• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Far Cry 6 release date pushed out.

KeithP

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2000
It is no longer slated for February 18th…

While the public statement doesn’t give any indication of a new release date, Ubisoft held an earnings call today, via Polygon, stating that Far Cry 6 is now set to release during the company’s next fiscal year, which runs from April 2021 through March 2022. Thus, the earliest we may hope to see the game release is this April.
-KeithP

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
I'm surprised they aren't getting death threats. Everyone should be up in arms about them delaying it. :p

Stg-Flame

Platinum Member
Mar 10, 2007
I can only hope they do better than the travesty they called Far Cry 5.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Wasn't planning on getting it anyway. I've become tired of the far cry series. I did finish 5 but can't say I loved it.

Stg-Flame

Platinum Member
Mar 10, 2007
I couldn't finish 5. I killed two of the three siblings, but I couldn't stand the non-stop jolting experience of being removed from playing and forced into some scripted bull**** that didn't make any sense. I just wiped out a small base by myself then stole a helicopter and while I was in the air, I was told some hunters were looking for me and somehow they were able to capture me 2,000 feet in the air. I'd be wandering around a mountain - nowhere near any plants - then all of a sudden my allergies would be acting up from these non-existent white flowers and I'd be transported into some dream world.

Far Cry 5 felt like Grand Theft Auto 5 when it was first released. The developers didn't want you to have too much fun, so they made sure there were features within the game that simply prevented you from doing what you wanted.

Reactions: DeathReborn

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
FC5 is good enough for me. I liked the plot and the hip religious cult leader angle with great ethereal praisse-music-esque soundtrack.

I like the scripted parts because I was looking for a single-player open world experience.

FC5 played like GTA with much better gunplay. As a matter of fact I don't know how GTA has such terrible gunplay with sluggish feel.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I just started playing New Dawn and like it quite a bit. Like with most FC games, I don't know if I'll finish it, but I'll still get 20-30 hours of enjoyments out of it before it gets repetitive. Bummer that 6 is pushed back, but between Watch Dogs Legion, Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Cyberpunk, and others... I should be pretty busy

johnbelley_

Nov 1, 2020
I'm fine with a weak 2021 opening. I'm finally getting time to catch up on all the RPG's I've never had time for.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rebello PC Games 0
shortylickens PC Games 6

ASK THE COMMUNITY