Fast food places keep trying to outdo each other with their spicy burger options. Has it gone too far?

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Was out for a walk and noticed our Harvey's caught on fire. My friend called 911 and it was busy so guessing everyone was calling at same time and a few minutes later started hearing sirens and FD arrived. By the time we got to the other end of the lake they mostly had it out to just smoke. Hopefully no one was hurt in that.

I was thinking it was a rooftop hvac unit but based on this video I'm guessing a gas line ruptured:

(not sure if that link will work)

Edit:

That was fast: https://www.mytimminsnow.com/67828/news/breaking-news-fire-at-harveys-swiss-chalet/

Looks like there was roof work being done with a propane torch so probably related.

Last edited:

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
In other Timmins news, they had a visit by a spirit moose

white-moose.JPG

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Never seen a white moose myself but they do show up once in a while. Imgur link seem to break on the forum now but this is an article on it:

Did see a regular moose the other day when I went to my off grid property though, kind of cool to see one in person.

Sometimes you don't even have to leave town to see one though!

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Never seen a white moose myself but they do show up once in a while. Imgur link seem to break on the forum now but this is an article on it:

Did see a regular moose the other day when I went to my off grid property though, kind of cool to see one in person.

Sometimes you don't even have to leave town to see one though!

Funny that apparently you can hunt other Moose, but not the "mutant" white ones. I guess being born with that condition for them is kind of winning the lottery. White privilege, indeed.

White moose are protected under provincial law. Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry prohibits the hunting of moose that are predominantly white, including any more than 50 per cent white, in the area along Highway 101 from Timmins to Chapleau.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Yeah they're super rare so probably why. Even to hunt regular moose it's not easy, you need to apply for a tag and it's kinda like an auction so you're not guaranteed to be able to actually hunt one. Not a bad thing though as it ensures they are not over hunted.

Reactions: Pohemi and pmv

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
I have always loved Harveys. They are a great burger chain. I just wish they weren't so expensive.

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
I like spicy burgers. Here we have Carl's Jr. instead of Harveys, but they are much pricier than Mcdonalds. But better.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Ironicly after this incident we walked over to McD's to get a spicy burger. The fallout from the smoke was in that direction, it just made sense. :p