Fascinating Convos with Religiously Impelled Trumpers at Trump Rallies

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
“HE’S THE CHOSEN ONE TO RUN AMERICA”: INSIDE THE CULT OF TRUMP, HIS RALLIES ARE CHURCH AND HE IS THE GOSPEL

Trump’s rallies—a bizarre mishmash of numerology, tweetology, and white supremacy—are the rituals by which he stamps his name on the American dream. As he prepares to resume them for the first time in months, his followers are ready to receive.

^^^ This Vanity Fair article really delivers. I hope those non-subscribers with longer attention spans amongst you get to read it. The vignettes are by turns bewildering and frightening, but always dead nuts hilarious!

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
“HE’S THE CHOSEN ONE TO RUN AMERICA”: INSIDE THE CULT OF TRUMP, HIS RALLIES ARE CHURCH AND HE IS THE GOSPEL

Trump’s rallies—a bizarre mishmash of numerology, tweetology, and white supremacy—are the rituals by which he stamps his name on the American dream. As he prepares to resume them for the first time in months, his followers are ready to receive.

^^^ This Vanity Fair article really delivers. I hope those non-subscribers with longer attention spans amongst you get to read it. The vignettes are by turns bewildering and frightening, but always dead nuts hilarious!
just wonder what they will do when he loses.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
But Obama was not the chosen one when he was elected, because *reasons.

*does NOT include racism, just ask my African American over there if you don't believe me.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Reminds me of living in Pensacola. Ugh.

Exactly how I, and any other sane person, would describe this forum.

Always nice to see a cult member dispute observable reality and the sanity of others. Those shoelaces hanging from your trap or are you just happy to see us? Attacking the messenger and not the message, always the mark of a confidant argument.

Kinda figures your view of the forum would be disparaging, what with how often you've had your ass handed to you here. Maybe someday you should try actually debating, instead of just running defense for intellectual and moral bankruptcy. Perhaps your posts would produce something closer to topical feedback, and less of the pity, resentment and laughter they usually create.

C'mon Rim Job, give it the ol college try.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
But Obama was not the chosen one when he was elected, because *reasons.

*does NOT include racism, just ask my African American over there if you don't believe me.

Look, if you think trying to steal elections, start bogus wars, or wiping your ass with the Constitution is worse than tan suits and Grey Poupon, well, then you just clearly hate America. You probably think kids should eat healthy food and people want affordable healthcare too.

Feh.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Exactly how I, and any other sane person, would describe this forum.
If this were true, you should be able to provide a compelling argument. Or at least something better than because you say so, which is the least sane argument possible.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Reminds me of living in Pensacola. Ugh.

Always nice to see a cult member dispute observable reality and the sanity of others. Those shoelaces hanging from your trap or are you just happy to see us? Attacking the messenger and not the message, always the mark of a confidant argument.

Kinda figures your view of the forum would be disparaging, what with how often you've had your ass handed to you here. Maybe someday you should try actually debating, instead of just running defense for intellectual and moral bankruptcy. Perhaps your posts would produce something closer to topical feedback, and less of the pity, resentment and laughter they usually create.

C'mon Rim Job, give it the ol college try.
He is just angry that his handler fired his ass!! Muahahahaa

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
If this were true, you should be able to provide a compelling argument. Or at least something better than because you say so, which is the least sane argument possible.
You must remember that you are talking to the guy who had a secret Sniper friend...

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
read the article and it's just as bad as I thought. even a little worse. if the rapture came and took away all these dumbfuck uneducated pieces of shit the country would be a far far better place.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
This is truly a cult.
I've said this all along and I was the only one saying that until Bill Maher also started calling it a cult on his show. So, first it was me and then it was Bill Maher, and eventually everyone could see the cult for themselves, but it did take some time for people to see it. This was way back when most republican politicians still did not trust Donald Trump and often called Trump out. Little Lindsey called Trump names in public and on camera, Mitch McConnell did not trust Trump, Chris Christy didn't like Donald Trump, and on and on went that list. Take note.... republicans dare not say that any longer. Never, in fact. They too have been sucked-in by the Trump cult like falling victim to quick-sand.

Face it... most of us knew WHO, and most of us knew WHAT this Trump guy really was from the very start and we'd have nothing to do with him. However, what ended up so shocking to us normal "never Trump" folks was how fast this Trump cult took root and grew at an incredible rate of growth as it sucked in innocent weak-minded souls. Obama had it nailed when Obama said "They get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations." Obama apologized for suggesting that, Obama should have never apologized because what Obama said was exactly true. Obama nailed it.

I have a lot of Trumpies within my family members. Sisters, their adult kids, their kids kids, husbands, wives, aunts and uncles, and some cousins. The wrath of this Trump cult infection has spread like some coronavirus outbreak among my family and relatives. It has been terrible to watch. With everything that Donald Trump has done, with much of it negatively impacting the members of my Donald Trump cult relatives, they still stick solid with Donald Trump. It is truly strange. It is like they expect Donald Trump to take them up into the clouds one day. Up into some Donald Trump heaven of all white people and beer guts. I don't get it. I can't explain it. And now with everything that has happened while Trump has been president, they cling to Donald Trump even more determined.

It seems as if the world had some spiritual or biblical prophecy predicting all of this. I mean.... how bad can it get under Donald Trump? What else can happen? And with all that insanity going on around Donald Trump, the divide between his cult people and everyone else grows wider and wider. Now, we have the Trump rallies where people would put Trump loyalty before personal safety. I once started a thread around here titled WOULD YOU DIE FOR ME? The thread, asking would Trumpies actually die for Donald Trump? Well, they would and they will. Wearing a mask is considered anti-Trump for them, yet dying for Donald Trump they are fully onboard with.
That.... is a cult.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
This is truly a cult.
I've said this all along and I was the only one saying that until Bill Maher also started calling it a cult on his show. So, first it was me and then it was Bill Maher, and eventually everyone could see the cult for themselves, but it did take some time for people to see it. This was way back when most republican politicians still did not trust Donald Trump and often called Trump out. Little Lindsey called Trump names in public and on camera, Mitch McConnell did not trust Trump, Chris Christy didn't like Donald Trump, and on and on went that list. Take note.... republicans dare not say that any longer. Never, in fact. They too have been sucked-in by the Trump cult like falling victim to quick-sand.

Face it... most of us knew WHO, and most of us knew WHAT this Trump guy really was from the very start and we'd have nothing to do with him. However, what ended up so shocking to us normal "never Trump" folks was how fast this Trump cult took root and grew at an incredible rate of growth as it sucked in innocent weak-minded souls. Obama had it nailed when Obama said "They get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations." Obama apologized for suggesting that, Obama should have never apologized because what Obama said was exactly true. Obama nailed it.

I have a lot of Trumpies within my family members. Sisters, their adult kids, their kids kids, husbands, wives, aunts and uncles, and some cousins. The wrath of this Trump cult infection has spread like some coronavirus outbreak among my family and relatives. It has been terrible to watch. With everything that Donald Trump has done, with much of it negatively impacting the members of my Donald Trump cult relatives, they still stick solid with Donald Trump. It is truly strange. It is like they expect Donald Trump to take them up into the clouds one day. Up into some Donald Trump heaven of all white people and beer guts. I don't get it. I can't explain it. And now with everything that has happened while Trump has been president, they cling to Donald Trump even more determined.

It seems as if the world had some spiritual or biblical prophecy predicting all of this. I mean.... how bad can it get under Donald Trump? What else can happen? And with all that insanity going on around Donald Trump, the divide between his cult people and everyone else grows wider and wider. Now, we have the Trump rallies where people would put Trump loyalty before personal safety. I once started a thread around here titled WOULD YOU DIE FOR ME? The thread, asking would Trumpies actually die for Donald Trump? Well, they would and they will. Wearing a mask is considered anti-Trump for them, yet dying for Donald Trump they are fully onboard with.
That.... is a cult.

Not that it matters but we’ve both been calling trumpism a cult and we did so within a week of each other (you were first though).

Reactions: DarthKyrie

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Not that it matters but we’ve both been calling trumpism a cult and we did so within a week of each other (you were first though).

Which is pretty-much how I've started to think about Boris Johnson's fan-club and the Brexiters (almost, but-not-qute, the same people). I didn't start-off seeing it that way, far from it, but increasingly, with the pathetic sycophantic loyalty so many seem to display towards Johnson and his government, defending every single thing their beloved-leaders do, I have started to see it as a cult.

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
This isn't really a surprise. Trump loyalists are fucking nut cases.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Later, as I listened to my recording of our conversation (made with Diane’s permission) I found myself thinking, I can’t use any of this. It’s too much. This doesn’t represent anything but one woman’s delusions. Then I googled the Las Vegas shooting. And holy shit—Diane is far from alone. The belief that the Vegas massacre was the work of a nefarious “they” is actually much closer to the world most of us inhabit than the outer reaches of QAnon. It began with Alex Jones, then gathered force via a 51-page PowerPoint document by a retired senior CIA officer and Rich Higgins, Trump’s former director of strategic planning for the National Security Council. The theory notes that the Islamic State claimed credit for the attack; that a man on the same floor as the shooter had reportedly eaten Turkish kebab; and that this man was also known to have supported transgender rights on his Facebook page. Which adds up to—obviously—an ISIS-antifa attack on American soil. From Jones to Higgins and then to Tucker Carlson, who several months after the shooting invited Scott Perry, a GOP congressman and retired Army National Guard brigadier general, onto his show to promulgate what he described as “credible evidence of a possible terrorist nexus” behind the massacre.

... Nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure....

How will humanity survive insanity, btw?

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
This is truly a cult.

That.... is a cult.
You are correct. This unwavering loyalty and conversion of seeming rational people onto the Trump bandwagon is terrifying, and impossible to comprehend, at the same time. It is also why I am terribly afraid he is going to be re-elected. No matter how terrible anything he does is, it will be deemed as "fake news" and wont make a dent in their loyalty. And this somehow includes a lot of seeming reasonable people, not just the racist, homophobic rednecks that one would expect to support Trump. Even worse, they dont just support him because he is the only alternative to the dems, but they support him enthusiastically.

And you can be sure their turnout will be very high when November rolls around. All it will take for him to be re-elected (given the inherent bias of the electoral college) is a low turnout the rest of the electorate or enough undecideds to shy away from Biden's apparent incoherence and vote for Trump to give him another term.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
You are correct. This unwavering loyalty and conversion of seeming rational people onto the Trump bandwagon is terrifying, and impossible to comprehend, at the same time. It is also why I am terribly afraid he is going to be re-elected. No matter how terrible anything he does is, it will be deemed as "fake news" and wont make a dent in their loyalty. And this somehow includes a lot of seeming reasonable people, not just the racist, homophobic rednecks that one would expect to support Trump. Even worse, they dont just support him because he is the only alternative to the dems, but they support him enthusiastically.

And you can be sure their turnout will be very high when November rolls around. All it will take for him to be re-elected (given the inherent bias of the electoral college) is a low turnout the rest of the electorate or enough undecideds to shy away from Biden's apparent incoherence and vote for Trump to give him another term.

Even if all of his supporters show and only the same people that voted in 2016 show up to vote, trump loses. He has lost too much ground to make up the difference. 2020 will be a landslide for Biden, the largest victory since Reagan.