Father kills teen for dating his daughter

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
While quite the headline "Two white police officers murder unarmed Black teen for dating their daughter" the truth is based on the story linked the crime had nothing to do with either of the daughter's parent's being cops and the act does not appear to have been committed under color of their authority as cops.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
The father has been arrested and charged. Police could not find evidence to support charging the wife.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/oklahoma-cop-charged-with-killing-daughters-boyfriend/

TULSA, Okla. - An Oklahoma police officer was charged Monday with first-degree murder in the off-duty shooting death of his daughter's boyfriend earlier this month.

Shannon Kepler, 54, was charged in the Aug. 5 death of 19-year-old Jeremey Lake. Kepler, a 24-year veteran of the Tulsa police force, also was charged with one count of shooting with intent to kill because prosecutors say he shot at his 18-year-old daughter during the alleged confrontation in which Lake was killed.

Kepler's wife and fellow officer, 48-year-old Gina Kepler, was not charged Monday because prosecutors said there wasn't evidence to support it. She'd been arrested along with her husband on a complaint of being an accessory after the fact of murder.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Comments OP?

I think this is solidly in the WTF category. First who drops their kid off at a homeless shelter? And then gets so overly protective kills her new boyfriend?

The story does say he had been suspended twice without pay, so I am guessing he was quite the hot head.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Nothing in the story suggests he used his authority and power as a cop to commit this crime or cover it up. Nothing suggests this had anything to do with race.

So, pretty much, the thread title should be "guy shoots other guy dating his daughter". But, I guess I wouldn't have clicked it then. So, good work OP!

At least, this is better than that story about the dad who caught a guy in her daughter's room and shot him when his daughter wouldn't admit she was banging the poor guy.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Comments OP?

I think this is solidly in the WTF category. First who drops their kid off at a homeless shelter? And then gets so overly protective kills her new boyfriend?

The story does say he had been suspended twice without pay, so I am guessing he was quite the hot head.

IIRC, it was his wife who was suspended twice without pay, she's an officer as well.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Strange story and solidly in the WTF status.

Not sure if racial or not, but basically this is a case of father killing boyfriend of daughter without any apparent reason. The only strange bits is the father is a police officer, although not in uniform at the time, and the boyfriend was black while the family is white. It could be racially motivated, but who knows. Certainly fucked up though for a story regardless.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
so mom and dad kick their 18 year old out of the house and drop her off at a homless shelter? I wonder what lead up to that, not that it has anything to do with dad going on a homicidal rampage.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Fail.

53eea169a8bec.image.jpg

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
News from two weeks ago posted today.

Let's dispense with the formalities and go right to the meat of it.

How shall we begin the discussion of how this news event proves or disproves Darren Wilson as a racist murderer?

:)

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
News from two weeks ago posted today.

Let's dispense with the formalities and go right to the meat of it.

How shall we begin the discussion of how this news event proves or disproves Darren Wilson as a racist murderer?

:)

Clearly disproves it. Had Darren Wilson been a racist murder, there would have been, at the very least, one teenage girl at the scene.

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
another white cop killing a black male story? you'll see more of these. the only way to implement marshal's law is to create a race riot in this country.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
Nothing in the story suggests he used his authority and power as a cop to commit this crime or cover it up. Nothing suggests this had anything to do with race.

So, pretty much, the thread title should be "guy shoots other guy dating his daughter". But, I guess I wouldn't have clicked it then. So, good work OP!

At least, this is better than that story about the dad who caught a guy in her daughter's room and shot him when his daughter wouldn't admit she was banging the poor guy.

There really is no "off duty" when you are a cop. Sure, you may not be on the payroll when something happens in front of you (robbery, etc) but you do take action like an on duty cop would. Stating that, there is also the issue of being held to a higher standard as an officer of the law. My opinion is that this guy was probably a nasty cop to certain individuals and getting him permanently off the beat will be a plus for the locals.

While he didn't murder the guy while on the beat, he knew his actions were illegal and yet he went ahead and did it. Not only that but he even tried to kill his own daughter. That speaks of anger issues, lack of self control and a warped mindset.

Defend the cops all you want but a bad cop is still a bad cop and people like this guy is what gives all cops a bad name.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
While quite the headline "Two white police officers murder unarmed Black teen for dating their daughter" the truth is based on the story linked the crime had nothing to do with either of the daughter's parent's being cops and the act does not appear to have been committed under color of their authority as cops.
Um, one could just as easily make the case that Michael Brown does not appear to have committed assault and strong-arm robbery under color of his authority as a young black man, no?

Not my call, obviously, but seems to me that the title was accurate. It did not claim they murdered him for being black, and if that's the natural assumption . . . Well, it's pretty much still the natural assumption. Obviously it might be a WRONG assumption, but I don't see that as negating the title.

Love ya, Alison, please don't smite me! :D

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
It's not that hard to start up a race war of the news.

I pulled up a page memorializing all the officers killed in the line of duty. Just started googling those killed by gunfire starting with the most recent, and of the 4 most recent officers killed by gunfire, 3 were committed by a black man, the other by a white man. 3 of the officers were white, and the 4th was very light hispanic. I don't know how the trend continues beyond that, I'm not interested in such topics.

Most would find posting a line of such threads in the forums to be highly racist and deserving of a long vacation away from the forums.

So then why is it tolerated for someone to cherry pick a news article about a black person killed by a white officer? This article wasn't posted out of the general concern for the news, it was specifically picked because of the skin colors and professions of the people involved.

Last edited:

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
I'm not sure the victim was black. He was possibly mixed race.

I also don't see where it's claimed that the father shot him because he was dating the daughter. Another site claimed that the two got into an argument but didn't say about what.

Fern

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
It's not that hard to start up a race war of the news.

I pulled up a page memorializing all the officers killed in the line of duty. Just started googling those killed by gunfire starting with the most recent, and of the 4 most recent officers killed by gunfire, 3 were committed by a black man, the other by a white man. 3 of the officers were white, and the 4th was very light hispanic. I don't know how the trend continues beyond that, I'm not interested in such topics.

Most would find posting a line of such threads in the forums to be highly racist and deserving of a long vacation away from the forums.

So then why is it tolerated for someone to cherry pick a news article about a black person killed by a white officer? This article wasn't posted out of the general concern for the news, it was specifically picked because of the skin colors and professions of the people involved.
<sigh> I seem to be having a wishy-washy day. That's a very good point.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
This.

Dad sounds like a nutjob.

Yea, they said the crazy fucker just pulled up on the two of them and gunned the kid down. They are also charging him with intent to kill his daughter because he shot at her too.

Shit..

I'm not sure the victim was black. He was possibly mixed race.

Fern

Oh, please share with us how you came to this conclusion.

Last edited: