Farmer's Almanac predicts worst winter in 200 years...

Red

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2002
That's what this lady sitting next to me at works says anyway... and she swears by the book. Kinda worries me she might be right since we're on the leaving edge of El Nino this winter.

Believe in this Farmer's Almanac stuff?

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
I don't believe in the Farmer's Almanac...it's been inaccurate for years.

El Nino is a better harbinger of upcoming weather.

LordJezo

Banned
May 16, 2001
Pretty sweet that I have a 45 mile commute this year and a mountain to go over during it.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
didnt it say that last year also????

its beleivable its only 42 her ecurrently in Pa and its 39 at my home in NY

just got this

"FROST ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 12 AM TO 9 AM EDT FRIDAY...

CLEAR SKIES AND LIGHT WINDS WILL ALLOW TEMPERATURES TO PLUMMET AFTER SUNSET. BY DAWN... FROST IS EXPECTED IN MOST PLACES WITH TEMPERATURES IN THE MID 30S. NORMALLY COLDER RURAL VALLEYS WILL DROP TO AROUND 30 DEGREES.
"

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
So, what color are the wooly bears this year? ;)

Anyway.. Bring it on! We haven't had a good snow year here in Portland since like 95.

308nato

Platinum Member
Feb 10, 2002
Originally posted by: Skoorb
You mean the redneck bible? I don't buy a word of it.

Not even the recipes or vegetable planting guides ?????

Red

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2002
Originally posted by: Anubis
didnt it say that last year also????

its beleivable its only 42 her ecurrently in Pa and its 39 at my home in NY

I have no idea, this lady keeps telling me. I've never even seen a farmers almanac.

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
Originally posted by: Eli

Anyway.. Bring it on! We haven't had a good snow year here in Portland since like 95.

No good snow here in WI in years either, despite the fact that it's been incredibly cold. I don't mind snow, but I don't like the incredible cold.

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999

You guys better not get a good snow this year. I've finally left the state, and if you finally get snow, I'm going to be pissed.:p

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: LordJezo
Pretty sweet that I have a 45 mile commute this year and a mountain to go over during it.
You have mountains in Jersey? :confused:

Actually, we got a good snow (well... 3"-6") for a couple of days around Christmas of '01 if you lived on the west side above ~350 feet. I was living at a different place than I do now that was around 700 feet so it was pretty cool.
The last "big" one I remember was in like January of '98. We had like a foot downtown and I think Troutdale got more than 18".

edit: yes, it's true, we never get any snow. Just rain, rain, rain, and a constant 38F all winter long :(

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
I believe it's probably right for this year. This summer was weaker than Sh!t, so I expect a hard winter. (Hard for TX, anyway)

optoman

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 1999
Noooo, natural gas prices are about shoot through the roof. Can't afford higher gas bills. :(

Nyical

Golden Member
Feb 7, 2003
Originally posted by: vi_edit
Originally posted by: boyRacer
i love winter. :heart:

So, does winter in LA mean you can put away the sunscreen?

Yep it does but you replace it with a filtration system because of all the smog that hangs there when it gets colder :)