Far Cry 4 reviews coming in now

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
I hate that this, GTA V, and Dragon Age are coming out at the same time. I really loved FC3 but I'm getting Dragon Age.

I really loved how random Far Cry 3 was, just going to a camp or something and a tiger or other animal jumps out of nowhere. This looks to improve on that aspect which was my favorite part of the game. Also it's great that on PS4 you can play with someone that doesn't own this game. I'll pick this up after Dragon Age.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
I hate that this, GTA V, and Dragon Age are coming out at the same time. I really loved FC3 but I'm getting Dragon Age.

I really loved how random Far Cry 3 was, just going to a camp or something and a tiger or other animal jumps out of nowhere. This looks to improve on that aspect which was my favorite part of the game. Also it's great that on PS4 you can play with someone that doesn't own this game. I'll pick this up after Dragon Age.

I may do the same thing. Dragon Age first, farcry later on.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
ill probably get far cry when its like $30. i liked part 3 a lot but i didn't have time to finish it then lost interest. i played it quite a bit though. also still want to get sunset overdrive. i'm just waiting for the black friday deals before i buy anything, not in a hurry.

Lil Frier

Platinum Member
Oct 3, 2013
I'm kind of glad I skipped out on EA for so long and generally ignored a lot of these franchises. I have so much to play already that I couldn't possibly fit these games in. Like I said with Dragon Age: Inquisition: I have no interest, but I am glad that fans of the series will get a solid game.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here, not really caring for CoD multiplayer, while begging 343 to get Halo playable online, while waiting for that sweet, sweet Super Smash Bros. Plus, the phenomenal Best Buy Black Friday prices that are coming.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I enjoyed the last few far cry games and will be getting this when I get bored of cod aw. I played through nearly half the campaign before multiplayer was fully installed.

But I'm still undecided weather I'll pick it up on Xbox or ps4.

raasco

Platinum Member
Feb 6, 2009
Still torn on whether I will get this on the PC or PS4. I suppose I will have to wait for the PC reviews, but literately having just finished FC3 I am definitely getting this. Only problem is my huge backlog of games...

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Still torn on whether I will get this on the PC or PS4. I suppose I will have to wait for the PC reviews, but literately having just finished FC3 I am definitely getting this. Only problem is my huge backlog of games...

Didn't they say you can share the game with people on ps4 if they are friends? Looks like the game for ps4 comes with invites for that. I thought it was anyone on your friends list.

I have a lot of games to finish as well but I probably won't finish them. I keep buying more and more. May wait until my friend gets it so he can share play it with me and then I maybe I'll decide what system to buy it on.

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
I couldn't get into FC3. FC usually goes on sale really quickly after launch. I remember picking it up for around $15 a few months after launch. I'll do Dragon Age first as well.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Thinking about oreordering it tonite at best buy for the $10 certificate and then buying GCU with it tomorrow for $30 but I still have not decided weather I'll get it for Xbox or ps4. Lately I've been playing on the Xbox more just because its new to me.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004

I'm torn too. I don't boot up my gaming rig that often anymore, and have been slowly sliding towards just couch gaming. FC3 looked great on PC though, and I don't think I'll have as much fun shooting with a controller as I did on the PC.

First world problems...

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Picked this up at best buy for ps4 with gamers club unlocked. My buddy wants to share play with me.

nitromullet

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2004
I couldn't get into FC3. FC usually goes on sale really quickly after launch. I remember picking it up for around $15 a few months after launch. I'll do Dragon Age first as well.

How far did you get? I picked it up once, and didn't really get into it because I just got killed everywhere I went. I decided to give it another shot and did some of the recommended side missions, which let me build up my character a bit, and I ended up really enjoying the game a lot.

It also gets way better once you have a bigger inventory, and you don't have to constantly sell stuff just to make room.

I'll definitely be getting FC4, but seeing as how I have a backlog, there is no rush.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
You can die a lot in far cry 4 too but you have more options and mechanics for battle or stealth. The upgrade system is large too and it has a lot of options to choose from. My favorite so far is throwing bait near enemies and watching a tiger or bear come and mual them.

Blanky

Platinum Member
Oct 18, 2014
Played 12-15 hours. Just like fc3. Strangely the only real complaint I have is the f**king Eagles. When I am walking around or whatever and these f**king things swoop down it just doesn't add to the game at all.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Awesome, the tech preview looked incredible. This game would be the bomb on an Oculus Rift!

Kneedragger

Golden Member
Feb 18, 2013
Played about four hours of this game last weekend and really enjoyed it. Coop was pretty fun but I don't think you can do story missions together.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Played about four hours of this game last weekend and really enjoyed it. Coop was pretty fun but I don't think you can do story missions together.

Even if you give someone a co op key? I thought the point of the co op in campaign mode was to allow your friends to help you through the story.

Kneedragger

Golden Member
Feb 18, 2013
Even if you give someone a co op key? I thought the point of the co op in campaign mode was to allow your friends to help you through the story.
Yeah I would say its more like side missions. Also you need to finish Act 1 in the campaign to unlock coop.