Farscape is CRAP

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: FeathersMcGraw
Originally posted by: DaveSimmons
People (including me) called Firefly crap based on Fox's butchering on TV. Your loss if you give up because of the first few episodes -- a couple of early SG-1 season 1 episodes (like the Planet of Male Chauvinist Barbarians) were pretty bad too.

To say nothing of some of the early episodes of Babylon 5 and Star Trek: TNG.

The early episodes of TNG were just plain poop, but the early B5 episodes at least established reference points that were referred to in later seasons. So they did indeed make sense. I have the Season 1 dvd, and they are really not *that* bad.

Aug 23, 2000
Originally posted by: Astaroth33
Originally posted by: FeathersMcGraw
People (including me) called Firefly crap based on Fox's butchering on TV. Your loss if you give up because of the first few episodes -- a couple of early SG-1 season 1 episodes (like the Planet of Male Chauvinist Barbarians) were pretty bad too.

To say nothing of some of the early episodes of Babylon 5 and Star Trek: TNG.

The early episodes of TNG were just plain poop, but the early B5 episodes at least established reference points that were referred to in later seasons. So they did indeed make sense. I have the Season 1 dvd, and they are really not *that* bad.

Baylon 5 started out rocky and most people miss an epsiode here and there and with B5 if you miss an episode you're out of the loop. After watching the whole series in order with the movies they made it is very obvious that the whole thing was laid out from the begining. I have all the B5 shows and enjoy them very much(excalibur doesn't count. It sucks)

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Originally posted by: wyvrn
Originally posted by: wyvrn
solution???

stfu and don't watch it

I am not watching it. And I just complained to piss you off :)

Episodes 1 and 7 come on the first DVD. 7 was better, but still absolute crap. I like the old reruns of the British sci-fi show that comes on PBS (whats the name?) better than I liked Farscape. Absolute crap.

Firefly was good from the beginning. I watched the entire series and felt like they didn't get a chance to really develop the storyline. There were 9 characters, and you need time to get them all drawn out. I'll be first in line to see the movie.

Are you talking about Red Dwarf, by any chance?

JoeKing

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I watched a few episodes of farscape and liked them, the main character is likable, that big brown alien guy was cool, and the blue chick was hot (shows how much I watch the show since I know the names). I particularly enjoyed the comedic qualities of the show.

Now the american version of LEX was compelty stupid

SWScorch

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
Originally posted by: JeffreyLebowski
Originally posted by: SWScorch
congratulations, you have taste! :)

How can you say he has taste, he watches firefly a show that was soo bad it didn't make it for a whole season.

I've never heard of Firefly. The only way I know of farscape is because my sister watches it and it's one of the cheesiest shows I've ever seen.