Farty passenger forces flight to make emergency landing

SKORPI0

Lifer
Jan 18, 2000
https://nypost.com/2018/02/18/farty-passenger-forces-flight-to-make-emergency-landing/

A pilot made an emergency landing after a fight broke out over a passenger who allegedly refused to stop passing gas.

Two Dutchmen sitting next to the flatulent passenger reportedly asked the man to stop, but he refused and continued to break wind aboard the Transavia Airlines flight from Dubai to Amsterdam Schiphol.

The budget airline crew allegedly did not help the passengers after their complaints, Metro reports, leading to a fight between the men. Despite a warning from the pilot, the altercation continued and forced the airplane to be diverted to Vienna Airport, where it made an emergency landing.................

:D:D:D

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
So all I had to do was punch someone when that guy shit himself and the aisle onboard my flight? That was probably preferable than 2.5 hours in the air to NY dealing with the smell.

Nov 8, 2012
With how cramped flights are and the fact that you literally can't be a relaxing position in those damn seats, I would relieve myself of any pressure too....

Skunk-Works

Jun 29, 2016
Fucker couldn't excuse himself and go to the tiny restroom?

Couple months back there was an airline that had a similar situation, but in this case the gas was so bad they had to divert.

May 11, 2008
So the only remedie is here to make sure you smell worse when farting than all the other passengers that break wind.
Or eat a can of Surströmming before bording. That will keep the seats around you free.
Seriously, there should be a fine on farting in an airplane.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
NPR featured an in-depth report of this incident on Science Friday with Ira Flatus.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thebobo