fastest way to install witcher 1?

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
I have witcher 1 (import uk that predates enhanced version). The game is registered so I know I can redo the full install process (install from dvd, download enhance version and some other stuff I forget what) but is there an easy way to install this - vaguely I think there were 4 downloads required that were larger than the original install. I don't remember everything I had to do the last time and was kind of wondering if the install process has been made easier the last year or so.

[I played it on xp but now i'm up to windows 7; hence the desire to reinstall].

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Guide here http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/41518/How-To-Turn-The-Witcher-Into-The-Witcher-Enhanced-Edition .

Know-how to installation of Enhanced Edition

1. Download the Patch file (it’s something about 1GB)
2. Download the language file/files (more or less 500 MB)
3. Gather them In one folder
4. Start the installation of the Patch.
5. Enjoy The Enhanced Edition :)
6. (Optional) Download bonus content & soundtrack

Going by memory I believe 1.5 is latest version for The Witcher.

Btw plays fine on Win7 x64,I finished it about a month ago for the 3rd time.

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
I forgot to say make sure you install patch 1.4 first since 1.5 is mainly for DRM removal and won't work without 1.4 installed.

The Witcher 1.5 Patch

Author: CD Projekt RED

Patch 1.5 update for The Witcher. You will need to have version 1.4 (aka the Enhanced Edition) installed first.
Modifications:
Copy securities (DRM) are removed
Playing the game no longer requires the game disc in the drive
Patch solves problems with EAX and blurred graphics
Additionally:
5 bonus adventures made by the Witcher community: 'Deceits,' 'Blight of the Bogs,' 'Wraiths of Quiet Hamlet,' 'The Wedding,' Merry Witchmas.'

http://www.shacknews.com/file/24475/the-witcher-15-patch

I let you find 1.4 ;) .

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
Arrg; I have to register the game to install the patch but when I try to register it sez it cannot connect to server. This is very annoying. Anyways I can copy the registration off the old xp system ?

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Arrg; I have to register the game to install the patch but when I try to register it sez it cannot connect to server. This is very annoying. Anyways I can copy the registration off the old xp system ?

Think their servers were down so try again later,btw if you already registered first time round you may be able to use your old password and registered username...thats all I did when I reinstalled The Witcher Enhanced version patches/update ie was to log in.

Btw all patches can be found here http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/patches/thewitcher/patch.html .

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
I got the patches off fileshack (when did they change the name); the problem is that after 4 hours I still could not log into their bloody servers (i hate their stupid drm system; hate hate hate). I can neither log in to use my old id or create a new one in all cases servers are not accepting connections and they refuse to respond to support email (well they haven't after 20 hours).

anyways thanks mem; not your prooblem cp projeckt is lame. I'll update the thread if they ever bother to reply to support email.

Via

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2009
Yeah, this really is annoying.

I have an off day today and I figured I would reinstall the witcher and make some progress, but I can't log in either to upgrade it.

VERY frustrating.