Far-Out Javascript question...

Futher

Golden Member
Jan 18, 2002
I don't know if anyone is very good at javascript, or if they will even be able to understand what I'm talking about. I'm writing a program that has 5 target objects on the stage, and 5 different attributes that can be changed. For instance, you click on one of the targets, and you can change the opacity, the rotation, the width and the height. The last attribute is gradually increasing a blueish tint. The only way I think this can be done is by duplicating the target sprites, making 1 totally blue, and then overlaying it on top of the other sprite and changing the opacity to 0. Then by increasing the opacity, it will slowly start to show the blue figure over the other figure....

Now the problem is if I click on a target, and change the opacity, that works fine, but if I rotate it or alter it in any way, it only changes that sprite, and shows the other sprite in back of it. Is there any way to make it so that it changes both the one I click on and the one in back of it? If no one has any idea what I'm talking about, which you probably don't since the description isn't that good, thanks anyway. I'll post more info or code if asked. Thanks a lot.

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
I dont know if you're really providing enough information, are you using Javascript to alter the CSS opacity filter (I think it's IE only)?

MaxDepth

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2001
this will work only in IE. For Mozilla, you'll need need a meta tag for a refresh.

No wait, that won't work either. You might need a rollover action that would display a different gif.

Futher

Golden Member
Jan 18, 2002
Sorry, I'm using a scene in director and coding everything from there. Not using CSS or anything, just director.