Far Cry 6 release date pushed out.

KeithP

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2000
It is no longer slated for February 18th…

While the public statement doesn’t give any indication of a new release date, Ubisoft held an earnings call today, via Polygon, stating that Far Cry 6 is now set to release during the company’s next fiscal year, which runs from April 2021 through March 2022. Thus, the earliest we may hope to see the game release is this April.

-KeithP

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
I'm surprised they aren't getting death threats. Everyone should be up in arms about them delaying it. :p

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Wasn't planning on getting it anyway. I've become tired of the far cry series. I did finish 5 but can't say I loved it.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
I couldn't finish 5. I killed two of the three siblings, but I couldn't stand the non-stop jolting experience of being removed from playing and forced into some scripted bull**** that didn't make any sense. I just wiped out a small base by myself then stole a helicopter and while I was in the air, I was told some hunters were looking for me and somehow they were able to capture me 2,000 feet in the air. I'd be wandering around a mountain - nowhere near any plants - then all of a sudden my allergies would be acting up from these non-existent white flowers and I'd be transported into some dream world.

Far Cry 5 felt like Grand Theft Auto 5 when it was first released. The developers didn't want you to have too much fun, so they made sure there were features within the game that simply prevented you from doing what you wanted.

Reactions: DeathReborn

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
FC5 is good enough for me. I liked the plot and the hip religious cult leader angle with great ethereal praisse-music-esque soundtrack.

I like the scripted parts because I was looking for a single-player open world experience.

FC5 played like GTA with much better gunplay. As a matter of fact I don't know how GTA has such terrible gunplay with sluggish feel.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I just started playing New Dawn and like it quite a bit. Like with most FC games, I don't know if I'll finish it, but I'll still get 20-30 hours of enjoyments out of it before it gets repetitive. Bummer that 6 is pushed back, but between Watch Dogs Legion, Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Cyberpunk, and others... I should be pretty busy

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
ITS OUT!

Lots of people started playing immediately at midnight. I guess they preloaded.
Twitch is full of Far Cry 6. Everybody likes it. There are some day one bugs, but considerably fewer than any other Ubisoft game.

Reactions: DAPUNISHER

PlanetJosh

Golden Member
May 6, 2013
Wait it's 2020, I mean up just one post before the guy just before me it's 2020. The guy right above me is 2021 so a year went by fast between the post from the guy just above the guy just above me. So this is 2021.

And to back on topic I have about an hour left of the download including the hi res textures. Want to see all those lakes, rivers, cliffs and the rest I saw on the map & videos. And to play the story and gameplay too, sure.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I forced myself to finish 5. Didn't really enjoy the story or the scripted parts. Every far cry game has been the same for me. Cool for about 3-4 hours then it's repetitive. I was watching one review yesterday where they showed gunplay and some third person views at times. I guess they tried to change the style up a little. Weapons looked new and fun.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I forced myself to finish 5. Didn't really enjoy the story or the scripted parts. Every far cry game has been the same for me. Cool for about 3-4 hours then it's repetitive. I was watching one review yesterday where they showed gunplay and some third person views at times. I guess they tried to change the style up a little. Weapons looked new and fun.
Far Cry 1 is the only game thats different, and it was made by CryTek. All the rest were made by Ubisoft, and Ubisoft likes to extend gameplay by introducing boring, repetitive elements.

Far Cry 2 didnt have cash, only diamonds. And you had to chase down those friggen things with a stupid little GPS minigame. Very annoying.
Far Cry 3 was probably the least annoying. Too many towers but that was it.
Far Cry 4 had towers, AND annoying dream/drug sequences, and the annoying arena, which you are only forced to do once but still, and way too many scripted cutscenes that couldnt be avoided, and the alternate reality set in ancient times. It was a fun game overall but had too much nonsense.
Far Cry 5 to me was actually much better. Most cutscenes could be skipped, you could take almost anything at your own pace, they were a little stingy with the money, and they pushed the in-game purchases too much (those damn silver bars) but overall I was fine with it. Oh, and the forced sequences when your resistance points got too high, those were annoying. Still overall better than Far Cry 4.
Primal and New Dawn were both garbage, but in retrospect that should have been obvious from the trailers.

No, like most other long standing franchises with too many entries, more than half the games are relatively bad.
The Battlefield Series is an even worse offender.

BUT, FC6 looks to be not only good, but popular with the fans.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
Far Cry 1

Far Cry 2
Far Cry 3
Far Cry 4
Far Cry 5

1 was captivating as a first-time experience, but the failings of the engine, specially the ridiculous XR vision of enemies from miles away, and their pinpoint accuracy, made it nearly unplayable. One of the very few games i have never managed to beat, only got as far as the volcano.

2 was the one with the malaria, right? i played it for a while, eventually got bored of the repetitive gameplay, broken windshields and malaria BS.

3 was fun, pretty solid mechanics up until you kill the bad guy (Vash?), then the story of the warrior kinda went sideways. Not a big fan of the dream sequences, or the bow sequences.

4 loved it. Loved every minute of it, loved assaulting fortresses, loved stealth missions, characters were solid, the bad guy even makes sense. Weapons were unfortunately broken, because the Driller trumps every other gun in the game in nearly every role. Buzzsaw is just ridiculous but you get it really late. Gorgeous map tho.

Reactions: DAPUNISHER

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
but that .. that's Far Cry.
And yet, Far Cry 5 somehow made the scripted sequences make even less sense than they usually do. I tried to go back and play it again this year while clearing out my backlog and I just can't do it. The moment I start to have fun by doing missions or side-quests, whoever owns the territory that I'm in will abduct me with either magic flowers or blowdarts that can penetrate a helicopter and shove me into an unskippable sequence that does absolutely nothing for the story.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
The one upside to all these FC games is that since 2, pretty much everyone has just been a bundled game with something I purchased.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
And yet, Far Cry 5 somehow made the scripted sequences make even less sense than they usually do. I tried to go back and play it again this year while clearing out my backlog and I just can't do it. The moment I start to have fun by doing missions or side-quests, whoever owns the territory that I'm in will abduct me with either magic flowers or blowdarts that can penetrate a helicopter and shove me into an unskippable sequence that does absolutely nothing for the story.
is that a one-time thing, or is it something that can repeat itself?

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
hopefully this is "the game's not ready, let's give people real time" and not "holy shit the game is not ready everyone crunch 24 hours for the next 6 months"

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
1 was captivating as a first-time experience, but the failings of the engine, specially the ridiculous XR vision of enemies from miles away, and their pinpoint accuracy, made it nearly unplayable. One of the very few games i have never managed to beat, only got as far as the volcano.
This was a rare game I used cheat codes to beat. It was ridiculously hard near the end. But I loved the game. It was a real tech showcase as I remember.

The rest of the series, I don't think I have finished a single one. They are fun to load up and cause mayhem for a short time, or test old hardware, that's about it. Not my bag baby.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Wait it's 2020, I mean up just one post before the guy just before me it's 2020. The guy right above me is 2021 so a year went by fast between the post from the guy just above the guy just above me. So this is 2021.

And to back on topic I have about an hour left of the download including the hi res textures. Want to see all those lakes, rivers, cliffs and the rest I saw on the map & videos. And to play the story and gameplay too, sure.

Curious what hardware you have, and how the HD textures run. I skipped that download because it recommended 11gigs of VRAM and I only have 6 (on my 2060). There's quite a few oddly low res textures in the base game though, and it honestly makes it look worse than FC5 as it stands now IMO. I'm playing on a mix of high/ultra and the lighting looks good enough, and looks generally good while playing, the cutscenes really highlight the problem.

Anyway, just finished up the first little island intro portion and opened up the main map. It's definitely just more farcry, which I generally enjoy for 15-20 hours before I move on.

So far my only gripe is it looks like they have things ammo capacity upgrades tied to weapon mods, when they used to be unlocked with either a crafting system or some other skill system. The way it is now, I don't see a good way of having all of the upgrades active like I'm used to, you have a limited number of mod slots and you have to choose which combination you have active. Maybe weapons later in the game have more mod slots, but right now that part feels like a step backwards.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Yes most reviewers have said its just more of the same in terms of gameplay, and they apparently got rid of skills and feats and perks. Now everything is mods.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Sounds like I might get tired of it after some time so I would probably want to pick it up randomly when the price drops, and it will. I played 1 and 3 but don't remember if I finished them. I did finish 5 because it had been a long time since my last Far Cry game.

The fans seem to like this one because of the island/tropical setting. But it doesn't seem like it brought in anything new to change up the formula when it starts getting repetitive.

DeathReborn

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 2005
The game just seems dirty, like a bad film grain is all over it. Gonna shelve it until some work has been done by mods I think.