Father beats molester to a pulp after he sees him molesting son

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
He doesn't have a case. No lawyer would defend him.

I'd like to think that, but we've all seen ridiculous lawsuits. Lawyers have nothing to lose, they make money whether they lose or win. But I think something like this situation even a lawyer would probably not touch, so yeah he more then likely has no case.

Rakehellion

Lifer
Jan 15, 2013
I'd like to think that, but we've all seen ridiculous lawsuits. Lawyers have nothing to lose, they make money whether they lose or win. But I think something like this situation even a lawyer would probably not touch, so yeah he more then likely has no case.

I'd wager a guess that this kid isn't rich enough to fund a losing lawsuit.

And really, he was assaulted during the commission of a crime. He has no case.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
No matter how hard you try it isn't going to work. Don't you know that at least half of ATOTers are criminal defense lawyers ... and the other half want to be.
actually most of us make well over 6 figures a year.....put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
It's a horrible crime the molester committed.

It's wrong of the father to use excessive violence. That's what the criminal system is for.

It's wrong if the father can't be convicted for his own crime of the excessive violence.

It's wrong is the molester is harmed in prison beyond the sentence.

25 years seems excessive as a punishment.

We need to do more for preventing pedophile acts which includes offering the treatment we can and programs to prevent their having the opportunity.

I don't like mobs calling for violence and murder. Society deserves protection from the molestation of children, not to commit its own wrong violent acts.

Brian Stirling

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
It does look like the father did some heavy hammering on the punk and if there was a lesser reason he'd likely be in trouble with the law. In this case, however, there can be little doubt that the father reacted with rage seeing his son being molested and that his act was NOT premeditated. He's permitted to use force to stop the molestation and once the genie is out of the bag the rage can easily go as far as it did.

Imagine if it was your son being abused like that -- what would YOU do. Most juror's would be hard pressed to convict a father for this. Not many prosecutors would work all that hard to try this man for protecting his son.

Brian

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Looks like he tripped and fell to me.

A cop once told me, if you face a burglar in your house and beat him up, you just say he fell down and they wont really give you trouble. We don't have castle laws here though so technically you could be charged but they'll look away if they can. I guess you can't hack the body in a bunch of pieces though. "But officer, he tripped and fell on his knife!" :biggrin:

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
25 years. You guys think it was worth it for him and his son? The son now has no father to teach him stuff, his father has to watch his son grow up and then some from behind a prison cell.
While the teen, despite his beating will very likely always have a thing for little kids and it'll probably happen again.

The only good that came out of this story is the satisfaction people behind a computer get apparently.

DaTT

Garage Moderator
Feb 13, 2003
25 years. You guys think it was worth it for him and his son? The son now has no father to teach him stuff, his father has to watch his son grow up and then some from behind a prison cell.
While the teen, despite his beating will very likely always have a thing for little kids and it'll probably happen again.

The only good that came out of this story is the satisfaction people behind a computer get apparently.

Re-read.....wow

Father was not charged.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009

It's wrong of the father to use excessive violence. That's what the criminal system is for.

It's wrong if the father can't be convicted for his own crime of the excessive violence.

We need to do more for preventing pedophile acts which includes offering the treatment we can and programs to prevent their having the opportunity.

I don't like mobs calling for violence and murder. Society deserves protection from the molestation of children, not to commit its own wrong violent acts.
Craig, I like having some dialogue with you but any and all child molesters should be killed on the spot.

Touch my child and the perp will die if I can get to them.

Just like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi3Hyxuf5AE&feature=player_detailpage#t=38

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca

It's the teen that gets 25 years, not the dad, but yeah the article is super badly worded. I only realized it was the teen who got the jail time from reading the comments. I thought it was the dad too.

Rakehellion

Lifer
Jan 15, 2013

How was the violence excessive? What should he have done instead?

MagickMan

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2008
Looks like a fair deal to me. I would have killed the guy for doing that to my child.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
I would have called 911 to get first aid for my bleeding knuckles.

Paladin3

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2004

I understand your concern and desire to be civilized, but in the end I say fvck that guy. The human race is only weakened as a whole when we allow predators like him to exist.

I honest think we suffer as a society when we protect those who have crossed the line. We can debate where that line is but molesting a child is definitely crossing it. I support the right of a father to protect his child to the same degree any animal in nature would try to.

If people got smacked the fvck up for crimes like this and it saved just *ONE* other kid from suffering such an attack, I'm all for it. Molest a child = cease to exist and you'd see fewer children molested.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000

Your JK, right?, what did you expect the dad to do in this situation, stick to harsh language?, that dude is lucky to be alive IMO.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Maybe he had just gotten a heart transplant a few months ago from a sex offender.

:whiste:

disappoint

Lifer
Dec 7, 2009
Craig, I like having some dialogue with you but any and all child molesters should be killed on the spot.

Touch my child and the perp will die if I can get to them.

Just like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi3Hyxuf5AE&feature=player_detailpage#t=38

Looks like a fair deal to me. I would have killed the guy for doing that to my child.

Sick, twisted, disgusting blood lust. If you have homicidal tendencies against those who wronged you just come right out and say so. It's clear you are after revenge and taking out your anger by killing people and not after justice.

Justice is done when the child molester is behind bars and cannot harm another person in a free society.

Would you like to take all of the child molesters that are behind bars out right now, tie them down and torture them to death so you can express your anger and feel better about yourself? You can even wear a superhero outfit complete with a cape if you'd like.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Sick, twisted, disgusting blood lust. If you have homicidal tendencies against those who wronged you just come right out and say so. It's clear you are after revenge and taking out your anger by killing people and not after justice.

Justice is done when the child molester is behind bars and cannot harm another person in a free society. Until they have served their time.

Would you like to take all of the child molesters that are behind bars out right now, tie them down and torture them to death so you can express your anger and feel better about yourself? You can even wear a superhero outfit complete with a cape if you'd like.
Pretty much except for the torture and cape thing.

Do you have any kids?