Father finds crayon written note in son's bag, get this BS!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

drebo

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
There's a lot of missing info here. What is the context of it all?

Your wiillful ignorance is astounding.

What more context do you need? Lawyer came in and taught the kids about the bill of rights. Then the teacher made them right that sentence. That's pretty straightforward to me.

This is another case of a teacher shoving their beliefs onto the kid.

I'd be willing to bet if the teacher had made the kids write "God created the world 6000 years ago and that is fact" that you wouldn't care what the context was, you'd be lining up for a lynch mob.

The teacher is wrong, whatever the context was, and she should be corrected.

Also, those who are willing to give up their freedoms for the illusion of security deserve neither freedom nor security. They are, and always will be, slaves.

Apr 27, 2012
The lawyer and teacher are both disgusting pieces of shit and pathetic excuses for human beings. Both of them must be fired for this. What they did is just wrong.

Murloc

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2008
could be a fake story. Why would a teacher express his political opinions in class, and evne make the kids write it down?
I wouldn't give up my job for indoctrinating a few pupils.

drebo

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
could be a fake story. Why would a teacher express his political opinions in class, and evne make the kids write it down?

The teacher obviously didn't think she was doing anything wrong.

She was mistaken.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
IF true the teacher should be fired. This is not the first story like this i have read in the last week.

saying that i do have doubts on the truth of the story. This was supposed to be a assignment? why was it written in crayon? this is 4th grade not 1st hell even then they don't do work in crayon unless its coloring. Why was it not done in pencil? Also why did the dad who found it email to the blaze and not call the school? there are steps a parent should fallow and he did not do it.

i don't give a shit about context like others are trying to do. that really does not matter. there is not context that having a child do something like this is ok. They should not be trying to teach children to give up rights but strengthening why we have them.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Stop beating around the bush and just tell us whats coming since you obviously
know so much.

I think he is saying weeds are coming. not sure though.

I hate weeds i just want my veggies to grow damnit!

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
don't you know??? they are not you kids anymore. Elections have consequences.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
all I have to say is Jesus Loves you !!!!!

I would also complain if my grandkids came home and said a teacher forced them to write that down in class. You can't have educators that try to force their own political and/or religious opinions on kids in a public school classroom.

Attic

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2010

Not sure if you're serious. It happens all the time at all levels of the educational system in the USA.

Recent example here from one of those tolerant left college professors from USC.
http://www.americanthinker.com/vide...stupid_racist_republicans_in_every_class.html

This will not cost him his job, tolerance is a double standard for many of those who claim to wear its halo above their hateful rhetoric.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
Not sure if you're serious. It happens all the time at all levels of the educational system in the USA.

Recent example here from one of those tolerant left college professors from USC.
http://www.americanthinker.com/vide...stupid_racist_republicans_in_every_class.html

This will not cost him his job, tolerance is a double standard for many of those who claim to wear its halo above their hateful rhetoric.

I've watched seven minutes of that professor's rants so far and don't get what the big deal is. Just some old Democrat dude rambling on about partisan politics, but not especially angrily and not at all vulgarly. College kids are old enough to make up their own minds.

EDIT: Out of boredom I got further into the video and I think the part where a student brought up the triviality of the "binders full of women" thing and the professor suggested that Romney's Mormonism induced it could be offensive. Otherwise, eh.

Last edited:

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
In the future, AT's forum gets corrupted and all that's left of the OP is:

wl.

"I am willing to give up some of my constitutional rights in order to be safer or more secure."

They're t

Imagine the outrage and threads that spurs.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
I would also complain if my grandkids came home and said a teacher forced them to write that down in class. You can't have educators that try to force their own political and/or religious opinions on kids in a public school classroom.
Playing devil’s advocate here. How do you know it's not part of the curriculum?

We know it's going on in secondary education. This type of behavior is very prevalent and arguably more sophisticated. Are we naive to think that it hasn't filtered down to primary education? This is rather blatant. How much is going on that is more subtle? How much is contained within the classroom that does not come home in a backpack? Al Gore has publicly told students not to listen to their parents.

Something’s rotten and this ain't Denmark.

Attic

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2010
I've watched seven minutes of that professor's rants so far and don't get what the big deal is. Just some old Democrat dude rambling on about partisan politics, but not especially angrily and not at all vulgarly. College kids are old enough to make up their own minds.

EDIT: Out of boredom I got further into the video and I think the part where a student brought up the triviality of the "binders full of women" thing and the professor suggested that Romney's Mormonism induced it could be offensive. Otherwise, eh.

We have completely different takes. If he were just an old democrat what he says would be offensive but understandable on a bad day or moment. His a university professor using some hateful and debasing language to demean the right. College kids are impressionable, at least the majority from what I've seen. It's likely a few of his pupils will mimic the Ashe divisive and demeaning rhetoric from this professor because it didn't come from a friend or family, but a university professor. Undergrad College age I don't consider independent or experienced.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
http://news.yahoo.com/dad-furious-finding-crayon-written-paper-florida-4th-124614291.html

The words are written in crayon, in the haphazard bumpiness of a child's scrawl.

"I am willing to give up some of my constitutional rights in order to be safer or more secure."

They're the words that Florida father Aaron Harvey was stunned to find his fourth-grade son had written, after a lesson in school about the Constitution.

Florida 4th Grader Brings Home Paper That Says, I Am Willing to Give Up Some of My Constitutional Rights in Order to Be Safer...paper
Aaron Harvey's son wrote as part of a school lesson, "I am willing to give up some of my constitutional rights in order to be safer or more secure." TheBlaze has redacted the child's name.

Harvey's son attends Cedar Hills Elementary in Jacksonville, Fla. Back in January, a local attorney came in to teach the students about the Bill of Rights. But after the attorney left, fourth-grade teacher Cheryl Sabb dictated the sentence to part of the class and had them copy it down, he said.

I think I drove by that one when I was stationed down there.

mchammer187

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2000
I would say the majority of people feel the same way.

The Patriot Act and the like curb our constitutional rights than any AWB or expanded background check law ever could.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
IF true the teacher should be fired. This is not the first story like this i have read in the last week.

saying that i do have doubts on the truth of the story. This was supposed to be a assignment? why was it written in crayon? this is 4th grade not 1st hell even then they don't do work in crayon unless its coloring. Why was it not done in pencil? Also why did the dad who found it email to the blaze and not call the school? there are steps a parent should fallow and he did not do it.

i don't give a shit about context like others are trying to do. that really does not matter. there is not context that having a child do something like this is ok. They should not be trying to teach children to give up rights but strengthening why we have them.

Well IF is big IF.

Did it happen at all? Did the teacher cause this? Was it "write down if you would would surrender liberty or if you would not..."

There's too much uncertainty. Crayons? Something seems amiss.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Eh.... I'll wait for the whole story to come out. In the meantime, this is exactly like the "stomp on Jesus" thread.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
What?

The professor didn't demand but asked but its still part of the same theme which is an attack on Christianity.

Sure. You purposefully posted a half story and didn't bother to follow through with revealing the truth...so we took it upon ourselves, you looked like an idiot and then you stopped posting.

I'll wait for the full story on this thread too.

Well IF is big IF.

Did it happen at all? Did the teacher cause this? Was it "write down if you would would surrender liberty or if you would not..."

There's too much uncertainty. Crayons? Something seems amiss.

Exactly. The full story (both sides) is always the best story to form an opinion on.

Angry Irishman

Golden Member
Jan 25, 2010
Eh.... I'll wait for the whole story to come out. In the meantime, this is exactly like the "stomp on Jesus" thread.

So if you witnessed this live in person, with another witness, and had the whole incident notarized by the Supreme Court...then what would your thoughts be on the situation?

Last edited: