on the sidelines where they belong.

BAMAVOO

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
:roll:Dude it is all these rednecks in Tennessee doing it because they own guns and hunt.

Err..Philadelphia, why you must be kidding me.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: Zap Brannigan
Can this thread go in the Politics and News section where it belongs?

This is exactly the kind of news thread that does NOT belong in P&N.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Citrix
Can this thread go in the Politics and News section where it belongs?

who are you the topic police?

Hardly, I'm just not interested in "news" updates about random nutcakes.

then don't click the fvcking thread...can you really be that stupid?